Race Report: Greg Hancock Speedway Grand Prix
Rounds 1-2: Prague, Poland
The following race report comes from Greg Hancock, international speedway racer, following rounds 1 and 2 of the FIM World Grand Prix.
All is great for me and the racing is going very smooth. The first 2 GP events have been very exciting. Awesome racing for sure!
Prague was the first event at the end of April and I started with an engine failure so it was catch up from then on. I scored 10 out of 12 points in the remaining heats and qualified easily into the semis. A tough start from the gate 3 and got trapped in the first corner leaving me in 4th place, missing the final.
Round 2 was in Poland just over a week ago and it was a much better start. I top scored in the heats and won my semi. I made horrible start in the final and rode hard to no success and took 4th place overall on the night.
I am now sitting in 3rd place in the standings but feeling great for the next round in Gothenburg on May 30th. We hope to have a huge Team Hancock presence there and celebrate with a win for sure.
The league racing has started out great too. I am sitting at the top of the riders averages in Poland and almost top of the Swedish averages too. Feeling like a champ!
Check out my website for all results, latest photos and news: www.greghancock.com
That's all for now. Thanks for all your help and support so far!
- 05.12.2013 : Red Bull Straight Rhythm to Debut on NBC | Supercross - Red Bull
- 05.12.2013 : Beyond the Bike: Micayla Gatto | Dirt Magazine Interview
- 05.12.2013 : Aim High Season Two Premieres Exclusively on Crackle | TV Guide Exclusive
- 04.12.2013 : #NotBad - Interview with Semenuk and Wittenburg | More Dirt Interview
- 02.12.2013 : Willoughby Wins Back-To-Back USA BMX Titles | BMX - Tulsa, OK
- 02.12.2013 : Christian Brothers Racing Scores 2 Wins at Snocross Opener | Snocross - Duluth, MN
- 02.12.2013 : Rider Check: Ronnie Stewart | Vital MX Interview
- 28.11.2013 : "Patrick Dempsey: Racing Le Mans" Marathon Thanksgiving Day on Velocity | Auto Racing - Velocity Network
- 27.11.2013 : Privateer Profile: Robert Lind | Racer X Interview
- 27.11.2013 : Blais Racing Services Fasst CO Race Report | NHHA Off-Road - Johnson Valley, CA