Red Bull X-Fighters invade downtown Calgary, Alberta
Freestyle Motocross in Canada
Calgary is just two weeks away from the greatest show on two wheels: Red Bull X-Fighters. But last week, downtown dwellers got a scintillating preview, as 25-year-old FMX rider and Canada's own Jeff Fehr performed a series of breathtaking jumps off ramps spanning Centre Street and in the shadow of the Calgary Tower.
Click here to see video >
Fehr wowed the jaw-dropped crowd with an array 40-foot-high tricks that are as daring as they sound, including the Double Grab Hart Attack, Backflip Nac Nac, and Rock Solid. The demonstration was a preview of Red Bull X-Fighters (www.redbullxfighters.com), coming to Calgary Stampede Park on May 30, 2009.
Kicking up dirt for the first time ever on Canadian soil, Calgary will be the second stop of the Red Bull X-Fighters World Tour. Featuring inspiring jumps, world-renowned locations, and the world's best collection of freestyle motocross riders, Red Bull X-Fighters is a one-of-a-kind mix of extreme sport and unforgettable spectacle.
Mexico City was the first stop of this year's Red Bull X-Fighters World Tour, where 17-year-old Levi Sherwood of New Zealand shocked the field to win the opener. After wandering north of the 49th for the second stop of the season in Calgary (May 30), the Tour moves south to Texas for a return to Dallas/Fort Worth (June 27). The European leg of the tour kicks off with a double event in Madrid (July 16-17) and concludes in London on August 22.
Tickets to Red Bull X-Fighters Calgary are available for purchase now at www.ticketmaster.ca.
- 17.05.2013 : 'Little' Brother Goes Big | VurbMoto Interview
- 16.05.2013 : Ricky and Luke Johnson Both Victorious at Eldora Speedway | TORC - Rossburg, OH
- 16.05.2013 : Catching Up With: Blake Savage | DMX Interview
- 15.05.2013 : Matt Simmonds Takes 3rd at Round 2 of the BDS Fort William | MTB - Fort William, Scotland
- 15.05.2013 : Kahne Battles for Darlington Win and Finishes Race in 17th | NASCAR - Darlington, SC
- 15.05.2013 : Troy Lee Designs Welcomes Malcolm Stewart to the Team | AMA Motocross
- 14.05.2013 : Extreme Speed Motorsports Finishes Third and Fourth at Laguna Seca | ALMS - Monterey, CA
- 14.05.2013 : Willoughby and Post Podium for Redline Bicycles at Tar Heel Nationals | BMX - Charlotte, NC
- 13.05.2013 : Muscle Milk TWMX Race Series Profile: Tyler Rosa | TWMX Interview
- 13.05.2013 : Montoya Scores Top-10 Finish for Team Target at Darlington Raceway | NASCAR - Darlington, SC