Rizla Suzuki celebrates 50 years of racing at Isle of Man TT
Rizla Suzuki MotoGP
Rizla Suzuki, Loris Capirossi and Cameron Donald helped bring the 2010 Isle of Man TT races to a memorable finish this year as the Rizla Suzuki MotoGP team came to town to celebrate Suzuki's 50th anniversary of International racing.
Capirossi and the Suzuki GSV-R800 were both making their maiden visits to the Island and Capirossi arrived on Wednesday to experience the amazing Isle of Man atmosphere before riding the 37.73 mile (60.72km) course on Friday morning.
Capirossi led away the Suzuki anniversary parade on a Rizla Suzuki GSX-R1000 for his first ever lap of the TT course, ably guided by ex TT racer and TV commentator Steve Parrish. Capirossi made a steady lap of the island and delighted spectators by pulling wheelies and waving to the packed vantage points as he made his way around the famous circuit.
After the final race of the week concluded, Suzuki signed-off the 2010 racing fortnight with the first ever lap of the TT course by a modern-day four-stroke MotoGP machine. Relentless Suzuki by TAS TT racer Cameron Donald rode the GSV-R for a single lap of the course and, despite in his own words "taking it easy", Donald still managed to set the fastest top speed of the event down the Sulby straight at a fraction under 202mph (325 km/h).
Capirossi and team-mate Alvaro Bautista will next be in action on Sunday 20th June, when the Rizla Suzuki team returns to the UK for its home Grand Prix at Silverstone.
"This place is incredible! I've seen the TV footage before, but nothing prepares you for the TT course. The surface is much bumpier than I imagined and when you see the speeds that these guys run at, it is simply amazing. I said before that I think these guys are crazy - and I still think that - but when you ride the circuit you realise that it's really exciting and you know why they come here to race. I had a great time here - it's a fantastic event that you could never replicate anywhere else in the world and I am sure I will come back again!"
"Man - that was just amazing! I thought the bike would be really difficult and twitchy to ride, but it was great. I was expecting to ride a steady lap, but it was so nice to ride that I was able to get a great rhythm going and pick up a fast pace. In fact, it was so good; I reckon we need to get some regulation changes for next year as this thing with a few more laps on it would really fly. I'm serious - with just a little more running you'd smash the lap record on this bike, it's just so fast and stable. I hope the spectators enjoyed it as well! Thanks to all the guys at Rizla Suzuki for giving me this opportunity, I'm still buzzing!"
- 17.10.2014 : Vinny Nuzzolilli AMA Pro Hillclimb Unlimited Champion | Pro Hillclimb - Oregonia, OH
- 13.10.2014 : Greg Hancock Is 2014 Speedway World Champion | Speedway - Torun, Poland
- 06.10.2014 : Jessy Nelson 3rd at Red Bull Straight Rhythm 2014 | Race Team - Pomona, CA
- 03.10.2014 : Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Signs Darryn Durham | Race Team - Corona, CA
- 03.10.2014 : 32 Riders to Compete in Red Bull Straight Rhythm at Fairplex on October 4 | Supercross - Pomona, CA
- 03.10.2014 : Vildosola Racing Leads the SCORE International Championship | SCORE - Imperial Valley, CA
- 03.10.2014 : Darryn Durham - Back In Orange And Black | Race Team
- 01.10.2014 : Brandon Semenuk is the FMB Overall Champion | Freeride MTB - Virgin, UT
- 29.09.2014 : Willoughby and Pajon Victorious at Chula Vista BMX | BMX - Chula Vista, CA
- 12.09.2014 : Healing Hancock Fights Back | Speedway - Vojens, Denmark