Race Report: Elite Amateur Rider Blake Savage
Monster Energy Cup - Las Vegas, NV
This weekend I raced in Las Vegas at the Monster Energy Cup. It was awesome getting the opportunity to do this race and I was really looking forward to it.
Qualifying went pretty well for me. I got the track down and had a decent gate pick for the first moto. In moto 1, I came from outside of the top 10 and made my way into 6th. I was feeling really good until I went down on lap 3.
In the second moto I did not have a good gate pick and it was almost impossible to get a good start. I got a good jump, but got caught up with some down riders in the first corner and went off the track. I rode really good and came from 20th to 12th. The track was super hard to pass on and to make your way through the pack in a 4 lap race. Starts were definitely key for this race.
I had a good time and rode well all night. I didn’t get the results I would have liked to, but it was a good learning experience and good time on the track to do some Supercross style racing.
Next for me will be a race in Arizona next week at the Western Pro-Am.
Thank you for all of your help,
Blake Savage #762
- 12.09.2014 : Healing Hancock Fights Back | Speedway - Vojens, Denmark
- 11.09.2014 : Juan Pablo Montoya Excited About 2015 IndyCar Potential | IndyCar
- 11.09.2014 : Catching Up With Nathan Bles 2014 | Motocross - Canada
- 10.09.2014 : Between The Motos: Tyler Keefe | Motocross/Supercross - Racer X Interview
- 09.09.2014 : Race Recap: Toby Price's 2014 Season | Off-Road - Australia
- 09.09.2014 : Women on Bikes Series - Leigh Donovan | MTB - Life on Two Wheels Interview
- 09.09.2014 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Signs Amateur Standout Sean Cantrell | Corona, CA
- 08.09.2014 : Interview: Luca Cometti | MTB MAG Interview
- 08.09.2014 : Red Bull District Ride: Victory of Brandon Semenuk | Freeride MTB - Nuremberg, Germany
- 05.09.2014 : Competition Eliminator: Johnny Greaves Delivers Big In 2014 | TORC - Crandon, WI