MX 338 / Southwick No Match for Kawasaki's Joe Haavisto
NEATV Series - Southwick, MA
For the third time this season and the second consecutive weekend, Haavisto has managed to race himself to the front of the pack and take both overall wins in the Open Pro and Pro Am. His motos didn't come without stiff competition, but he managed to finish with big leads over the runners-up.
"Southwick is my all-time favorite track because of the rough, sandy conditions that really show rider ability and bike preparedness," said Haavisto. "The track got rough by the fourth moto of the day and my KFX450R really worked well to get me through."
In the Pro Am races, once Haavisto battled into the lead, he made every second count. The first moto, he led early and was able to stay out front with no competition. The second moto saw Haavisto and Creamer battling for several laps before Haavisto pulled away and finished with a 24 second lead.
"I have been ready for this race," said Haavisto. "The track is really physical and I wanted to push it until the end just in case anyone started to charge. I felt really good and I had a great time battling Josh."
Kawi Showing Off
The Kawasaki KFX450R has recently been showing off in the ATV scene with a 1-2 finish last weekend during the AMA Pro ATV Motocross Championship at Steel City Raceway, a sweep by Haavisto at Round 3 and now Round 4. Haavisto intends to keep his streak alive at the next race at the end of the month.
"My KFX450R handled great and once again, all of my components worked great together, helping to have a four-moto sweep and the overall in both classes," said Haavisto. "I can't wait until the next race at Capeway Rovers Motocross."
New England ATV Series (NEATV)
MX 338 - Southwick, Mass. - May 31, 2009
Open Pro Overall Results (Moto Finishes)
1. JOE HAAVISTO, NEW IPSWICH, NH, KAWASAKI, 1-1
2. Myles Santaniello, East Long Meadow, MA, Yamaha, 3-3
3. Aaron Meyer, Harrison, OH, Polaris, 4-5
4. Jason Connell, Willimantic, CT, Kawasaki, 5-8
5. Vincent Mofford, Jr., Middleboro, MA, Honda, 7-7
6. Michael Pilotte, Fall River, MA, Honda, 10-6
7. Jon Hansen, Suffield, CT, Yamaha, 8-10
8. Richard Stambach, Boonton, NJ, Suzuki, 6-12
9. Matthew Pomeroy, Westfield, MA, Can Am, 11-9
10. Ralle Rookey, Suffield, CT, Honda, 9-11
Open Pro-Am Overall Results (Moto Finishes)
1. JOE HAAVISTO, NEW IPSWICH, N., KAWASAKI, 1-1
2. Josh Creamer, N. Stonington, CT, Kawasaki, 2-2
3. Aaron Meyer, Harrison, OH, Polaris, 4-4
4. Jason Connell, Willimantic, CT, Kawasaki, 3-6
5. Rocco Arno, Jr., Bridgeton, NJ, Kawasaki, 5-5
6. Vincent Mofford, Jr., Middleboro, MA, Honda, 8-3
7. Max Anderson, Gardner, MA, Yamaha, 9-8
8. Jeffrey Bradway, III, Stafford Springs, CT, Polaris, 11-9
9. Nate Morello, Peterborough, NH, KTM, 7-13
10. Jesse Onesti, Standish, ME, Honda, 10-11
- 28.08.2015 : Oriol Servia to Drive Justin Wilson's No. 25 Car in IndyCar Finale | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 27.08.2015 : Alise Post 1st, Sam Willoughby 3rd at Sweden BMX | BMX - Angelholm, Sweden
- 26.08.2015 : Juan Montoya: Job To Do But With Sadness in Heart | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 24.08.2015 : TLD’s Jessy Nelson Closes 2015 Championship With a Podium in Indiana | AMA Pro Motocross - Crawfordsville, IN
- 24.08.2015 : TLD's Aaron Gwin Clinches 2015 DH MTB World Cup Championship Title | MTB - Val di Sole, Italy
- 21.08.2015 : Semenuk Revels In The Glory Of 3rd Consecutive Red Bull Joyride Win | Freeride MTB - Whistler, Canada
- 20.08.2015 : Gibbs On Verge of Clinching National MX1 Crown | MX Nationals - Australia
- 19.08.2015 : Mountain Biker Brandon Semenuk’s unReal Video: Long Shot Pays Off | Freeride MTB
- 18.08.2015 : TLD’s Jessy Nelson Collects Eighth Top-10 Finish at Utah National | AMA Pro Motocross - Tooele, UT
- 18.08.2015 : TLD’s Noren Starts the Day Strong in Utah | AMA Pro Motocross - Tooele, UT