Keep A Breast Foundation Partners with TLD at A3
Aneheim 3 Supercross - Breast Cancer Awareness
Troy Lee Designs and The Keep A Breast Foundation will team up to raise awareness for breast cancer during Anaheim round 3 of AMA Supercross, where the Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda race team will wear Pink GP Air "Bolt" Gear and customized "Love / Hate" AIR helmets to commemorate the race. The campaign is part of a larger effort to dedicate the entire race to breast cancer awareness. Event organizers are asking fans and racers to show support by wearing pink on February 13.
Keep A Breast and Troy Lee Designs have created beautifully designed breast casts with Supercross Announcers Erin Bates and Ashley Phillips, which will be on display at the Troy Lee Designs hospitality area at Anaheim 3, and will be auctioned off for the non-profit during an online auction starting Friday, February 12th through Thursday, February 25th.
"When the opportunity came for us to work with the Keep A Breast Foundation, I was really excited about coming together to raise awareness about breast cancer and someday finding a cure," says Ashley Phillips. "Any contribution I can make to the research is worth it to me, even if it means getting wrapped in plaster from the waist up! My aunt was diagnosed five years ago, but it wasn't until one of my friends was diagnosed that I realized its impact on generations of women. Both my aunt and friend are now in full remission! I hope this experience and the entire day will bring more awareness of this disease within our sport."
Keep A Breast, making their first appearance in the motocross world at this race, will also provide race fans with information about breast cancer prevention at the Troy Lee Designs hospitality area, where the Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda race team, (Wil Hahn, Cole Seely and Christian Craig) will also be on hand to show their support and sign autographs, along with top-ranked TLD sponsored Women's Motocross (WMX) rider Tarah Geiger. The team will be signing autographs from 2:50 to 3:30pm, pending any weather or schedule changes.
About Keep A Breast Foundation
The Keep A Breast Foundation Breast Casts™ are part of KAB's unique campaigns to use art and artistic expression to inform young people about methods of prevention, early detection, coping and support. This awareness campaign is like no other, harnessing the power of art to communicate complex feelings and thoughts about health, the female form and ultimately about breast cancer. Combining sculpture, philanthropy, and symbolic artistry, the one-of-a-kind plaster forms of the female torso are customized by artists and auctioned to raise funds for breast cancer programs all over the world. Through these programs Keep A Breast strives to eradicate breast cancer by inspiring young people to adopt lifestyle choices that have long-term health benefits.
Keep A Breast's Mission Statement
The Keep A Breast Foundation™ is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Our mission is to help eradicate breast cancer by exposing young people to methods of prevention, early detection and support. Through art events, educational programs and fundraising efforts, we seek to increase breast cancer awareness among young people so they are better equipped to make choices and develop habits that will benefit their long-term health and well-being.
About Troy Lee Designs
Since 1981, Troy Lee has been customizing helmets "For The World's Fastest Racers." Our relentless commitment to creating products that exceed the cutting edge in style, design and quality, has given us the reputation as an innovator in many different racing fields. Troy Lee Designs has grown over the past three decades to include a product line ranging from high-performance helmets, to a complete line of racing gear and casual wear. With an amazing team of racers, from Indycar to World Rally to NASCAR, Motocross to Enduro to Freestyle, Dirt Track to Road Racing, Mountain Biking to BMX, we have been fortunate to work with the best in the world. We at Troy Lee Designs appreciate the fact that every day the racers get out there and put it all on the line.
- 29.07.2015 : TLD / KTM's Toby Price Takes 5th AORC Crown of His Career | AORC - Kyogle, Australia
- 27.07.2015 : Team TLD Riders All Score Top-10 Finishes at Washougal | AMA Pro Motocross - Washougal, WA
- 27.07.2015 : TLD’s Noren Makes It Three Weekends In A Row With Career-Best Finish | AMA Pro Motocross - Washougal, WA
- 27.07.2015 : Interview: Brandon Semenuk and Rupert Walker - Revel In The Chaos | Freeride MTB - Pinkbike Interview
- 24.07.2015 : TLD's Toby Price Could Wrap Up Fifth AORC Crown This Weekend | AORC - Kyogle, Australia
- 24.07.2015 : Sage Karam Earns First-Career Podium At Iowa 2015 | IndyCar - Newton, IA
- 23.07.2015 : TLD’s Noren Backs Up Career Best Result With Seventh Overall | AMA Pro Motocross - Millville, MN
- 20.07.2015 : TLD’s McElrath Breaks Into Top-10 With Impressive Moto 2 Ride | AMA Motocross - Millville, MN
- 20.07.2015 : KTM Strong Man Kirk Gibbs Braves The Pain At Shepparton | Motocross - Victoria, Australia
- 10.07.2015 : TLD/KTM’s Toby Price Picked Up By Red Bull Factory Rally Team | World Motorcycle Rally Championships