Kahne Scores Fourth-Straight Top 10 in Martinsville
NASCAR - Ridgeway, VA
The No. 5 Chevrolet SS rolled off the grid fifth for Sunday’s Sprint Cup Series event and after just 10 laps, the caution came out and Kahne opted to pit for fuel and four tires. During this time, Kahne also informed Crew Chief Kenny Francis that he felt his car was hitting the curb during runs. The team restarted 27th on Lap 22 and rocketed into the top eight within 28 laps, proving the benefit of new tires at the .526-mile oval.
Kahne held steady in the top 10 with his Hendrick Motorsports teammates until Lap 151 when he reported a vibration to Francis.
“I got a pretty good vibration under throttle,” Kahne said over the radio. “It’s like my rear tires; they’re off-balanced or something.”
Kahne improved to seventh and Francis used Kahne’s feedback to improve the No. 5 Chevy by putting a right-rear rubber into the car while under caution.
The No. 5 team continued their march forward and claimed the No. 2 spot on Lap 379. Kahne chased leader and teammate, Jimmie Johnson, for roughly 70 laps until Jeff Gordon passed him for second. Within two circuits, the yellow flag waved for a spin on the track and Kahne made a stop in the pits for an adjustment, fuel and four tires. He lined up fourth for the restart with 42 laps remaining and found himself in that same position when the field reset on Lap 492. Kahne chased Gordon as the laps wound down at Martinsville and crossed the finish line in fourth.
With Kahne’s third top-five finish in four races, the No. 5 team moves up two spots in the championship points to fifth.
- 18.04.2014 : Leduc Focused On Pro 4 Competition For Lake Elsinore | LOORRS - Lake Elsinore, CA
- 17.04.2014 : Race Rewind: Cole Seely Interview at Seattle SX 2014 | Supercross - MotoXAddicts Interview
- 17.04.2014 : TLD Now Offering FreeWheelin™ Bluetooth® Audio System for Bicycle Helmets | Company - Corona, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Patrick Long Finishes 5th at Long Beach 2014 | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Team Target Comes Up Just Short on the Streets of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Power and Montoya Both Finish In Top-5 at Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Cole Seely Steals a Win in Seattle | Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda in Seattle
- 14.04.2014 : Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas Victorious at Long Beach | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : TLD Athletes Have Exceptional Weekend in Multiple Disciplines and Events | Company - Corona, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Monday Conversation: Cole Seely After Seattle SX | Supercross - Racer X Interview