Kasey Kahne Top-Ten at Talladega 2014
NASCAR - Talladega, AL
Kasey Kahne was cool, calm and collective on Sunday at Talladega Superspeedway. The driver of the No. 5 Farmers Insurance “Thank a Million Teachers” Chevrolet SS was quiet on the radio as he rallied from a deep starting spot to finish eighth -- his fifth career top-10 finish at Talladega and his third of the 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season.
Kahne qualified 17th for Sunday’s event, but started the 188-lap event from the rear of the field after failing post-qualifying inspection. Undaunted, the driver of the No. 5 Farmers Insurance “Thank a Million Teachers” Chevrolet SS used the draft to rocket into 18th by Lap 6, and he was running 13th seven laps later when the caution flag was waved. The No. 5 team used a right-side tire stop under caution to move into the top 10.
As the race unfolded, Kahne’s position changed with the draft and he frequently used solid right-tire stops to pick up spots. Kahne cracked the top 10 once again by Lap 119 joining teammates Jimmie Johnson and then-leader Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Kahne avoided a Lap 137 multicar incident and opted to stay on track when another caution flag was waved on Lap 151. He restarted ninth and fluctuated with the draft, while avoiding another multicar incident 20 laps later. Kahne stopped for four tires and fuel during that caution period for the dash to the finish. He crossed the finish line eighth.
Quoting Kasey Kahne:
“We had a really good car. The Farmers Insurance “Thank A Million Teachers” Chevy was fast. We just didn’t get to the front when I needed to there with like 30 (laps) to go. From that point on, we were in the back. We just had to wait for wrecks to happen. You either charge through and move people a little bit and aggressively do it or else you just wait. I chose to wait, and we ended up eighth. I wish the race would have went to the line though because I think we had good momentum with me, Ricky (Stenhouse, Jr.) and Paul Menard.”
- 29.06.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Riders Endure Weather As Season Hits Halfway Point | AMA Pro Motocross - Mechanicsville, MD
- 29.06.2015 : TLD’s Noren Bounces Back For Solid Moto 2 Finish at Budds Creek | AMA Pro Motocross - Mechanicsville, MD
- 26.06.2015 : Scott Dixon Looks to Complete Career California Track Sweep | IndyCar - Fontana, CA
- 23.06.2015 : Ward Wins Pole and Takes 4th in Red Bull GRC Debut at Daytona | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 23.06.2015 : Block Takes 2nd at Rd 3 of 2015 Red Bull GRC Season in Daytona | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 18.06.2015 : Podium Finish for Dempsey and Long at Le Mans | Auto Racing - Le Mans, France
- 15.06.2015 : TLD's Seely and Noren Earn Top-10 Finishes in Pennsylvania | AMA Pro Motocross - Mt. Morris, PA
- 15.06.2015 : Top-10 Results for TLD’s Nelson and McElrath at High Point National | AMA Pro Motocross - Mt. Morris, PA
- 15.06.2015 : TLD Bike Athletes Go Big at Rd 3 of MTB World Cup DH Series | DH MTB - Leogang, Austria
- 11.06.2015 : Price Sweeps to Fourth Finke Desert Race Win | Off-Road - Northern Territory, Australia