Kahne Grabs A Top-Five Finish in Texas
NASCAR - Fort Worth, TX
The No. 5 team took advantage of an early caution period in Sunday's race to pit for four tires, fuel and a chassis adjustment. Kasey then lined up ninth for the Lap 18 restart and improved two spots in just two laps. He then worked through a tight-handling condition in his car to move up to eighth by Lap 33. On Lap 73, the third caution flag of the race waved while Kasey was running sixth. He mad another trip down pit lane for four tires, fuel and chassis adjustments.
As the race progressed, the No. 5 Chevy’s handling became slightly loose, but Kasey told Crew Chief Kenny Francis that the car ultimately felt good prior to green-flag stops. The No. 5 team changed four tires, added fuel and made an another chassis adjustment during the best pit stop to alleviate the loose-handling condition. Kasey help his spot inside the top 10 and worked with his team on a loose-handling condition as the sun set over the 1.5-mile Fort Worth oval. By Lap 255, Kasey was up to seventh and reported that his No. 5 Chevy SS felt good. He picked up an additional spot during the next caution period and remained sixth with 54 laps to go in the race. Kasey muscled his way past one more car to overtake fifth position.
"We had a pretty good Time Warner Cable Chevy," said Kasey after the race. "We were seventh to 10th most of the race, and worked our way to fifth there at the end. We kept working on it. It’s been awhile since we’ve run up front so it feels pretty good. The Hendrick Motorsports cars were good so congratulations to Jimmie (Johnson) on the win. I'm glad we were able to have a flawless race, race all day and make a little bit of ground at the end.”
For a complete photo gallery from the Texas race weekend, visit the Farmers Racing Facebook page.
- 30.10.2014 : Interview: Darryn Durham on Supercross Africa | Supercross - Pretoria, South Africa
- 17.10.2014 : Vinny Nuzzolilli AMA Pro Hillclimb Unlimited Champion | Pro Hillclimb - Oregonia, OH
- 13.10.2014 : Greg Hancock Is 2014 Speedway World Champion | Speedway - Torun, Poland
- 06.10.2014 : Jessy Nelson 3rd at Red Bull Straight Rhythm 2014 | Race Team - Pomona, CA
- 03.10.2014 : Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Signs Darryn Durham | Race Team - Corona, CA
- 03.10.2014 : 32 Riders to Compete in Red Bull Straight Rhythm at Fairplex on October 4 | Supercross - Pomona, CA
- 03.10.2014 : Vildosola Racing Leads the SCORE International Championship | SCORE - Imperial Valley, CA
- 03.10.2014 : Darryn Durham - Back In Orange And Black | Race Team
- 01.10.2014 : Brandon Semenuk is the FMB Overall Champion | Freeride MTB - Virgin, UT
- 29.09.2014 : Willoughby and Pajon Victorious at Chula Vista BMX | BMX - Chula Vista, CA