Race Report: Elite Amateur Rider Blake Savage
Monster Energy Cup - Las Vegas, NV
This weekend I raced in Las Vegas at the Monster Energy Cup. It was awesome getting the opportunity to do this race and I was really looking forward to it.
Qualifying went pretty well for me. I got the track down and had a decent gate pick for the first moto. In moto 1, I came from outside of the top 10 and made my way into 6th. I was feeling really good until I went down on lap 3.
In the second moto I did not have a good gate pick and it was almost impossible to get a good start. I got a good jump, but got caught up with some down riders in the first corner and went off the track. I rode really good and came from 20th to 12th. The track was super hard to pass on and to make your way through the pack in a 4 lap race. Starts were definitely key for this race.
I had a good time and rode well all night. I didn’t get the results I would have liked to, but it was a good learning experience and good time on the track to do some Supercross style racing.
Next for me will be a race in Arizona next week at the Western Pro-Am.
Thank you for all of your help,
Blake Savage #762
- 26.05.2015 : Austin Dillon Dominates Nascar Xfinity Race At Charlotte | NASCAR - Charlotte, NC
- 26.05.2015 : Juan Pablo Montoya Outduels Power To Indianapolis 500 Victory | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 26.05.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM’s Nelson Makes First Podium Appearance at Glen Helen | AMA Pro Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 25.05.2015 : Seely’s Hard Charging Earned the TLD Rider First Top-10 Finish in the 450 Class | AMA Pro Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 22.05.2015 : Fredrik Noren to Fill In for Injured Trey Canard | AMA Pro Motocross - Torrance, CA
- 21.05.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Announces New Distributor in Mexico | Playas De Tijuana, Mexico
- 21.05.2015 : Catching Up With Westen Wrozyna | Interview - Canada
- 19.05.2015 : Scott Dixon Earns Pole Position for 99th Indianapolis 500 | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 19.05.2015 : TLD’s Seely Walks Out of Hangtown with Eyes on Glen Helen | AMA Pro Motocross - Sacramento, CA
- 18.05.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Riders Tackle Round 1 at Hangtown | AMA Pro Motocross - Sacramento, CA