Race Report: Greg Hancock Speedway Grand Prix
Rounds 1-2: Prague, Poland
The following race report comes from Greg Hancock, international speedway racer, following rounds 1 and 2 of the FIM World Grand Prix.
All is great for me and the racing is going very smooth. The first 2 GP events have been very exciting. Awesome racing for sure!
Prague was the first event at the end of April and I started with an engine failure so it was catch up from then on. I scored 10 out of 12 points in the remaining heats and qualified easily into the semis. A tough start from the gate 3 and got trapped in the first corner leaving me in 4th place, missing the final.
Round 2 was in Poland just over a week ago and it was a much better start. I top scored in the heats and won my semi. I made horrible start in the final and rode hard to no success and took 4th place overall on the night.
I am now sitting in 3rd place in the standings but feeling great for the next round in Gothenburg on May 30th. We hope to have a huge Team Hancock presence there and celebrate with a win for sure.
The league racing has started out great too. I am sitting at the top of the riders averages in Poland and almost top of the Swedish averages too. Feeling like a champ!
Check out my website for all results, latest photos and news: www.greghancock.com
That's all for now. Thanks for all your help and support so far!
- 28.08.2014 : Unsung Hero: Fredrik Noren on the 2014 MX Season | AMA Motocross - RacerX Interview
- 27.08.2014 : Micky Dymond to Race 2nd Annual AMA Sturgis Supermoto Race | Supermoto - Sturgis, SD
- 27.08.2014 : Colton Facciotti Discusses Utah And Latvia | Motocross - Canada
- 26.08.2014 : Ken Block Takes 2nd at GRC Daytona and Moves Into 2nd In the Championship | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 26.08.2014 : Chaz Mostert 'Rains' Supreme At Sydney Motorsport Park 400 | V8 Supercars - Sydney, Australia
- 26.08.2014 : Cole Seely Signs With American Honda | Supercross and Motocross - Torrance, CA
- 26.08.2014 : Dany Torres Takes 2nd In Red Bull X-Fighters Pretoria | FMX - Pretoria, South Africa
- 25.08.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Closes Outdoor Season in Utah | AMA Motocross - Tooele, UT
- 25.08.2014 : New Factory Honda Rider Cole Seely Signs Multi-Year Deal With TLD | AMA Motocross - Corona, CA
- 25.08.2014 : Dixon Claims Second Win of the Season at Sonoma | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA