Race Report: Neville Bradshaw at Hawkstone Park
Hawkstone International - Shrewsbury, England
We had the Hawkstone International at Hawkstone Park in Shrewsbury last weekend. The weather was great, the sun was shining all day, and there were many improvements to the track, with a few new sections. With a lot of GP, and international riders on the entry list, I knew it was going to be a good day to judge where I am physically, check my speed, and test the bike.
Qualifying went ok, and I managed to put my quick lap in early on before the track got too rough. I ended up 11th in qualifying.
The first moto started off okay and i rounded the first lap just outside the top 10. By halfway through the moto I had worked my way up to seventh, however I tightened up a little, and lost out to martin Barr and Joel roelants in the closing laps, to end up 9th at the flag.
The second moto started off a bit better and I rounded the first lap in 10th. I managed to string a good few laps together and made some good passes, the track by this time was really rough and technical, and I was really enjoying it. By the chequers I managed to work my way up to 4th, which I was really pumped with.
1. Shaun Simpson
2. Rui Concalves
3. Xavier Boog
4. Joel Roelants
5. Neville Bradshaw
We are now working towards the first British championship at Canada heights in Kent this weekend.
Many thanks to all my sponsors: DB Honda, Evotech, Troy lee designs, Alpinestars, Rip n Roll, Renthal, Talon, Putoline, Pirelli, Fro systems, Pro clean, Evoke concepts, LR Design, JH, Pulse racing, Samco, Akrapovic, Asterisk, cymru shoes. MTMX, UFO
- 28.08.2014 : Unsung Hero: Fredrik Noren on the 2014 MX Season | AMA Motocross - RacerX Interview
- 27.08.2014 : Micky Dymond to Race 2nd Annual AMA Sturgis Supermoto Race | Supermoto - Sturgis, SD
- 27.08.2014 : Colton Facciotti Discusses Utah And Latvia | Motocross - Canada
- 26.08.2014 : Ken Block Takes 2nd at GRC Daytona and Moves Into 2nd In the Championship | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 26.08.2014 : Chaz Mostert 'Rains' Supreme At Sydney Motorsport Park 400 | V8 Supercars - Sydney, Australia
- 26.08.2014 : Cole Seely Signs With American Honda | Supercross and Motocross - Torrance, CA
- 26.08.2014 : Dany Torres Takes 2nd In Red Bull X-Fighters Pretoria | FMX - Pretoria, South Africa
- 25.08.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Closes Outdoor Season in Utah | AMA Motocross - Tooele, UT
- 25.08.2014 : New Factory Honda Rider Cole Seely Signs Multi-Year Deal With TLD | AMA Motocross - Corona, CA
- 25.08.2014 : Dixon Claims Second Win of the Season at Sonoma | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA