Race Report: Greg Hancock Speedway Grand Prix
Rounds 1-2: Prague, Poland
The following race report comes from Greg Hancock, international speedway racer, following rounds 1 and 2 of the FIM World Grand Prix.
All is great for me and the racing is going very smooth. The first 2 GP events have been very exciting. Awesome racing for sure!
Prague was the first event at the end of April and I started with an engine failure so it was catch up from then on. I scored 10 out of 12 points in the remaining heats and qualified easily into the semis. A tough start from the gate 3 and got trapped in the first corner leaving me in 4th place, missing the final.
Round 2 was in Poland just over a week ago and it was a much better start. I top scored in the heats and won my semi. I made horrible start in the final and rode hard to no success and took 4th place overall on the night.
I am now sitting in 3rd place in the standings but feeling great for the next round in Gothenburg on May 30th. We hope to have a huge Team Hancock presence there and celebrate with a win for sure.
The league racing has started out great too. I am sitting at the top of the riders averages in Poland and almost top of the Swedish averages too. Feeling like a champ!
Check out my website for all results, latest photos and news: www.greghancock.com
That's all for now. Thanks for all your help and support so far!
- 18.12.2014 : Tis The Season With Colton Facciotti | Rider Support - Canada
- 17.12.2014 : TLD Canada Amateur Profile: Hayden Wolff | Rider Support - Prince George, BC, Canda
- 10.12.2014 : Privateer Profile: Ross Johnson | International - Canada
- 09.12.2014 : Scott Dixon Returns To TCGR for 2015 IndyCar Series | IndyCar Series
- 19.11.2014 : Interview: Troy Lee | Company
- 11.11.2014 : Redmond and Graffunder Take on Ukupacha in Ecuador | Enduro - Ukupacha, Ecuador
- 10.11.2014 : USA Got Hold of Junior Trophy Victory in Argentina | Off-Road - San Juan, Argentina
- 06.11.2014 : Mitchell DeJong Clinches 2014 GRC Lites Championship | Global Rallycross Lites - Las Vegas, NV
- 05.11.2014 : Behind The Scenes with Kiwi Indycar Champ Scott Dixon | IndyCar - New Zealand
- 04.11.2014 : Lusty Industries Opens In New Zealand | Newcastle, NSW Australia