Kahne Finishes 3rd at Brickyard 400
NASCAR - Indianapolis, IN
Kahne, 33, started the 160-lap race from the seventh position and kept his No. 5 Great Clips Chevrolet SS inside the top 10 throughout the first run of the 400-mile event.
Following the first round of green flag pit stops on Lap 27, Kahne returned to the track in the sixth position, battling with Hendrick Motorsports teammate Jeff Gordon. Kahne would remain inside the top 10 until the first caution period of the afternoon came out on Lap 59. On the ensuing restart, Kahne would maneuver the No. 5 Chevy SS into the top five for the first time and would run there until a four-tire pit stop during the second caution on Lap 80 shuffled him back to 16th position.
When the race restarted, Kahne methodically worked his way back towards the front, moving his way back into the top five just 12 laps after the race went back to green. Kahne would continue his charge towards the front, moving up to the third position just prior to the completion of the third round of green flag pit stops. Following the pit stops, Kahne would keep the No. 5 Chevy SS inside the top 10, battling with teammates Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Gordon.
In the end, Kahne was able to come home with a third-place finish, utilizing a four-tire change on the final round of green-flag pit stops. This is the sixth top-five finish for Kahne in the 2013 season.
He improved one spot in the driver standings and now ranks ninth.
- 30.01.2016 : Oakland SX Race Report | Oakland, CA
- 23.01.2016 : Race Report Anaheim 2 | Anaheim, CA
- 16.01.2016 : Race Report San Diego 1 | San Diego, CA
- 15.01.2016 : Update On Jessy Nelson's Practice Crash | Corona, CA
- 09.01.2016 : TLDs Jessy Nelson Starts Off in Championship Hunt | Anaheim, CA
- 09.01.2016 : TLDs Cole Seely Races to Podium Finish at Season Opener | Anaheim, CA
- 01.01.2016 : TLD And FMF Factory KTM Offroad Partner | Corona, CA
- 08.12.2015 : KTM FACTORY MEDIA INTRO | Corona, CA
- 28.11.2015 : 2015 East Coast Mini Olympics Report | Gainsville, FL
- 16.11.2015 : Bud-Racing’s Lillie SX Race Report | Moto - Lillie, France