NEATV Round 5: Kawasaki's Joe Haavisto Wins Again
Capeway Rovers MX - Middleboro, MA
Kawasaki Monster Energy's Joe Haavisto grabbed the Open Pro ATV win at round five of the New England ATV Motocross series while Michael Pilotte edged out the competition to take the Open Pro-am ATV win.
Heavy fog and showers threatened to put a damper on the racing action for round five, which was hosted at Capeway Rovers Motocross, but the fog began to burn off giving way to blue skies and warm temperatures.
#75 Joe Haavisto charged his way from a 5th place start to claim the lead away from #8 Michael Pilotte to claim the Moto One Win.
Favorable track conditions helped Joe Haavisto get a good start and make his way to an early lead in the first Pro moto. Once Haavisto was in the lead, he began to pull away, crossing the finish line with a good sized lead ahead of the rest of the pack.
In moto two, Haavisto grabbed the holeshot and was leading for a couple of laps. "I got the holeshot and then I ended up going to wide in a corner and a couple of guys got around me, but I was able to work back up and retake the lead," Haavisto explained. Haavisto would then hold his lead all the way to the checkered flag to take the moto win and the Pro overall win.
Kawasaki's Joe Haavisto grabbed the Moto 2 Holeshot & but allowed #74 Aaron Meyer to slip by into the lead, with Meyer eventually having issues, #8 Michael Pilotte also passed Haavisto, but before the checkered flag, Haavisto was able to charge back into the lead for the 1-1 Open Pro ATV Overall Win.
- 22.08.2014 : Northern Notes: Canada Wins - Facciotti Goes to Utah | Motocross - Ontario, Canada
- 22.08.2014 : Cam Zink's Backflip Sets Guinness World Record | MTB Freeride - Mammoth Lakes, CA
- 21.08.2014 : Where Are They Now - Cam Zink | MTB Freeride - Mammoth Lakes, CA
- 21.08.2014 : Colton Facciotti To Fill-In For TLD / Lucas Oil / MAVTV / Honda's Malcolm Stewart | AMA Motocross - Corona, CA
- 20.08.2014 : Will Power Dominates at The Milwaukee Mile 2014 | IndyCar - Milwaukee, WI
- 20.08.2014 : Raceline Pirelli Suzuki Back on Track for Gladstone | Motocross - Gladstone, Queensland, Australia
- 20.08.2014 : Rain Check: Jessy Nelson Grabs His First Moto Win | AMA Motocross - Crawfordsville, IN
- 19.08.2014 : Team Target Claims Two Top-Five Finishes at Milwaukee 2014 | IndyCar - Milwaukee, WI
- 19.08.2014 : Semenuk Becomes Most Decorated Athlete in Crankworx Slopestyle History | Freeride MTB - Whistler, Canada
- 18.08.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Score First National Motocross Win in Indiana Mud | AMA Motocross - Crawfordsville, IN