Race Report: Bud Racing at Germany Grand Prix
FIM Motocross - Teutschenthal, Germany
After a short break in the series, the World Championship was back to action this weekend in Germany, and Gautier Paulin scored a fourth position in Teutschenthal, round nine of the series while David Vuillemin added another top ten result to his boarding score.
The entire team had a busy period between France and Germany, all of them joining forces in Hossegor to prepare the second part of the championship. It was important for Gautier who is one of the main MX2 titles contenders, as well as for David who posted several top ten results, to work on their bikes and starting tactics as Germany was the first of three GP's in a row.
Gautier had a tough qualifying race, as he didn't post a strong lap time in the pre qualifying section and got a bad position on the grid; seventeen at the gate and eighth at the end of the race, he did his best to keep his chances for Sunday races. Gautier started the first moto in the top ten, but unfortunately crashed early on and lost time; he regained some positions, crashed again and finally posted his fastest laps during the last five minutes to score fourth place. He got a better start in heat two, than passed Goncalves and Schiffer to secure third position at distance behind Musquin and Roczen who pulled away.
Thirteenth in the MX1 qualifying heat, David Vuillemin was the most consistent Kawasaki rider in the opening moto, as he enacted an error-free ride to come back to eighth position after a great battle with fellow countryman Mickael Pichon. Stuck in a pile-up in the third corner of the race David did a strong comeback, and finished the race in fourteenth position; tenth of the GP, he is currently tenth in the standings.
Gautier Paulin: "In both races my starts weren't as good as my rivals in the championship, that's a pity as this weekend I was sure I was able to beat them. We worked on the bike after France and we improved the suspension as well as the engine, we reach made another step and I'm sure that it will help us for the second part of the series. I crashed twice during the first heat and that cost me the fourth place, I finished only one thousand of a second behind Guarneri! I made another mistake early in the second moto, but I pushed to secure third place and I'm happy as I rode more aggressively on the bike. Physically I was fine and I proved it by making my best lap-times in the last circulations, now I need to continue working on my starts."
David Vuillemin: "On Saturday I'd some trouble to get used to the track, today was better but once more I need better starts to score better results. I was in the top twelve for the first one, and had a great battle with Mickael Pichon who increased his rhythm when I joined him; we had some great racing together! The next start wasn't as good, and I was stuck in the third corner with this pile-up; I came back to fourteenth, to collect tenth position of the Grand Prix and in the standings."
Fred Lavergne: "Gautier just missed the podium this weekend but he made two strong races. We had some trouble during the pre-qualifying session and Gautier only started from the seventeenth gate although he could qualify in eighth. He got some decent starts for the races. For sure it's disappointing to miss the podium but we're happy with his riding and we'll stay optimistic for the rest of the series. For David it was tougher, on Saturday he collided with Swanepoel and damaged his foot. He battled to score an eighth place during the first heat, then he was unlucky to be stopped by the third corner pile-up."
- 28.08.2015 : Oriol Servia to Drive Justin Wilson's No. 25 Car in IndyCar Finale | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 27.08.2015 : Alise Post 1st, Sam Willoughby 3rd at Sweden BMX | BMX - Angelholm, Sweden
- 26.08.2015 : Juan Montoya: Job To Do But With Sadness in Heart | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 24.08.2015 : TLD’s Jessy Nelson Closes 2015 Championship With a Podium in Indiana | AMA Pro Motocross - Crawfordsville, IN
- 24.08.2015 : TLD's Aaron Gwin Clinches 2015 DH MTB World Cup Championship Title | MTB - Val di Sole, Italy
- 21.08.2015 : Semenuk Revels In The Glory Of 3rd Consecutive Red Bull Joyride Win | Freeride MTB - Whistler, Canada
- 20.08.2015 : Gibbs On Verge of Clinching National MX1 Crown | MX Nationals - Australia
- 19.08.2015 : Mountain Biker Brandon Semenuk’s unReal Video: Long Shot Pays Off | Freeride MTB
- 18.08.2015 : TLD’s Jessy Nelson Collects Eighth Top-10 Finish at Utah National | AMA Pro Motocross - Tooele, UT
- 18.08.2015 : TLD’s Noren Starts the Day Strong in Utah | AMA Pro Motocross - Tooele, UT