Race Report: Greg Hancock Speedway Grand Prix
Rounds 1-2: Prague, Poland
The following race report comes from Greg Hancock, international speedway racer, following rounds 1 and 2 of the FIM World Grand Prix.
All is great for me and the racing is going very smooth. The first 2 GP events have been very exciting. Awesome racing for sure!
Prague was the first event at the end of April and I started with an engine failure so it was catch up from then on. I scored 10 out of 12 points in the remaining heats and qualified easily into the semis. A tough start from the gate 3 and got trapped in the first corner leaving me in 4th place, missing the final.
Round 2 was in Poland just over a week ago and it was a much better start. I top scored in the heats and won my semi. I made horrible start in the final and rode hard to no success and took 4th place overall on the night.
I am now sitting in 3rd place in the standings but feeling great for the next round in Gothenburg on May 30th. We hope to have a huge Team Hancock presence there and celebrate with a win for sure.
The league racing has started out great too. I am sitting at the top of the riders averages in Poland and almost top of the Swedish averages too. Feeling like a champ!
Check out my website for all results, latest photos and news: www.greghancock.com
That's all for now. Thanks for all your help and support so far!
- 16.04.2015 : Chip Ganassi Racing Report: Indy Grand Prix of Louisiana | IndyCar - Avondale, LA
- 15.04.2015 : Team Penske's Castroneves Podiums in Louisiana | IndyCar - Avondale, LA
- 14.04.2015 : Lusty Industries / KTM’s Gibbs Shows His Mettle To Extend Nationals Lead | Motocross - Sydney, Australia
- 14.04.2015 : Kasey Kahne Finishes 8th At Texas | NASCAR - Fort Worth, TX
- 13.04.2015 : Aaron Gwin Takes 1st Place at 2015 DH World Cup Season Opener | DH MTB - Lourdes, France
- 13.04.2015 : Shane McElrath Makes Podium Return in Houston | AMA Supercross - Houston, TX
- 13.04.2015 : 2015 SRAM | Troy Lee Designs Race Team - Meet the Squad | Bicycle - SRAM TLD Race Team
- 13.04.2015 : TLD’s Cole Seely Wins First-Ever 450SX Main Event | AMA Supercross - Houston, TX
- 10.04.2015 : Jessy Nelson To Sit Out Remainder of 2015 Supercross Series | AMA Supercross - Corona, CA
- 06.04.2015 : Greg Hancock Still Hungry for Success | Speedway - Sweden