Kasey Kahne Top-Ten at Talladega 2014
NASCAR - Talladega, AL
Kasey Kahne was cool, calm and collective on Sunday at Talladega Superspeedway. The driver of the No. 5 Farmers Insurance “Thank a Million Teachers” Chevrolet SS was quiet on the radio as he rallied from a deep starting spot to finish eighth -- his fifth career top-10 finish at Talladega and his third of the 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season.
Kahne qualified 17th for Sunday’s event, but started the 188-lap event from the rear of the field after failing post-qualifying inspection. Undaunted, the driver of the No. 5 Farmers Insurance “Thank a Million Teachers” Chevrolet SS used the draft to rocket into 18th by Lap 6, and he was running 13th seven laps later when the caution flag was waved. The No. 5 team used a right-side tire stop under caution to move into the top 10.
As the race unfolded, Kahne’s position changed with the draft and he frequently used solid right-tire stops to pick up spots. Kahne cracked the top 10 once again by Lap 119 joining teammates Jimmie Johnson and then-leader Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Kahne avoided a Lap 137 multicar incident and opted to stay on track when another caution flag was waved on Lap 151. He restarted ninth and fluctuated with the draft, while avoiding another multicar incident 20 laps later. Kahne stopped for four tires and fuel during that caution period for the dash to the finish. He crossed the finish line eighth.
Quoting Kasey Kahne:
“We had a really good car. The Farmers Insurance “Thank A Million Teachers” Chevy was fast. We just didn’t get to the front when I needed to there with like 30 (laps) to go. From that point on, we were in the back. We just had to wait for wrecks to happen. You either charge through and move people a little bit and aggressively do it or else you just wait. I chose to wait, and we ended up eighth. I wish the race would have went to the line though because I think we had good momentum with me, Ricky (Stenhouse, Jr.) and Paul Menard.”
- 03.09.2015 : Race Recap: Kirk Gibbs Talks 2015 Title | MX Nationals - Coolum, Australia
- 03.09.2015 : Colton Facciotti Crowned King of Walton | Motocross - Walton, Canada
- 01.09.2015 : Kirk Gibbs Takes MX Nationals Championship | Motocross - Coolum, Australia
- 01.09.2015 : Dixon Comes From Behind To Win 2015 IndyCar Championship | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 28.08.2015 : Oriol Servia to Drive Justin Wilson's No. 25 Car in IndyCar Finale | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 27.08.2015 : Alise Post 1st, Sam Willoughby 3rd at Sweden BMX | BMX - Angelholm, Sweden
- 26.08.2015 : Juan Montoya: Job To Do But With Sadness in Heart | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 24.08.2015 : TLD’s Jessy Nelson Closes 2015 Championship With a Podium in Indiana | AMA Pro Motocross - Crawfordsville, IN
- 24.08.2015 : TLD's Aaron Gwin Clinches 2015 DH MTB World Cup Championship Title | MTB - Val di Sole, Italy
- 21.08.2015 : Semenuk Revels In The Glory Of 3rd Consecutive Red Bull Joyride Win | Freeride MTB - Whistler, Canada