Race Report: Neville Bradshaw at British Grand Prix
British GP - Mallory Park
The day started off with free practice, and I was able to post the 19th quickest time which I was happy with. Next up was pre qualifying practise, they had had watered the track a lot so the lap times only came at the end of the session. I was 25th in that session. In the heat race I had just moved into the top 20, and came together with another rider, and went down. I remounted in 30th, and managed to move up to 23rd by the flag. I was doing real good lap times in the last 10min so I was happy with the ride.
Sunday and I was all set for a good days racing in the warm British sunshine. In the first moto I was 24th after the first lap, and was moving forward, by half race distance I had moved into 17th which I held until the last lap, where I made a mistake and dropped 2 positions. I finished 19th and scored 2 points. I was a bit disappointed losing out on the last lap, but optimistic about the 2nd moto.
The second moto didn't start off too well; on the first lap I tried to go around a few riders, and was caught up in a mud pit on the heavily watered track. I got going again in 34th. I put my head down and started putting some good laps together. I caught up to 21st by the end; however on the last lap after posting my fastest lap of the race I had to retire a lap early with a mechanical problem, however was still credited with 21st.
It was an enjoyable weekend, I feel I was running good times through the races, and it was good training for the next British championship in a fort weeks time.
Thanks to all my sponsors and supporters. My next race is next weekend, round 2 of the Red Bull Nationals at Whitby.
- 25.07.2014 : Simply Perfect Pole Position for ESM on National Patrón Tequila Day | TUSC - Indianapolis, IN
- 25.07.2014 : Hancock's Stormer In Sweden | Speedway GP - Motala, Sweden
- 24.07.2014 : Johnny and CJ Greaves Pull Pro-2 / Pro-4 Sweep at Bark River | TORC - Bark River, MI
- 24.07.2014 : Ryan Maramont Confirms Break From Racing | MX Nationals - Australia
- 23.07.2014 : Kanaan Leads Team Target with Two Podiums in Toronto | IndyCar - Toronto, Canada
- 23.07.2014 : Sage Karam Added to Brickyard GP Lineup | GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series - Indianapolis, IN
- 22.07.2014 : Women's Mountain Biking in Mammoth with Leigh Donovan | MTB - Mammoth Lakes, CA
- 22.07.2014 : Fredrik Noren at Spring Creek MX 2014 | AMA Motocross - Millville, MN
- 22.07.2014 : Toby Price On Top at Kyogle | Off-Road - Kyogle, Australia
- 22.07.2014 : Colton Facciotti at the Top of the Box at Sand Del Lee | Motocross - Richmond, ON, Canada