Rockstar Energy Bud Racing Kawasaki GP of Trentino Race Report
MX2 - Arco di Trento, Italy
Rockstar Bud Racing Kawasaki’s Dylan Ferrandis snatched sixth place in the fourth round of the FIM MX2 Motocross World Championship at Arco di Trento in northern Italy. It was his best result so far this season, and Dylan will approach the next GPs confident as he has no more troubles with his broken finger.
The French teenager has been handicapped by a broken finger through the early rounds of the series but showed his resilience to bounce back dramatically at the stony switchback track in the northern Italian province of Trentino. Forced to retire in the qualifying race as a race incident damaged his bike, Dylan got two pretty good starts and two strong finishes were sufficient to place Dylan sixth overall on the day.
The Bud Racing staff and Valentin Teillet decided not to ride in this GP, following doctor’s instructions, as the shoulder he damaged last month needed some more rest. He will have further exams early this week, and expect to be back this week-end in Bulgaria.
The team will head up to Sevlievo (Bulgaria) for the fifth round of the series, next weekend.
Racing another round of the French Women series in La Voulte South east of France, Livia Lancelot got another strong triple win and is now back in second position in the standings, after missing the first round due to the GP race in Thailand. She will represent team France next weekend in Castelnau de Lévis (France), during the European Motocross of Nations.
Dylan Ferrandis: “On Saturday I had a great start in the qualifying race and I was fifth when the engine stopped with electrical problems, probably the consequence of a collision with Charlier. I was last on the grid, but my first start was good as I was seventh; I even moved forward to sixth but then I suffered some arm pump and had to drop back to eighth. My second start was even better but I was at the outside at the first corner and finally left turn two in fifteenth place. I had a good rhythm in this race and came back to the front places. I’m happy as I have no more problems with my broken finger and got my first good result of the season with a sixth position on the day.”
Stephane Dassé: “Dylan improved his results each weekend and that’s great, he got a sixth place here in Italy and show that he is soon back to his best level. He was unfortunate during the qualifying race but did pretty good starts, he is close to the top five which his our goal; he doesn’t take too much risks and is going faster every week. Concerning Valentin he had pain in his shoulder after Lacapelle Elite; the exams confirmed that nothing is broken but it was better to rest a few days according to the doctors to come back 100% faster.”
- 23.09.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Hosts Successful Wheels 4 Life Fundraiser | Company - Laguna Beach, CA
- 23.09.2015 : That Winning Feeling: Jessy Nelson Talks USGP Victory | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 22.09.2015 : 250 Words: Troy’s Boys On Glen Helen USGP | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 21.09.2015 : Gritty USGP Performance For Kirk Gibbs | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 21.09.2015 : Troy Lee Designs on Top of the World at Glen Helen USGP | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 18.09.2015 : Billy Laninovich - Molding Tomorrow’s Racers | Motocross - TWMX Interview
- 15.09.2015 : Daniel Sanders On Top of the World in ISDE E3 Division | Enduro - Kosice, Slovakia
- 14.09.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Launches All New Adventure Line For 2016 | Company - Corona, CA
- 11.09.2015 : Unsung Hero: Derek Schuster | Motocross - Canada
- 08.09.2015 : Count Me In - Jessy Nelson Talks MXGP Of USA | MXGP - Glen Helen, CA