Race Report: Elite Amateur Rider Blake Savage
Monster Energy Cup - Las Vegas, NV
This weekend I raced in Las Vegas at the Monster Energy Cup. It was awesome getting the opportunity to do this race and I was really looking forward to it.
Qualifying went pretty well for me. I got the track down and had a decent gate pick for the first moto. In moto 1, I came from outside of the top 10 and made my way into 6th. I was feeling really good until I went down on lap 3.
In the second moto I did not have a good gate pick and it was almost impossible to get a good start. I got a good jump, but got caught up with some down riders in the first corner and went off the track. I rode really good and came from 20th to 12th. The track was super hard to pass on and to make your way through the pack in a 4 lap race. Starts were definitely key for this race.
I had a good time and rode well all night. I didn’t get the results I would have liked to, but it was a good learning experience and good time on the track to do some Supercross style racing.
Next for me will be a race in Arizona next week at the Western Pro-Am.
Thank you for all of your help,
Blake Savage #762
- 09.02.2016 : TLD Re-signs Brandon Semenuk | Corona, CA
- 06.02.2016 : Phoenix Race Report | Phoenix, AZ
- 30.01.2016 : Oakland SX Race Report | Oakland, CA
- 23.01.2016 : Race Report Anaheim 2 | Anaheim, CA
- 16.01.2016 : Race Report San Diego 1 | San Diego, CA
- 15.01.2016 : Update On Jessy Nelson's Practice Crash | Corona, CA
- 09.01.2016 : TLDs Jessy Nelson Starts Off in Championship Hunt | Anaheim, CA
- 09.01.2016 : TLDs Cole Seely Races to Podium Finish at Season Opener | Anaheim, CA
- 01.01.2016 : TLD And FMF Factory KTM Offroad Partner | Corona, CA
- 08.12.2015 : KTM FACTORY MEDIA INTRO | Corona, CA