Race Report: TLD / Lucas Oil / PPG / Honda at Hangtown
AMA Motocross - Rancho Cordova, CA
It took until the fourth moto of the season but team riders Jake Moss and Chris Blose finally showed what they are capable of. In the first three motos of the season, Jake and Chris were on a crashing spree; neither rider could manage to stay on two wheels. Their speed was good and they were happy with the bikes they were on, but things just weren't coming together for them during the races.
When the gate dropped for the second 450 moto at Hangtown, however, things clicked for both of the young riders. They rounded the first turn inside the top ten and settled into sixth and seventh position, respectively. As the pack began to spread out, Moss and Blose held their positions. Chad Reed would eventually move past and drop them to seventh and eighth, positions they would hold the entire race.
Moss posted his best ever finish on the 450, a seventh, while Blose lost several spots with two laps to go and came across the line in eleventh. The moto marked a turning point for the team and the Troy Lee Designs/Lucas Oil/PPG/Honda crew will head to Texas with momentum on their side.
Sean Borkenhagen, the team's sole 250 rider, contracted a virus earlier in the week and was feeling the effects on Saturday. He wasn't his usual smiley self but he still soldiered on to respectable 14-19 moto finishes for 18th overall. Sean's fitness is one of his strengths and it will serve him well next weekend in Texas, a race known to be brutally tough.
The Troy Lee Designs/Lucas Oil/ PPG/ Honda race team would like to thank all of the amazing companies that have supported our racing efforts over the years. We would also like to welcome our new sponsors that will be an integral part of the crew in years to come. Among those are Lucas Oil, Seaspan, Avia, Skullcandy, Epic, Rossignol, Kasey Kahne Racing and Icon Aircraft. These companies have come onboard for 2009 and we are excited about working with them.
- 11.12.2013 : Colton Facciotti to Gopher Dunes Racing TLD Honda for 2014 | Supercross/Motocross - TLD Canada
- 11.12.2013 : Interview with Artist Tom Fritz | Art - Megadeluxe.com Interview
- 10.12.2013 : Christian Brothers Racing Win Two and Extend Points Lead | Snocross - Bessemer, MI
- 10.12.2013 : TLD to Back Hope Tech Enduro & DH Team for 2014 | MTB - United Kingdom
- 10.12.2013 : Stewart Goes 10-3 at Geneva SX | Supercross - Geneva, Switzerland
- 10.12.2013 : Sporting Achievement of the Year 2013 Finalist: Scott Dixon | IndyCar - New Zealand
- 10.12.2013 : Last Call - Eliot Jackson Interview | MTB - Pinkbike Interview
- 09.12.2013 : KTM Re-Signs Chris Fillmore to Superbike Team | Superbike - Murrieta, CA
- 09.12.2013 : GT BMX Team Goes Big at Grand Nationals | BMX - Tulsa, OK
- 05.12.2013 : Red Bull Straight Rhythm to Debut on NBC | Supercross - Red Bull