Patrick Pilet to Join Lizards for the 24 Heures du Mans
ALMS - Le Mans, France
Flying Lizard announced today that Porsche factory driver and French national Patrick Pilet will join the No. 79 Flying Lizard Porsche for the upcoming 24 Heures du Mans. Pilet replaces Darren Law, who is unable to participate due to a scheduling conflict. Flying Lizard will field two Porsche entries in the endurance race on June 16: the No. 80 Porsche 911 GT3 RSR in the GTE Pro class and the No. 79 GT3 RSR in the GTE Am class.
The drivers of the No. 80 are Joerg Bergmeister (Germany), Patrick Long (USA) and Marco Holzer (Germany). The No. 79 drivers are Seth Neiman (USA), Spencer Pumpelly (USA), and Patrick Pilet (France). Bergmeister, Long, Holzer and Pilet are all Porsche factory drivers.
Eric Ingraham, Flying Lizard team manager and strategist of the No. 79 Porsche, said, "Obviously, we are disappointed that Darren is unable to participate; he has been a fundamental part of our American Le Mans Series team since 2004 and our Le Mans program since 2009. However, Patrick will be an excellent addition to the No. 79 lineup. He ran with us for our full 2008 American Le Mans Series season, and several races since, including the 2011 ALMS Petit Le Mans where he finished second in the No. 45 Porsche with Joerg and Patrick Long."
Follow the Lizards
The 24 Heures du Mans will get the green flag at 15.00h CET (6:00 am PT) on Saturday June 16. The race will be broadcast live in its entirety on Eurosport in Europe and SpeedTV will offer partial coverage in the United States. Radio Le Mans will broadcast live radio in English. Flying Lizard will broadcast the team radio live throughout the race; read the team race blog for frequent team updates at www.lizardms.com.
About Flying Lizard Motorsports
Flying Lizard returns to the American Le Mans Series for their ninth season and the fourth consecutive season for Bergmeister and Long together in the No. 45. The Lizards have won two ALMS GT team championships (2008 and 2009) and have finished in the top three each year since 2004. The team has secured three ALMS GT drivers' championships: Bergmeister and Long took the title together in 2009 and 2010 and Bergmeister with Wolf Henzler in 2008. Bergmeister is five-time ALMS GT drivers' champion (2005-2006 and 2008-2010) and Long has won the title three times (2005, and 2009-2010), all with Bergmeister. Bergmeister is the only driver in Grand-Am and ALMS history to win the championship in both series in the same year (2006).
Flying Lizard has also competed in the 24 Heures du Mans from 2005 through 2011, finishing third in 2005, fourth in 2006, sixth in 2008, and sixth in 2011.
The privateer team is based in Sonoma, California.
- 29.06.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Riders Endure Weather As Season Hits Halfway Point | AMA Pro Motocross - Mechanicsville, MD
- 29.06.2015 : TLD’s Noren Bounces Back For Solid Moto 2 Finish at Budds Creek | AMA Pro Motocross - Mechanicsville, MD
- 26.06.2015 : Scott Dixon Looks to Complete Career California Track Sweep | IndyCar - Fontana, CA
- 23.06.2015 : Ward Wins Pole and Takes 4th in Red Bull GRC Debut at Daytona | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 23.06.2015 : Block Takes 2nd at Rd 3 of 2015 Red Bull GRC Season in Daytona | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 18.06.2015 : Podium Finish for Dempsey and Long at Le Mans | Auto Racing - Le Mans, France
- 15.06.2015 : TLD's Seely and Noren Earn Top-10 Finishes in Pennsylvania | AMA Pro Motocross - Mt. Morris, PA
- 15.06.2015 : Top-10 Results for TLD’s Nelson and McElrath at High Point National | AMA Pro Motocross - Mt. Morris, PA
- 15.06.2015 : TLD Bike Athletes Go Big at Rd 3 of MTB World Cup DH Series | DH MTB - Leogang, Austria
- 11.06.2015 : Price Sweeps to Fourth Finke Desert Race Win | Off-Road - Northern Territory, Australia