Rizla Suzuki celebrates 50 years of racing at Isle of Man TT
Rizla Suzuki MotoGP
Rizla Suzuki, Loris Capirossi and Cameron Donald helped bring the 2010 Isle of Man TT races to a memorable finish this year as the Rizla Suzuki MotoGP team came to town to celebrate Suzuki's 50th anniversary of International racing.
Capirossi and the Suzuki GSV-R800 were both making their maiden visits to the Island and Capirossi arrived on Wednesday to experience the amazing Isle of Man atmosphere before riding the 37.73 mile (60.72km) course on Friday morning.
Capirossi led away the Suzuki anniversary parade on a Rizla Suzuki GSX-R1000 for his first ever lap of the TT course, ably guided by ex TT racer and TV commentator Steve Parrish. Capirossi made a steady lap of the island and delighted spectators by pulling wheelies and waving to the packed vantage points as he made his way around the famous circuit.
After the final race of the week concluded, Suzuki signed-off the 2010 racing fortnight with the first ever lap of the TT course by a modern-day four-stroke MotoGP machine. Relentless Suzuki by TAS TT racer Cameron Donald rode the GSV-R for a single lap of the course and, despite in his own words "taking it easy", Donald still managed to set the fastest top speed of the event down the Sulby straight at a fraction under 202mph (325 km/h).
Capirossi and team-mate Alvaro Bautista will next be in action on Sunday 20th June, when the Rizla Suzuki team returns to the UK for its home Grand Prix at Silverstone.
"This place is incredible! I've seen the TV footage before, but nothing prepares you for the TT course. The surface is much bumpier than I imagined and when you see the speeds that these guys run at, it is simply amazing. I said before that I think these guys are crazy - and I still think that - but when you ride the circuit you realise that it's really exciting and you know why they come here to race. I had a great time here - it's a fantastic event that you could never replicate anywhere else in the world and I am sure I will come back again!"
"Man - that was just amazing! I thought the bike would be really difficult and twitchy to ride, but it was great. I was expecting to ride a steady lap, but it was so nice to ride that I was able to get a great rhythm going and pick up a fast pace. In fact, it was so good; I reckon we need to get some regulation changes for next year as this thing with a few more laps on it would really fly. I'm serious - with just a little more running you'd smash the lap record on this bike, it's just so fast and stable. I hope the spectators enjoyed it as well! Thanks to all the guys at Rizla Suzuki for giving me this opportunity, I'm still buzzing!"
- 27.02.2015 : Sound Off: Jessy Nelson Interview | TLD Race Team - Art's Cyclery Interview
- 25.02.2015 : Logan Christian Lands Podium Finish In Chicago | Snocross - Chicago, IL
- 25.02.2015 : Toby Price Swaps Bike for Stadium Super Truck Debut | Super Trucks - Adelaide, Australia
- 25.02.2015 : Mears All Smiles After Successful Daytona Speedweeks | NASCAR - Daytona Beach, FL
- 24.02.2015 : Top-10 Finish for Kasey Kahne in 2015 Daytona 500 | NASCAR - Daytona, FL
- 24.02.2015 : California Dreamin' with Aaron Gwin | MTB - Pinkbike Interview
- 24.02.2015 : Willoughby and Post Victorious at 2015 Phoenix Winter Nationals | BMX - Phoenix, AZ
- 23.02.2015 : The Play-By-Play of Cole Seely’s Race Day in Atlanta | AMA Supercross - Atlanta, GA
- 13.02.2015 : Christian Brothers Racing Wins Soo I-500 and Podiums In New York | Snocross - Fertile, MN
- 11.02.2015 : 250 Words: New But Familiar Ground - Shane McElrath | AMA Supercross - Racer X Interview