MX 338 / Southwick No Match for Kawasaki's Joe Haavisto
NEATV Series - Southwick, MA
For the third time this season and the second consecutive weekend, Haavisto has managed to race himself to the front of the pack and take both overall wins in the Open Pro and Pro Am. His motos didn't come without stiff competition, but he managed to finish with big leads over the runners-up.
"Southwick is my all-time favorite track because of the rough, sandy conditions that really show rider ability and bike preparedness," said Haavisto. "The track got rough by the fourth moto of the day and my KFX450R really worked well to get me through."
In the Pro Am races, once Haavisto battled into the lead, he made every second count. The first moto, he led early and was able to stay out front with no competition. The second moto saw Haavisto and Creamer battling for several laps before Haavisto pulled away and finished with a 24 second lead.
"I have been ready for this race," said Haavisto. "The track is really physical and I wanted to push it until the end just in case anyone started to charge. I felt really good and I had a great time battling Josh."
Kawi Showing Off
The Kawasaki KFX450R has recently been showing off in the ATV scene with a 1-2 finish last weekend during the AMA Pro ATV Motocross Championship at Steel City Raceway, a sweep by Haavisto at Round 3 and now Round 4. Haavisto intends to keep his streak alive at the next race at the end of the month.
"My KFX450R handled great and once again, all of my components worked great together, helping to have a four-moto sweep and the overall in both classes," said Haavisto. "I can't wait until the next race at Capeway Rovers Motocross."
New England ATV Series (NEATV)
MX 338 - Southwick, Mass. - May 31, 2009
Open Pro Overall Results (Moto Finishes)
1. JOE HAAVISTO, NEW IPSWICH, NH, KAWASAKI, 1-1
2. Myles Santaniello, East Long Meadow, MA, Yamaha, 3-3
3. Aaron Meyer, Harrison, OH, Polaris, 4-5
4. Jason Connell, Willimantic, CT, Kawasaki, 5-8
5. Vincent Mofford, Jr., Middleboro, MA, Honda, 7-7
6. Michael Pilotte, Fall River, MA, Honda, 10-6
7. Jon Hansen, Suffield, CT, Yamaha, 8-10
8. Richard Stambach, Boonton, NJ, Suzuki, 6-12
9. Matthew Pomeroy, Westfield, MA, Can Am, 11-9
10. Ralle Rookey, Suffield, CT, Honda, 9-11
Open Pro-Am Overall Results (Moto Finishes)
1. JOE HAAVISTO, NEW IPSWICH, N., KAWASAKI, 1-1
2. Josh Creamer, N. Stonington, CT, Kawasaki, 2-2
3. Aaron Meyer, Harrison, OH, Polaris, 4-4
4. Jason Connell, Willimantic, CT, Kawasaki, 3-6
5. Rocco Arno, Jr., Bridgeton, NJ, Kawasaki, 5-5
6. Vincent Mofford, Jr., Middleboro, MA, Honda, 8-3
7. Max Anderson, Gardner, MA, Yamaha, 9-8
8. Jeffrey Bradway, III, Stafford Springs, CT, Polaris, 11-9
9. Nate Morello, Peterborough, NH, KTM, 7-13
10. Jesse Onesti, Standish, ME, Honda, 10-11
- 27.07.2015 : Team TLD Riders All Score Top-10 Finishes at Washougal | AMA Pro Motocross - Washougal, WA
- 27.07.2015 : TLD’s Noren Makes It Three Weekends In A Row With Career-Best Finish | AMA Pro Motocross - Washougal, WA
- 27.07.2015 : Interview: Brandon Semenuk and Rupert Walker - Revel In The Chaos | Freeride MTB - Pinkbike Interview
- 24.07.2015 : TLD's Toby Price Could Wrap Up Fifth AORC Crown This Weekend | AORC - Kyogle, Australia
- 24.07.2015 : Sage Karam Earns First-Career Podium At Iowa 2015 | IndyCar - Newton, IA
- 23.07.2015 : TLD’s Noren Backs Up Career Best Result With Seventh Overall | AMA Pro Motocross - Millville, MN
- 20.07.2015 : TLD’s McElrath Breaks Into Top-10 With Impressive Moto 2 Ride | AMA Motocross - Millville, MN
- 20.07.2015 : KTM Strong Man Kirk Gibbs Braves The Pain At Shepparton | Motocross - Victoria, Australia
- 10.07.2015 : TLD/KTM’s Toby Price Picked Up By Red Bull Factory Rally Team | World Motorcycle Rally Championships
- 07.07.2015 : New Troy Lee Designs Canadian Funny Car Schedules Debut | Funny Car - Edmonton AB, Canada