Official Team Hancock Racing Report
World Speedway - Gorzow, Poland
I can officially say that I am now the 2011 World Speedway Champion and boy does that feel great!! I went into the final round of the SGP Series last Saturday night in Gorzow, Poland, with the world title already in hand but wanted to finish the season on the podium as well. After lots of rain prior to the practice on Friday, the track staff worked hard to prepare the track so that we could continue with practice. All went ahead as usual and practice finished just the way we wanted it to. Most figured that I might not take the meeting serious already having the title to my name, but that only motivated me to win even more.
On race day, the weather played havoc again with heavy rain off and on all day. The track was extremely wet before the start of the race and again the track staff worked hard to get it race ready. They did just that and we started on time. I started off with a win and making great starts overall. That was really important as the track conditions were not the best for passing. After round 4, I had scored 11 out of 12 points and then the heavens opened again. They managed to complete 4 rounds of racing before the officials took the decision to cancel the race due to safety; and it was the right decision. At that point, I was top scorer of the night, so I was named the overall winner of the event and stood on top of the podium once again. What a great feeling knowing that I really wanted to finish on top.
I stood on top of the podium twice that evening! One was for the winner of the event and then for the official ceremony of the World Title. My whole family, crew, sponsors and friends were present on the infield for the celebration prize giving. To stand on the podium and listen to the American National Anthem 2 times was completely overwhelming! I will live on this one for a long time or until the next time.
In the same week as this last round of the SGP, I secured 2 other Gold Medals for my Polish Club Falubaz-Zielona Gora and my Swedish club Piraterna-Motala! This gave me a total of 5 Gold Medals for 2011 with the World Title, Czech League-Mseno and Danish Super League-Slangerup. The Polish Ekstra League title was the first in my career of racing in Poland and also the first Gold for the Swedish club’s history. What an incredible year it has been. I can honestly say that I have been involved in 4 of the best possible teams that any rider could ask for. Mostly younger riders, but great personalities and open minded. That’s the way to WIN!
To top the season off, young Polish rider Maciek Janowski, who we have assisted for a number of years now, secured his first World Title on Sunday by winning the final round of the Under 21 World Championship in Gniezno, Poland! Huge congratulations to Maciek as he is one of the greatest kids you could ever meet and a tremendous talent in the sport. I know that he is not an American but he is the next closest thing for me and has a great future ahead. Watch this kid!!
I want to take the opportunity to say thank you to my family (Wife- Jennie, Kids- Wilbur & Bill), mechanics & crew (Rafal Haj, Bodzio Spolny, Richard Child, and Stefan Andersson), my fans and all the great sponsors listed below for making this season and my career such a success! I could not have done it without all of you:
SYSTEM EDSTRÖM, MONSTER ENERGY, REDLINE OIL, MOTION PRO INC, TROY LEE DESIGNS, KW SPEEDWAY PRODUCTS, JOKER MACHINE, PRODRIVE, JOE HUGHES INT., TCX BOOTS, DOMINO, BITUBO, OAKLEY, NGK SPARK PLUGS, GM ENGINES, NEB ENG, POWER BALANCE, SPECIALISED AEROSOLS, SELLE DALLE VALLE, STUHA FRAMES, TECHMAX, SÖDERBERGS MATTLEASING, MERCEDES BENZ STOCKHOLM.
Thanks again for all your support and now we are on TOP!
World Speedway Champion 2011
- 28.08.2014 : Unsung Hero: Fredrik Noren on the 2014 MX Season | AMA Motocross - RacerX Interview
- 27.08.2014 : Micky Dymond to Race 2nd Annual AMA Sturgis Supermoto Race | Supermoto - Sturgis, SD
- 27.08.2014 : Colton Facciotti Discusses Utah And Latvia | Motocross - Canada
- 26.08.2014 : Ken Block Takes 2nd at GRC Daytona and Moves Into 2nd In the Championship | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 26.08.2014 : Chaz Mostert 'Rains' Supreme At Sydney Motorsport Park 400 | V8 Supercars - Sydney, Australia
- 26.08.2014 : Cole Seely Signs With American Honda | Supercross and Motocross - Torrance, CA
- 26.08.2014 : Dany Torres Takes 2nd In Red Bull X-Fighters Pretoria | FMX - Pretoria, South Africa
- 25.08.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Closes Outdoor Season in Utah | AMA Motocross - Tooele, UT
- 25.08.2014 : New Factory Honda Rider Cole Seely Signs Multi-Year Deal With TLD | AMA Motocross - Corona, CA
- 25.08.2014 : Dixon Claims Second Win of the Season at Sonoma | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA