Kasey Kahne Top-Ten at Talladega 2014
NASCAR - Talladega, AL
Kasey Kahne was cool, calm and collective on Sunday at Talladega Superspeedway. The driver of the No. 5 Farmers Insurance “Thank a Million Teachers” Chevrolet SS was quiet on the radio as he rallied from a deep starting spot to finish eighth -- his fifth career top-10 finish at Talladega and his third of the 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season.
Kahne qualified 17th for Sunday’s event, but started the 188-lap event from the rear of the field after failing post-qualifying inspection. Undaunted, the driver of the No. 5 Farmers Insurance “Thank a Million Teachers” Chevrolet SS used the draft to rocket into 18th by Lap 6, and he was running 13th seven laps later when the caution flag was waved. The No. 5 team used a right-side tire stop under caution to move into the top 10.
As the race unfolded, Kahne’s position changed with the draft and he frequently used solid right-tire stops to pick up spots. Kahne cracked the top 10 once again by Lap 119 joining teammates Jimmie Johnson and then-leader Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Kahne avoided a Lap 137 multicar incident and opted to stay on track when another caution flag was waved on Lap 151. He restarted ninth and fluctuated with the draft, while avoiding another multicar incident 20 laps later. Kahne stopped for four tires and fuel during that caution period for the dash to the finish. He crossed the finish line eighth.
Quoting Kasey Kahne:
“We had a really good car. The Farmers Insurance “Thank A Million Teachers” Chevy was fast. We just didn’t get to the front when I needed to there with like 30 (laps) to go. From that point on, we were in the back. We just had to wait for wrecks to happen. You either charge through and move people a little bit and aggressively do it or else you just wait. I chose to wait, and we ended up eighth. I wish the race would have went to the line though because I think we had good momentum with me, Ricky (Stenhouse, Jr.) and Paul Menard.”
- 26.01.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Rider Cole Seely Grabs Season Best Finish in Fifth | AMA Supercross - Oakland, CA
- 26.01.2015 : Chip Ganassi Racing Wins Record Sixth Rolex 24 At Daytona | Rolex 24 Hours - Daytona Beach, FL
- 24.01.2015 : Nelson Passes a Dozen Riders En Route to a Top 10 Finish | AMA Supercross - Oakland, CA
- 23.01.2015 : Scott Pruett Aims for Record Sixth Win at Rolex 24 Endurance Race | TUDOR - Daytona Beach, FL
- 23.01.2015 : Lusty Industries Athletes Long and Simmonds Take On Deep Well MX | Motocross - Alice Springs, Australia
- 22.01.2015 : ESM’s 2015 Worldwide Season Starts at Home & the Rolex 24 | WEC & TUDOR - Riviera Beach, FL
- 22.01.2015 : Team TLD's Ascent to the Top of American Motocross | Troy Lee Designs - Company History
- 20.01.2015 : MXP Chatter: Kyle Keast | Motocross - Canada
- 20.01.2015 : American Champion Jared Mees Wins 2015 Troy Bayliss Classic | Flat Track - Taree, Australia
- 20.01.2015 : CBR's Zach Herfindahl Wins At Grafton | Snocross - Grafton, ND