Ronnie Renner to Attempt to Break Highest Air World Record
Red Bull High Rise - Saturday, July, 25
Chicago's renowned skyscrapers will share the sky with motocross superstar Ronnie Renner on Saturday, July 25. The Windy City will watch as Renner attempts to break his own Guinness World Record for the highest air ever attained on a motorcycle at Red Bull High Rise. He will go sky-high at Butler Field prior to Chicago's annual Venetian Night, adding a new spin to an old tradition.
Renner is a respected freestyle motocross veteran whose credentials include a gold medal in Step-Up at the 2007 Summer X Games and the Step-Up world record. He set his original quarterpipe big air world record by jumping an amazing 59 feet, 2 inches in July, 2008. In 2009, he will attempt to beat this record by launching sky-high onto a massive custom-built steel landing ramp measuring 64 feet wide and 30 feet tall.
Why Chicago? Why not? "While I was thrilled with being able to set the initial world record last year, I know I can push myself to achieve a better height, and Chicago is one of the best places to be in the summer," said Renner. "Plus it added another component to my training regimen - I need to train my stomach to prepare for Chicago cuisine; especially the deep dish pizza!"
Renner has been training at the exclusive Red Bull Compound in Southern California in preparation for his big night on a modular quarterpipe built specifically for him. The Compound is a one-of-a-kind training facility that Red Bull provides its athletes to equip them with the support they need in order to achieve their wildest dreams.
WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF RED BULL
Renner's jump completes yet another amazing chapter of world-firsts, following the record-shattering performances of fellow motocross sensation Robbie Maddison and BMX star Kevin Robinson. Maddison jumped the length of a football field in front of thousands on New Year's Eve 2007, clearing 322 feet in Las Vegas. Last June, Robinson soared 27 feet above the lip of a huge quarterpipe (54 feet above the ground) in New York's Central Park to set the BMX big air world record.
Presented by the City of Chicago, the 52nd Annual Venetian Night is expected to draw more than half a million people to the lakefront. In addition to Renner's world record attempt, the evening kicks off at 7:45 p.m. with the Chicago Fire Department's Air/Sea Rescue re-enactment. Immediately following at 8:15 p.m. the boat parade begins, culminating with a spectacular fireworks display at 9:00 p.m. People of all ages begin to stake out spots along the lakefront in the early morning to ensure a good view of this popular event. Admission to the event is free.
Red Bull High Rise is free and open to the public. Renner's world record attempts will take place from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. at Butler Field. Parking is limited - it is recommended to walk, bike, or the CTA. For CTA information, visit www.transitchicago.org or call 1-888-YOUR-CTA.
For more information about the event, visit www.redbullusa.com/highrise.
- 25.03.2015 : Post Claims 5th Straight Elite Women's U.S. National Champion Title | BMX - Rock Hill, SC
- 25.03.2015 : Christian Brothers Racing Wraps Up 2014-2015 Season At Lake Geneva Snocross | Snocross - Lake Geneva, WI
- 24.03.2015 : TLD’s Seely Makes It Back-To-Back Podium Finishes in Detroit | AMA Supercross - Detroit, MI
- 20.03.2015 : Top 5 for Vildosola Racing in the Polaris RZR Mint 400 | Mint 400 - Las Vegas, NV
- 18.03.2015 : Transworld Motocross Race Series Profile: Max Lee | Motocross - Riverside, CA
- 17.03.2015 : Lusty Industries KTM Team Riders Top 5 at Melbourne Enduro-X | Australian Enduro-X - Melbourne, Australia
- 16.03.2015 : TLD’s Seely Returns to the Podium in Indianapolis | AMA Supercross - Indianapolis, IN
- 16.03.2015 : Toby Price Finishes Second In Melbourne Enduro-X | Australian Enduro-X - Melbourne, Australia
- 16.03.2015 : Top 5 For The 5: Kasey Kahne Finishes 4th At Phoenix | NASCAR - Phoenix, AZ
- 16.03.2015 : Insight: Cole Seely After Indy SX 2015 | AMA Supercross - Indianapolis, IN