Long and CORE Conclude Roar Before the 24
ALMS - Daytona, FL
“It’s an honor to be among this group,” Long said. “This is an opportunity that I’ve hoped to be part of for the past 10 years – an all-factory GT team here in the States. Corvette has been setting the bar the last few seasons, and SRT has progressed faster than many people expected. We’re not sure where the Porsche is going to fit in. Fortunately, Daytona is usually very good for the Porsches. We’re cautious, because this team is so new. We’ll race the race and hope we’re still there with two hours to go, and then race who’s left.”
“Although the Roar is three days of testing, it actually turns out to be very limited running time with yellow flags, systematic things to work through and having multiple drivers. I think the Roar, for us, is an acute focus on establishing a setup for the race weekend. The time that you get on race week is very limited, so that puts a big emphasis on getting a base-line setup on the car at the Roar.
It’ll be our first time with the RSR in its current configuration at Daytona. We have a lot of work to do, so realistically, our focus is all around getting the car balanced for the race and not thinking too much about the lap times. Daytona is a unique track with so many periods of long, sustained, full-open throttle.”
The Rolex 24 At Daytona will run January 25-26, broadcast on Fox Sports 1 and 2.
- 10.02.2016 : Troy Lee Designed Porsche | Stuttgart, Germany
- 09.02.2016 : TLD Re-signs Brandon Semenuk | Corona, CA
- 06.02.2016 : Phoenix Race Report | Phoenix, AZ
- 30.01.2016 : Oakland SX Race Report | Oakland, CA
- 23.01.2016 : Race Report Anaheim 2 | Anaheim, CA
- 16.01.2016 : Race Report San Diego 1 | San Diego, CA
- 15.01.2016 : Update On Jessy Nelson's Practice Crash | Corona, CA
- 09.01.2016 : TLDs Jessy Nelson Starts Off in Championship Hunt | Anaheim, CA
- 09.01.2016 : TLDs Cole Seely Races to Podium Finish at Season Opener | Anaheim, CA
- 01.01.2016 : TLD And FMF Factory KTM Offroad Partner | Corona, CA