Race Report: Neville Bradshaw at British Grand Prix
British GP - Mallory Park
The day started off with free practice, and I was able to post the 19th quickest time which I was happy with. Next up was pre qualifying practise, they had had watered the track a lot so the lap times only came at the end of the session. I was 25th in that session. In the heat race I had just moved into the top 20, and came together with another rider, and went down. I remounted in 30th, and managed to move up to 23rd by the flag. I was doing real good lap times in the last 10min so I was happy with the ride.
Sunday and I was all set for a good days racing in the warm British sunshine. In the first moto I was 24th after the first lap, and was moving forward, by half race distance I had moved into 17th which I held until the last lap, where I made a mistake and dropped 2 positions. I finished 19th and scored 2 points. I was a bit disappointed losing out on the last lap, but optimistic about the 2nd moto.
The second moto didn't start off too well; on the first lap I tried to go around a few riders, and was caught up in a mud pit on the heavily watered track. I got going again in 34th. I put my head down and started putting some good laps together. I caught up to 21st by the end; however on the last lap after posting my fastest lap of the race I had to retire a lap early with a mechanical problem, however was still credited with 21st.
It was an enjoyable weekend, I feel I was running good times through the races, and it was good training for the next British championship in a fort weeks time.
Thanks to all my sponsors and supporters. My next race is next weekend, round 2 of the Red Bull Nationals at Whitby.
- 28.08.2014 : Unsung Hero: Fredrik Noren on the 2014 MX Season | AMA Motocross - RacerX Interview
- 27.08.2014 : Micky Dymond to Race 2nd Annual AMA Sturgis Supermoto Race | Supermoto - Sturgis, SD
- 27.08.2014 : Colton Facciotti Discusses Utah And Latvia | Motocross - Canada
- 26.08.2014 : Ken Block Takes 2nd at GRC Daytona and Moves Into 2nd In the Championship | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 26.08.2014 : Chaz Mostert 'Rains' Supreme At Sydney Motorsport Park 400 | V8 Supercars - Sydney, Australia
- 26.08.2014 : Cole Seely Signs With American Honda | Supercross and Motocross - Torrance, CA
- 26.08.2014 : Dany Torres Takes 2nd In Red Bull X-Fighters Pretoria | FMX - Pretoria, South Africa
- 25.08.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Closes Outdoor Season in Utah | AMA Motocross - Tooele, UT
- 25.08.2014 : New Factory Honda Rider Cole Seely Signs Multi-Year Deal With TLD | AMA Motocross - Corona, CA
- 25.08.2014 : Dixon Claims Second Win of the Season at Sonoma | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA