Race Report: Neville Bradshaw at British Grand Prix
British GP - Mallory Park
The day started off with free practice, and I was able to post the 19th quickest time which I was happy with. Next up was pre qualifying practise, they had had watered the track a lot so the lap times only came at the end of the session. I was 25th in that session. In the heat race I had just moved into the top 20, and came together with another rider, and went down. I remounted in 30th, and managed to move up to 23rd by the flag. I was doing real good lap times in the last 10min so I was happy with the ride.
Sunday and I was all set for a good days racing in the warm British sunshine. In the first moto I was 24th after the first lap, and was moving forward, by half race distance I had moved into 17th which I held until the last lap, where I made a mistake and dropped 2 positions. I finished 19th and scored 2 points. I was a bit disappointed losing out on the last lap, but optimistic about the 2nd moto.
The second moto didn't start off too well; on the first lap I tried to go around a few riders, and was caught up in a mud pit on the heavily watered track. I got going again in 34th. I put my head down and started putting some good laps together. I caught up to 21st by the end; however on the last lap after posting my fastest lap of the race I had to retire a lap early with a mechanical problem, however was still credited with 21st.
It was an enjoyable weekend, I feel I was running good times through the races, and it was good training for the next British championship in a fort weeks time.
Thanks to all my sponsors and supporters. My next race is next weekend, round 2 of the Red Bull Nationals at Whitby.
- 17.05.2013 : 'Little' Brother Goes Big | VurbMoto Interview
- 16.05.2013 : Ricky and Luke Johnson Both Victorious at Eldora Speedway | TORC - Rossburg, OH
- 16.05.2013 : Catching Up With: Blake Savage | DMX Interview
- 15.05.2013 : Matt Simmonds Takes 3rd at Round 2 of the BDS Fort William | MTB - Fort William, Scotland
- 15.05.2013 : Kahne Battles for Darlington Win and Finishes Race in 17th | NASCAR - Darlington, SC
- 15.05.2013 : Troy Lee Designs Welcomes Malcolm Stewart to the Team | AMA Motocross
- 14.05.2013 : Extreme Speed Motorsports Finishes Third and Fourth at Laguna Seca | ALMS - Monterey, CA
- 14.05.2013 : Willoughby and Post Podium for Redline Bicycles at Tar Heel Nationals | BMX - Charlotte, NC
- 13.05.2013 : Muscle Milk TWMX Race Series Profile: Tyler Rosa | TWMX Interview
- 13.05.2013 : Montoya Scores Top-10 Finish for Team Target at Darlington Raceway | NASCAR - Darlington, SC