Kasey Kahne Takes 8th in Las Vegas
NASCAR - Las Vegas, NV
Kasey Kahne drove his No. 5 Farmers Insurance Chevrolet SS to an eighth-place finish in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on Sunday, March 9.
Kahne started 13th at the 1.5-mile desert track, but almost immediately reported looseness in Turn 4 and dropped four positions. He regained momentum, though, and moved into 12th by Lap 28. Kahne climbed as high as seventh, but maintained the loose-handling condition wasn't budging in the No. 5 Farmers Insurance Chevrolet SS.
He made a scheduled green-flag pit stop on Lap 92, before moving into the 15th position by Lap 106. Kahne broke into the top 12 by Lap 155 prior to NASCAR officials waving the yellow flag for debris. During caution, crew chief Kenny Francis called Kahne down pit road for fuel, a four-tire change and a chassis adjustment.
While running 12th at Lap 176, Kahne radioed to Francis that his No. 5 Chevrolet SS still was feeling loose while exiting the turns. Nevertheless, Kahne cracked the top 10 on Lap 197. He pitted at Lap 201, taking four tires, fuel and a chassis adjustment once again. The adjustments seemed to help, as Kahne was able to move into the 11th position by Lap 215. With 30 laps to go, he moved into the eighth position, where he finished the race at the 1.5-mile speedway.
- 23.09.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Hosts Successful Wheels 4 Life Fundraiser | Company - Laguna Beach, CA
- 23.09.2015 : That Winning Feeling: Jessy Nelson Talks USGP Victory | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 22.09.2015 : 250 Words: Troy’s Boys On Glen Helen USGP | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 21.09.2015 : Gritty USGP Performance For Kirk Gibbs | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 21.09.2015 : Troy Lee Designs on Top of the World at Glen Helen USGP | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 18.09.2015 : Billy Laninovich - Molding Tomorrow’s Racers | Motocross - TWMX Interview
- 15.09.2015 : Daniel Sanders On Top of the World in ISDE E3 Division | Enduro - Kosice, Slovakia
- 14.09.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Launches All New Adventure Line For 2016 | Company - Corona, CA
- 11.09.2015 : Unsung Hero: Derek Schuster | Motocross - Canada
- 08.09.2015 : Count Me In - Jessy Nelson Talks MXGP Of USA | MXGP - Glen Helen, CA