Kasey Kahne Takes 8th in Las Vegas
NASCAR - Las Vegas, NV
Kasey Kahne drove his No. 5 Farmers Insurance Chevrolet SS to an eighth-place finish in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on Sunday, March 9.
Kahne started 13th at the 1.5-mile desert track, but almost immediately reported looseness in Turn 4 and dropped four positions. He regained momentum, though, and moved into 12th by Lap 28. Kahne climbed as high as seventh, but maintained the loose-handling condition wasn't budging in the No. 5 Farmers Insurance Chevrolet SS.
He made a scheduled green-flag pit stop on Lap 92, before moving into the 15th position by Lap 106. Kahne broke into the top 12 by Lap 155 prior to NASCAR officials waving the yellow flag for debris. During caution, crew chief Kenny Francis called Kahne down pit road for fuel, a four-tire change and a chassis adjustment.
While running 12th at Lap 176, Kahne radioed to Francis that his No. 5 Chevrolet SS still was feeling loose while exiting the turns. Nevertheless, Kahne cracked the top 10 on Lap 197. He pitted at Lap 201, taking four tires, fuel and a chassis adjustment once again. The adjustments seemed to help, as Kahne was able to move into the 11th position by Lap 215. With 30 laps to go, he moved into the eighth position, where he finished the race at the 1.5-mile speedway.
- 28.01.2015 : Brandon Semenuk Slopestyle/Freeride Athlete of the Year | MTB - Pinkbike Awards
- 28.01.2015 : Christian Brothers Racing Wins Gold at Winter X Games 2015 | Snowmobile Hillcross - Aspen, CO
- 28.01.2015 : Tye Simmonds Scores 1st Place Finish at Deep Well MX | Off-Road - Alice Springs, Australia
- 26.01.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Rider Cole Seely Grabs Season Best Finish in Fifth | AMA Supercross - Oakland, CA
- 26.01.2015 : Chip Ganassi Racing Wins Record Sixth Rolex 24 At Daytona | Rolex 24 Hours - Daytona Beach, FL
- 24.01.2015 : Nelson Passes a Dozen Riders En Route to a Top 10 Finish | AMA Supercross - Oakland, CA
- 23.01.2015 : Scott Pruett Aims for Record Sixth Win at Rolex 24 Endurance Race | TUDOR - Daytona Beach, FL
- 23.01.2015 : Lusty Industries Athletes Long and Simmonds Take On Deep Well MX | Motocross - Alice Springs, Australia
- 22.01.2015 : ESM’s 2015 Worldwide Season Starts at Home & the Rolex 24 | WEC & TUDOR - Riviera Beach, FL
- 22.01.2015 : Team TLD's Ascent to the Top of American Motocross | Troy Lee Designs - Company History