"Patrick Dempsey: Racing Le Mans" Marathon Thanksgiving Day on Velocity
Auto Racing - Velocity Network
"Patrick Dempsey: Racing Le Mans" will re-air Thanksgiving Day in a four-hour marathon starting at 11 a.m. Eastern on the Velocity network.
The highly acclaimed series premiered this past August and September and chronicles the nearly two-year quest by Dempsey, co-driver and motorsports business partner Joe Foster and the Dempsey Racing team to return to the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
Dempsey, Foster and Porsche Factory driver Patrick Long did indeed make it back to France for this year's 50th Anniversary running of the classic endurance race and challenged for the GTE-AM victory before finishing fourth in the No. 77 Dempsey Racing Porsche 911 GT3 RSR. The Porsche was entered in cooperation with top European sports car racing team Proton Competition.
The Thanksgiving Day marathon is the first time that all four episodes of "Patrick Dempsey: Racing Le Mans" will air in succession. The popularity of the series also played a major part in the decision to film a fifth episode that is currently in final production.
Dempsey Racing's plans for 2014 season call for a return to Le Mans, a full season in the TUDOR SportsCar Championship GT Daytona (GTD) class with a two-car team and a customer program in the IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge by Yokohama. This will be Dempsey Racing's second year with Porsche and first in a multi-year competition program with the manufacturer that includes an expanded and formalized promotional and brand cooperation relationship.
Dempsey's relationship with Porsche received a high-profile boost and some significant new exposure this year through the "Patrick Dempsey: Racing Le Mans" documentary that also recently premiered in Europe to rave reviews and large audiences.
- 17.10.2014 : Vinny Nuzzolilli AMA Pro Hillclimb Unlimited Champion | Pro Hillclimb - Oregonia, OH
- 13.10.2014 : Greg Hancock Is 2014 Speedway World Champion | Speedway - Torun, Poland
- 06.10.2014 : Jessy Nelson 3rd at Red Bull Straight Rhythm 2014 | Race Team - Pomona, CA
- 03.10.2014 : Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Signs Darryn Durham | Race Team - Corona, CA
- 03.10.2014 : 32 Riders to Compete in Red Bull Straight Rhythm at Fairplex on October 4 | Supercross - Pomona, CA
- 03.10.2014 : Vildosola Racing Leads the SCORE International Championship | SCORE - Imperial Valley, CA
- 03.10.2014 : Darryn Durham - Back In Orange And Black | Race Team
- 01.10.2014 : Brandon Semenuk is the FMB Overall Champion | Freeride MTB - Virgin, UT
- 29.09.2014 : Willoughby and Pajon Victorious at Chula Vista BMX | BMX - Chula Vista, CA
- 12.09.2014 : Healing Hancock Fights Back | Speedway - Vojens, Denmark