Race Report: Neville Bradshaw at British Grand Prix
British GP - Mallory Park
The day started off with free practice, and I was able to post the 19th quickest time which I was happy with. Next up was pre qualifying practise, they had had watered the track a lot so the lap times only came at the end of the session. I was 25th in that session. In the heat race I had just moved into the top 20, and came together with another rider, and went down. I remounted in 30th, and managed to move up to 23rd by the flag. I was doing real good lap times in the last 10min so I was happy with the ride.
Sunday and I was all set for a good days racing in the warm British sunshine. In the first moto I was 24th after the first lap, and was moving forward, by half race distance I had moved into 17th which I held until the last lap, where I made a mistake and dropped 2 positions. I finished 19th and scored 2 points. I was a bit disappointed losing out on the last lap, but optimistic about the 2nd moto.
The second moto didn't start off too well; on the first lap I tried to go around a few riders, and was caught up in a mud pit on the heavily watered track. I got going again in 34th. I put my head down and started putting some good laps together. I caught up to 21st by the end; however on the last lap after posting my fastest lap of the race I had to retire a lap early with a mechanical problem, however was still credited with 21st.
It was an enjoyable weekend, I feel I was running good times through the races, and it was good training for the next British championship in a fort weeks time.
Thanks to all my sponsors and supporters. My next race is next weekend, round 2 of the Red Bull Nationals at Whitby.
- 01.09.2015 : Kirk Gibbs Takes MX Nationals Championship | Motocross - Coolum, Australia
- 01.09.2015 : Dixon Comes From Behind To Win 2015 IndyCar Championship | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 28.08.2015 : Oriol Servia to Drive Justin Wilson's No. 25 Car in IndyCar Finale | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 27.08.2015 : Alise Post 1st, Sam Willoughby 3rd at Sweden BMX | BMX - Angelholm, Sweden
- 26.08.2015 : Juan Montoya: Job To Do But With Sadness in Heart | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 24.08.2015 : TLD’s Jessy Nelson Closes 2015 Championship With a Podium in Indiana | AMA Pro Motocross - Crawfordsville, IN
- 24.08.2015 : TLD's Aaron Gwin Clinches 2015 DH MTB World Cup Championship Title | MTB - Val di Sole, Italy
- 21.08.2015 : Semenuk Revels In The Glory Of 3rd Consecutive Red Bull Joyride Win | Freeride MTB - Whistler, Canada
- 20.08.2015 : Gibbs On Verge of Clinching National MX1 Crown | MX Nationals - Australia
- 19.08.2015 : Mountain Biker Brandon Semenuk’s unReal Video: Long Shot Pays Off | Freeride MTB