Red Bull X-Fighters invade downtown Calgary, Alberta
Freestyle Motocross in Canada
Calgary is just two weeks away from the greatest show on two wheels: Red Bull X-Fighters. But last week, downtown dwellers got a scintillating preview, as 25-year-old FMX rider and Canada's own Jeff Fehr performed a series of breathtaking jumps off ramps spanning Centre Street and in the shadow of the Calgary Tower.
Click here to see video >
Fehr wowed the jaw-dropped crowd with an array 40-foot-high tricks that are as daring as they sound, including the Double Grab Hart Attack, Backflip Nac Nac, and Rock Solid. The demonstration was a preview of Red Bull X-Fighters (www.redbullxfighters.com), coming to Calgary Stampede Park on May 30, 2009.
Kicking up dirt for the first time ever on Canadian soil, Calgary will be the second stop of the Red Bull X-Fighters World Tour. Featuring inspiring jumps, world-renowned locations, and the world's best collection of freestyle motocross riders, Red Bull X-Fighters is a one-of-a-kind mix of extreme sport and unforgettable spectacle.
Mexico City was the first stop of this year's Red Bull X-Fighters World Tour, where 17-year-old Levi Sherwood of New Zealand shocked the field to win the opener. After wandering north of the 49th for the second stop of the season in Calgary (May 30), the Tour moves south to Texas for a return to Dallas/Fort Worth (June 27). The European leg of the tour kicks off with a double event in Madrid (July 16-17) and concludes in London on August 22.
Tickets to Red Bull X-Fighters Calgary are available for purchase now at www.ticketmaster.ca.
- 07.03.2014 : Servia to Race Select Races with Rahal Letterman Lanigan | IndyCar - Brownsburg, IN
- 06.03.2014 : Interview: Cole Seely - Replacement Killer | Supercross - TWMX Interview
- 05.03.2014 : Where Are They Now - Dave Cullinan | MTB - Interview
- 05.03.2014 : Troy Lee Designs' Malcolm Stewart to Race Daytona Supercross | Supercross - Corona, CA
- 04.03.2014 : Herfindahl and Joanis Win Pro Finals In Cross-Country and Snocross | Snocross - Warroad, MN
- 03.03.2014 : Honda Red Riders Crowd the Podium in Indianapolis | AMA Supercross - Indianapolis, IN
- 03.03.2014 : SCORE San Felipe 250 Victory Marks Historic Feat For Vildosola Racing | Off-Road - San Felipe, Mexico
- 28.02.2014 : SRAM Announces Formation of SRAM / Troy Lee Designs Mountain Bike Team | Chicago, IL
- 27.02.2014 : Interview: TLD Enduro Rider Bryan Regnier | MTB - France
- 27.02.2014 : Seely Joins Team Honda Muscle Milk in Indianapolis | Supercross - Torrance, CA