Lizards Set for Grand Prix of Mosport This Sunday
ALMS - Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
The Lizards continue the ALMS East Coast swing with round five on Sunday, July 22: the Grand Prix of Mosport at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park. In the No. 45, Joerg Bergmeister and Patrick Long are coming off of their first win of 2012 on July 7 at Lime Rock Park. In the No. 44, Seth Neiman will be joined by Andy Lally for the Mosport race. Lally is filling in for Porsche factory driver Marco Holzer, who has a scheduling conflict for this event. Holzer will be back with the Lizards for the remainder of the ALMS season starting at Mid-Ohio. This is Lally's second race with the Lizards: he joined the No. 44 earlier this year for the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring.
Patrick Long reflected on some of the unique aspects of the 2.459 mile, 10-turn road course: "Mosport is a fast, sweeping track but it's very tough to pass here and traffic is a huge equalizer. Track position and strategy will play an important role in the outcome; in some ways it's like a larger-scale Lime Rock. And the starts here can be wild: most of the field is still in the final few corners when the prototypes are released. One of my favorite racing memories here was our win in 2010 after Joerg and I fought a tough, long battle with Ferrari, BMW, and Corvette. This year, I'm optimistic about the performance of the new 2012 aero package. We haven't tested it here yet so we won't know how things will pan out until we get on track but I'm hopeful we'll be competitive again this weekend."
Long and Bergmeister are now fourth in the GT drivers' championship with 39 points (Oliver Gavin and Tommy Milner lead in the No. 4 Corvette with 72 points); the team is third in the team championship with 44 points (Corvette Racing leads with 78 points). There is a maximum total of 128 points that is achievable over the remaining six races. Flying Lizard team manager and strategist of the No. 44 Porsche Eric Ingraham added, "We're still facing a gap in the championship points to the higher positions but we made good inroads at Lime Rock and there are six races left in the season, three of which award increased championship points compared to the sprint races. A lot can still happen. We need to keep building on the momentum from our last race and stay focused on having seamless races for the rest of the season."
Follow the Lizards
Mobil 1 presents the Grand Prix of Mosport gets the green flag at noon ET on July 22 from the 2.459-mile, 10-turn Canadian Tire Motorsport Park. ESPN2's broadcast featuring live coverage begins at 1 p.m. ET. Full, live coverage is available starting at 11:45 a.m. ET on ESPN3.
The race will be broadcast live in Europe on MotorsTV, in Latin America/Middle East on Fox and in Canada on Rogers Sports Net. Flying Lizard will broadcast the team radio live throughout the race; read the team race blog for frequent team updates at www.lizardms.com.
About Flying Lizard Motorsports
Flying Lizard returns to the American Le Mans Series for their ninth season and the fourth consecutive season for Bergmeister and Long together in the No. 45. The Lizards have won two ALMS GT team championships (2008 and 2009) and have finished in the top three each year since 2004. The team has secured three ALMS GT drivers' championships: Bergmeister and Long took the title together in 2009 and 2010 and Bergmeister with Wolf Henzler in 2008. Bergmeister is five-time ALMS GT drivers' champion (2005-2006 and 2008-2010) and Long has won the title three times (2005, and 2009-2010), all with Bergmeister. Bergmeister is the only driver in Grand-Am and ALMS history to win the championship in both series in the same year (2006).
Flying Lizard has also competed in the 24 Heures du Mans from 2005 through 2012, finishing third in 2005, fourth in 2006, sixth in 2008, sixth in 2011, and fourth in 2012.
Visit the team website at www.lizardms.com.
The privateer team is based in Sonoma, California.
- 06.07.2015 : TLD Riders Celebrate Fourth of July with Heartfelt Efforts | AMA Pro Motocross -Buchanan, MI
- 29.06.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Riders Endure Weather As Season Hits Halfway Point | AMA Pro Motocross - Mechanicsville, MD
- 29.06.2015 : TLD’s Noren Bounces Back For Solid Moto 2 Finish at Budds Creek | AMA Pro Motocross - Mechanicsville, MD
- 26.06.2015 : Scott Dixon Looks to Complete Career California Track Sweep | IndyCar - Fontana, CA
- 23.06.2015 : Ward Wins Pole and Takes 4th in Red Bull GRC Debut at Daytona | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 23.06.2015 : Block Takes 2nd at Rd 3 of 2015 Red Bull GRC Season in Daytona | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 18.06.2015 : Podium Finish for Dempsey and Long at Le Mans | Auto Racing - Le Mans, France
- 15.06.2015 : TLD's Seely and Noren Earn Top-10 Finishes in Pennsylvania | AMA Pro Motocross - Mt. Morris, PA
- 15.06.2015 : Top-10 Results for TLD’s Nelson and McElrath at High Point National | AMA Pro Motocross - Mt. Morris, PA
- 15.06.2015 : TLD Bike Athletes Go Big at Rd 3 of MTB World Cup DH Series | DH MTB - Leogang, Austria