Launch of the Peter Fonda Collection at TLD Laguna Beach
TLD Peter Fonda Launch - Laguna Beach, CA
A word from Peter Fonda
Around 160 people jammed Troy's shop in Laguna Beach, California, during the two and a half hour party (Dec 8, 2012). The OC Register posted an interview about the Easy Rider collection and how the designs came to be. Troy Lee served his own Moto Brew to guests and I brought my ubiquitous Nalgene bottle of pure water. The merchandise has been a long time coming, and we're just beginning now. We sold out everything on hand; helmets, gloves, T-shirts, caps, and posters. Troy had awakened early one morning, three days earlier, and began painting a large piece for the event. The painting was spectacular, and Troy had posters made from it just in time for the event. Another fellow had just finished painting the tank for a replica of my Captain America motorcycle, before he brought it to the shop. It was a very good replica and ran beautifully.
There were several bikes ridden to the event for a small show and competition. One of the coolest was a very different version of the Captain America bike's flag theme; it was all in flat black and grey of several shades; the flag was dark grey and a lighter grey for the Stars and Stripes. There is a photo of me on that bike posted below.
A phenomenon that I have noticed over my years of riding to the bigger motorcycle rallies in the country: Rat Bikes. These are motorcycles that are anything but flashy and shiny chrome and paint. The have as much odd and junky things welded to their bikes as possible. And, over all these years, I have come to appreciate these rat bikes. Someone rode a rat scooter to the show, and Troy put it in the showroom. It had snowmobile-like foot rests that jutted out front; twin headlights that looked as efficient as a limo-like stretchedx Fiat 500; an old rusted Springfield WW1 rifle; cans, an old canteen and other junk pile stuff; and, most interesting to me, a real film can for shipping three reels of 2000 feet of film. These shipping cans don't rust and are hard to come by. As we move into a digital film world, these old cans will be sought out for movie paraphernalia by old film buffs. Looking at the scooter, one might wonder if it really ran. It does. Perfectly.
Original story from PeterFonda.com.
See photos from the event in our Photo Gallery.
- 28.08.2015 : Oriol Servia to Drive Justin Wilson's No. 25 Car in IndyCar Finale | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 27.08.2015 : Alise Post 1st, Sam Willoughby 3rd at Sweden BMX | BMX - Angelholm, Sweden
- 26.08.2015 : Juan Montoya: Job To Do But With Sadness in Heart | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 24.08.2015 : TLD’s Jessy Nelson Closes 2015 Championship With a Podium in Indiana | AMA Pro Motocross - Crawfordsville, IN
- 24.08.2015 : TLD's Aaron Gwin Clinches 2015 DH MTB World Cup Championship Title | MTB - Val di Sole, Italy
- 21.08.2015 : Semenuk Revels In The Glory Of 3rd Consecutive Red Bull Joyride Win | Freeride MTB - Whistler, Canada
- 20.08.2015 : Gibbs On Verge of Clinching National MX1 Crown | MX Nationals - Australia
- 19.08.2015 : Mountain Biker Brandon Semenuk’s unReal Video: Long Shot Pays Off | Freeride MTB
- 18.08.2015 : TLD’s Jessy Nelson Collects Eighth Top-10 Finish at Utah National | AMA Pro Motocross - Tooele, UT
- 18.08.2015 : TLD’s Noren Starts the Day Strong in Utah | AMA Pro Motocross - Tooele, UT