Race Report: Elite Amateur Rider Blake Savage
Monster Energy Cup - Las Vegas, NV
This weekend I raced in Las Vegas at the Monster Energy Cup. It was awesome getting the opportunity to do this race and I was really looking forward to it.
Qualifying went pretty well for me. I got the track down and had a decent gate pick for the first moto. In moto 1, I came from outside of the top 10 and made my way into 6th. I was feeling really good until I went down on lap 3.
In the second moto I did not have a good gate pick and it was almost impossible to get a good start. I got a good jump, but got caught up with some down riders in the first corner and went off the track. I rode really good and came from 20th to 12th. The track was super hard to pass on and to make your way through the pack in a 4 lap race. Starts were definitely key for this race.
I had a good time and rode well all night. I didn’t get the results I would have liked to, but it was a good learning experience and good time on the track to do some Supercross style racing.
Next for me will be a race in Arizona next week at the Western Pro-Am.
Thank you for all of your help,
Blake Savage #762
- 02.03.2015 : Seely’s Stats - 10 Fast Facts from Atlanta 2 Supercross | AMA Supercross - Atlanta, GA
- 27.02.2015 : Sound Off: Jessy Nelson Interview | TLD Race Team - Art's Cyclery Interview
- 25.02.2015 : Logan Christian Lands Podium Finish In Chicago | Snocross - Chicago, IL
- 25.02.2015 : Toby Price Swaps Bike for Stadium Super Truck Debut | Super Trucks - Adelaide, Australia
- 25.02.2015 : Mears All Smiles After Successful Daytona Speedweeks | NASCAR - Daytona Beach, FL
- 24.02.2015 : Top-10 Finish for Kasey Kahne in 2015 Daytona 500 | NASCAR - Daytona, FL
- 24.02.2015 : California Dreamin' with Aaron Gwin | MTB - Pinkbike Interview
- 24.02.2015 : Willoughby and Post Victorious at 2015 Phoenix Winter Nationals | BMX - Phoenix, AZ
- 23.02.2015 : The Play-By-Play of Cole Seely’s Race Day in Atlanta | AMA Supercross - Atlanta, GA
- 13.02.2015 : Christian Brothers Racing Wins Soo I-500 and Podiums In New York | Snocross - Fertile, MN