Long and the #912 Take Victory at Sebring
WEC - Sebring, FL
The victory gives the new Porsche works program wins in both of North America’s premier two sports car racing events; the Rolex 24 At Daytona in January and today’s 12 Hours of Sebring. The No. 912 held off a field of factory efforts from the class pole position. However, the race came down to a final 20-minute sprint after a late race caution flag packed the field for a last push to the checkered flag in the second event of the Tudor United SportsCar Championship season. Bergmeister, behind the wheel for the final stint, out-distanced the field to give new Porsche’s 911 RSR victories at the three legendary racetracks of Sebring International Raceway, Daytona International Speedway and at the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
The victory is Bergmeister’s fourth at Sebring and Long’s second. It was a first for Christensen who also scored his first career pole position as a Porsche factory driver this weekend.
Long said, “Last night, we were here until well after the dinner hour and our mechanics asked why? I said because we are here to win. This morning we showed up and said the same thing. We had a plan and we stuck to it. That plan was to convert Michael’s awesome qualifying into a lead for the opening stint. We knew we didn’t have anything for them in the daylight but once the sun went down the race was going to start. We were able to execute.”
Next up is Long Beach, a perpetual fan and driver favorite, on April 11-12, 2014.
- 16.04.2015 : Chip Ganassi Racing Report: Indy Grand Prix of Louisiana | IndyCar - Avondale, LA
- 15.04.2015 : Team Penske's Castroneves Podiums in Louisiana | IndyCar - Avondale, LA
- 14.04.2015 : Lusty Industries / KTM’s Gibbs Shows His Mettle To Extend Nationals Lead | Motocross - Sydney, Australia
- 14.04.2015 : Kasey Kahne Finishes 8th At Texas | NASCAR - Fort Worth, TX
- 13.04.2015 : Aaron Gwin Takes 1st Place at 2015 DH World Cup Season Opener | DH MTB - Lourdes, France
- 13.04.2015 : Shane McElrath Makes Podium Return in Houston | AMA Supercross - Houston, TX
- 13.04.2015 : 2015 SRAM | Troy Lee Designs Race Team - Meet the Squad | Bicycle - SRAM TLD Race Team
- 13.04.2015 : TLD’s Cole Seely Wins First-Ever 450SX Main Event | AMA Supercross - Houston, TX
- 10.04.2015 : Jessy Nelson To Sit Out Remainder of 2015 Supercross Series | AMA Supercross - Corona, CA
- 06.04.2015 : Greg Hancock Still Hungry for Success | Speedway - Sweden