Kasey Kahne Takes 8th in Las Vegas
NASCAR - Las Vegas, NV
Kasey Kahne drove his No. 5 Farmers Insurance Chevrolet SS to an eighth-place finish in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on Sunday, March 9.
Kahne started 13th at the 1.5-mile desert track, but almost immediately reported looseness in Turn 4 and dropped four positions. He regained momentum, though, and moved into 12th by Lap 28. Kahne climbed as high as seventh, but maintained the loose-handling condition wasn't budging in the No. 5 Farmers Insurance Chevrolet SS.
He made a scheduled green-flag pit stop on Lap 92, before moving into the 15th position by Lap 106. Kahne broke into the top 12 by Lap 155 prior to NASCAR officials waving the yellow flag for debris. During caution, crew chief Kenny Francis called Kahne down pit road for fuel, a four-tire change and a chassis adjustment.
While running 12th at Lap 176, Kahne radioed to Francis that his No. 5 Chevrolet SS still was feeling loose while exiting the turns. Nevertheless, Kahne cracked the top 10 on Lap 197. He pitted at Lap 201, taking four tires, fuel and a chassis adjustment once again. The adjustments seemed to help, as Kahne was able to move into the 11th position by Lap 215. With 30 laps to go, he moved into the eighth position, where he finished the race at the 1.5-mile speedway.
- 25.02.2015 : Logan Christian Lands Podium Finish In Chicago | Snocross - Chicago, IL
- 25.02.2015 : Toby Price Swaps Bike for Stadium Super Truck Debut | Super Trucks - Adelaide, Australia
- 25.02.2015 : Mears All Smiles After Successful Daytona Speedweeks | NASCAR - Daytona Beach, FL
- 24.02.2015 : Top-10 Finish for Kasey Kahne in 2015 Daytona 500 | NASCAR - Daytona, FL
- 24.02.2015 : California Dreamin' with Aaron Gwin | MTB - Pinkbike Interview
- 24.02.2015 : Willoughby and Post Victorious at 2015 Phoenix Winter Nationals | BMX - Phoenix, AZ
- 23.02.2015 : The Play-By-Play of Cole Seely’s Race Day in Atlanta | AMA Supercross - Atlanta, GA
- 13.02.2015 : Christian Brothers Racing Wins Soo I-500 and Podiums In New York | Snocross - Fertile, MN
- 11.02.2015 : 250 Words: New But Familiar Ground - Shane McElrath | AMA Supercross - Racer X Interview
- 09.02.2015 : Toby Price Steps From Dakar Rally To Enduro-X | Enduro-X - Brisbane, Australia