Race Report: Greg Hancock Speedway Grand Prix
Rounds 1-2: Prague, Poland
The following race report comes from Greg Hancock, international speedway racer, following rounds 1 and 2 of the FIM World Grand Prix.
All is great for me and the racing is going very smooth. The first 2 GP events have been very exciting. Awesome racing for sure!
Prague was the first event at the end of April and I started with an engine failure so it was catch up from then on. I scored 10 out of 12 points in the remaining heats and qualified easily into the semis. A tough start from the gate 3 and got trapped in the first corner leaving me in 4th place, missing the final.
Round 2 was in Poland just over a week ago and it was a much better start. I top scored in the heats and won my semi. I made horrible start in the final and rode hard to no success and took 4th place overall on the night.
I am now sitting in 3rd place in the standings but feeling great for the next round in Gothenburg on May 30th. We hope to have a huge Team Hancock presence there and celebrate with a win for sure.
The league racing has started out great too. I am sitting at the top of the riders averages in Poland and almost top of the Swedish averages too. Feeling like a champ!
Check out my website for all results, latest photos and news: www.greghancock.com
That's all for now. Thanks for all your help and support so far!
- 22.05.2015 : Fredrik Noren to Fill In for Injured Trey Canard | AMA Pro Motocross - Torrance, CA
- 21.05.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Announces New Distributor in Mexico | Playas De Tijuana, Mexico
- 21.05.2015 : Catching Up With Westen Wrozyna | Interview - Canada
- 19.05.2015 : Scott Dixon Earns Pole Position for 99th Indianapolis 500 | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 19.05.2015 : TLD’s Seely Walks Out of Hangtown with Eyes on Glen Helen | AMA Pro Motocross - Sacramento, CA
- 18.05.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Riders Tackle Round 1 at Hangtown | AMA Pro Motocross - Sacramento, CA
- 13.05.2015 : Mitchell Oldenburg Gets a Shot With Troy Lee Designs | AMA Motocross - Corona, CA
- 12.05.2015 : Willoughby Steals UCI BMX Supercross World Cup Series Lead | BMX - Papendal, Netherlands
- 12.05.2015 : Patrick Butler Joins Lusty Industries Australian Downhill Team | Downhill MTB - NSW, Australia
- 08.05.2015 : Interview with SRAM | TLD Racing's Russell Finsterwald | Cross-Country MTB