Dany Torres Wins X Knights Costa Rica, Podiums at X Fighters Mexico 2013
FMX - Newsletter
It’s been a long time since I last wrote but here I am again. As many of you know the 2013 season has already started and it has started very well for me.
It has been a pretty bad preseason for all Spaniards riders because of bad weather but especially for me since I had to make a very important decision regarding the choice of my bike and all that with very few hours of testing. Finally I've decided to change my KTM SX 250 (2-strokes) for the KTM SXF 350 (4 strokes) and after 3 competitions I can confirm that the decision has been a success, I am very happy!
So far I've been able to go onto the podium in all competitions in which I have participated and I feel better and better with my bike. At the beginning of March I participated in the first test of the Ifmxf World Championship in Lithuania where I finished second. The course was small with short jumps and it was a bit difficult to perform my best tricks but I finally got a good result. The next stop was in Mexico City where the first stop of the Red Bull X-Fighters was held. Mexico D.F is 2,400 meters high and every year we have serious problems to set the bikes and they lose a lot of power. Here is where I checked that my new 4-stroke is a beast! Electronic injection made all the work alone and I didn’t feel the loss of power. I really enjoyed myself with the bike and got a second place in a crazy final against Tom Pagès which we dedicated to our friend Eigo Sato.
The last stop was this past weekend in Costa Rica and things went very well and I could get the first place ahead of Tom and Maikel Melero.
Now I have to leave you, I have hardly had time to unpack my things and I have to pack again as I am flying to Poland this weekend to participate in the next round of World Championship in Gdansk.
A big huge to all and see you soon,
- 18.04.2014 : Leduc Focused On Pro 4 Competition For Lake Elsinore | LOORRS - Lake Elsinore, CA
- 17.04.2014 : Race Rewind: Cole Seely Interview at Seattle SX 2014 | Supercross - MotoXAddicts Interview
- 17.04.2014 : TLD Now Offering FreeWheelin™ Bluetooth® Audio System for Bicycle Helmets | Company - Corona, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Patrick Long Finishes 5th at Long Beach 2014 | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Team Target Comes Up Just Short on the Streets of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Power and Montoya Both Finish In Top-5 at Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Cole Seely Steals a Win in Seattle | Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda in Seattle
- 14.04.2014 : Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas Victorious at Long Beach | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : TLD Athletes Have Exceptional Weekend in Multiple Disciplines and Events | Company - Corona, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Monday Conversation: Cole Seely After Seattle SX | Supercross - Racer X Interview