Runner-up Finish for Chip Ganassi Racing at Daytona 24Hr.
Rolex 24 at Daytona
The team's second entry (No. 02 Target/TELMEX Dinan-Prepared BMW Riley) driven by Scott Dixon, Dario Franchitti, Juan Pablo Montoya and Jamie McMurray led a race-high 139 of 249 (56%) laps through the first nine hours of the event before retiring with mechanical issues to finish 15th in the Daytona Prototype class.
The two CGRFS cars combined to lead 285 of the 755 laps (No.01-146 and No.02-139). The team has three wins and two second place finishes in the last five 24-hour races at Daytona -- continuing the best stretch in race history.
Results from Rolex 24 At Daytona
1.) No. 9 Porsche Riley
2.) No. 01 TELMEX/Target Dinan-Prepared BMW Riley (Pruett, Rojas, Wilson, Papis)
3.) No. 95 BMW Riley
15.) No. 02 Target/TELMEX Dinan-Prepared BMW Riley (Dixon, Franchitti, Montoya, McMurray)
No. 01 TELMEX/Target Dinan-Prepared BMW Riley Quotes
"Thanks to my team of guys at Ganassi and these drivers. There are so many guys that are up for 24 straight hours that go unnoticed. Unfortunately for the No. 02 car they had some bad luck but in the end it was promising for the season-long No.01 effort in that we were strong and can look forward to bigger and better things for the 2010 season with TELMEX."
"It's an honor to be here with this lineup. It's a bittersweet moment to be here with Scott [Pruett] because I wanted to win this with him so bad. Our one goal was winning and I wanted to do that for him and Chip. Congratulations to the No.9 team. What a great effort. They pressured us throughout the race and hats off to them. That's part of racing and hopefully we can do this again. It was a real honor to get the call from Chip Ganassi for this race."
"We had a strange incident out of the bus stop chicane and the car shook around with a rattle. I thought it was a wheel bearing and I had five seconds to decide what to do. We dove in the pits and checked it out. But we continued on and that's part of racing. I really enjoyed being part of this team for the weekend. We seemed to always be first or second. What a great experience."
"Thanks to the team and the crew like every year at this race. They have the best preparation and work all winter to make these cars as good as they are. We wanted the Rolex watch but second is okay today in terms of the championship for Scott [Pruett] and I who will be in it all year long."
The GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Cars Series presented by Crown Royal Cask No. 16 resumes with the Grand Prix of Miami at Homestead-Miami Speedway March 6 on SPEED (5:00 PM ET, LIVE).
For more information log onto www.chipganassiracing.com
- 25.03.2015 : Post Claims 5th Straight Elite Women's U.S. National Champion Title | BMX - Rock Hill, SC
- 25.03.2015 : Christian Brothers Racing Wraps Up 2014-2015 Season At Lake Geneva Snocross | Snocross - Lake Geneva, WI
- 24.03.2015 : TLD’s Seely Makes It Back-To-Back Podium Finishes in Detroit | AMA Supercross - Detroit, MI
- 20.03.2015 : Top 5 for Vildosola Racing in the Polaris RZR Mint 400 | Mint 400 - Las Vegas, NV
- 18.03.2015 : Transworld Motocross Race Series Profile: Max Lee | Motocross - Riverside, CA
- 17.03.2015 : Lusty Industries KTM Team Riders Top 5 at Melbourne Enduro-X | Australian Enduro-X - Melbourne, Australia
- 16.03.2015 : TLD’s Seely Returns to the Podium in Indianapolis | AMA Supercross - Indianapolis, IN
- 16.03.2015 : Toby Price Finishes Second In Melbourne Enduro-X | Australian Enduro-X - Melbourne, Australia
- 16.03.2015 : Top 5 For The 5: Kasey Kahne Finishes 4th At Phoenix | NASCAR - Phoenix, AZ
- 16.03.2015 : Insight: Cole Seely After Indy SX 2015 | AMA Supercross - Indianapolis, IN