Kasey Kahne Top-Ten in Bristol
NASCAR - Bristol, TN
Under the lights after a lengthy rain delay, Kasey Kahne led 16 laps and drove his No. 5 Farmers Insurance Chevrolet SS to an eighth-place finish in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Bristol Motor Speedway on Sunday, March 16.
Kahne’s finish at the historic short track marked his second straight top-10 result of the 2014 season. Together, Jeff Gordon and Kahne’s top-10 results gave Hendrick Motorsports its 1,500th career top-10 finish.
Kahne, 33, started Sunday's Sprint Cup Series event in the 10th position with plenty of momentum, moving into the eighth position by Lap 10. He was shuffled back to the 14th position by Lap 33 and was running 13th by Lap 80. The defending race winner maneuvered through traffic to settle into the 11th position by Lap 93.
Kahne cracked into the top 10 again at Lap 101, moving into the ninth position. He pulled onto pit road at Lap 119 for fuel, four tires, a chassis adjustment and air pressure changes. He restarted ninth after a lengthy rain delay and was running eighth by Lap 200. Kahne’s momentum continued, as he broke into the top five for the first time that day by Lap 224.
He moved into third by Lap 242 and won the battle for the runner-up position six laps later. Kahne took the lead at Lap 269, saying that his car was getting better as he continued racing. He came into pit road at Lap 277 for four tires and fuel. He lost the lead at Lap 285 and slipped to fifth by Lap 292.
Kahne battled through traffic to crack the top three again by Lap 317. Crew chief Kenny Francis called the No. 5 Chevy SS into pit road at Lap 333 for fuel, air pressure, four tires and a chassis adjustment. Despite these adjustments, he slipped to sixth by Lap 353 and made additional adjustments at the next yellow-flag pit stop at Lap 396.
The adjustments seemed to work in his favor, as Kahne moved into fourth at Lap 408. He restarted in the eighth spot with 38 laps to go and remained there to record his second straight top-10 result this year.
- 28.08.2014 : Unsung Hero: Fredrik Noren on the 2014 MX Season | AMA Motocross - RacerX Interview
- 27.08.2014 : Micky Dymond to Race 2nd Annual AMA Sturgis Supermoto Race | Supermoto - Sturgis, SD
- 27.08.2014 : Colton Facciotti Discusses Utah And Latvia | Motocross - Canada
- 26.08.2014 : Ken Block Takes 2nd at GRC Daytona and Moves Into 2nd In the Championship | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 26.08.2014 : Chaz Mostert 'Rains' Supreme At Sydney Motorsport Park 400 | V8 Supercars - Sydney, Australia
- 26.08.2014 : Cole Seely Signs With American Honda | Supercross and Motocross - Torrance, CA
- 26.08.2014 : Dany Torres Takes 2nd In Red Bull X-Fighters Pretoria | FMX - Pretoria, South Africa
- 25.08.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Closes Outdoor Season in Utah | AMA Motocross - Tooele, UT
- 25.08.2014 : New Factory Honda Rider Cole Seely Signs Multi-Year Deal With TLD | AMA Motocross - Corona, CA
- 25.08.2014 : Dixon Claims Second Win of the Season at Sonoma | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA