Race Report: Elite Amateur Rider Blake Savage
Monster Energy Cup - Las Vegas, NV
This weekend I raced in Las Vegas at the Monster Energy Cup. It was awesome getting the opportunity to do this race and I was really looking forward to it.
Qualifying went pretty well for me. I got the track down and had a decent gate pick for the first moto. In moto 1, I came from outside of the top 10 and made my way into 6th. I was feeling really good until I went down on lap 3.
In the second moto I did not have a good gate pick and it was almost impossible to get a good start. I got a good jump, but got caught up with some down riders in the first corner and went off the track. I rode really good and came from 20th to 12th. The track was super hard to pass on and to make your way through the pack in a 4 lap race. Starts were definitely key for this race.
I had a good time and rode well all night. I didn’t get the results I would have liked to, but it was a good learning experience and good time on the track to do some Supercross style racing.
Next for me will be a race in Arizona next week at the Western Pro-Am.
Thank you for all of your help,
Blake Savage #762
- 28.08.2014 : Unsung Hero: Fredrik Noren on the 2014 MX Season | AMA Motocross - RacerX Interview
- 27.08.2014 : Micky Dymond to Race 2nd Annual AMA Sturgis Supermoto Race | Supermoto - Sturgis, SD
- 27.08.2014 : Colton Facciotti Discusses Utah And Latvia | Motocross - Canada
- 26.08.2014 : Ken Block Takes 2nd at GRC Daytona and Moves Into 2nd In the Championship | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 26.08.2014 : Chaz Mostert 'Rains' Supreme At Sydney Motorsport Park 400 | V8 Supercars - Sydney, Australia
- 26.08.2014 : Cole Seely Signs With American Honda | Supercross and Motocross - Torrance, CA
- 26.08.2014 : Dany Torres Takes 2nd In Red Bull X-Fighters Pretoria | FMX - Pretoria, South Africa
- 25.08.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Closes Outdoor Season in Utah | AMA Motocross - Tooele, UT
- 25.08.2014 : New Factory Honda Rider Cole Seely Signs Multi-Year Deal With TLD | AMA Motocross - Corona, CA
- 25.08.2014 : Dixon Claims Second Win of the Season at Sonoma | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA