Kahne Finishes 13th at the Monster Mile
NASCAR - Dover, DE
As the race got underway, Kasey overcame an initial tight-handling condition early in the race to run 17th by Lap 35, which was when the first caution period of the race. Kasey stopped for four tires, fuel and a quick chassis adjustment and restarted 18th on Lap 42.
A long green-flag period unfolded, and Kasey climbed to 12th by Lap 121. Crew Chief Kenny Francis radioed to Kasey to let him know he was clocking fast lap times, and despite the reoccurrence of the tight-handling condition, he held steady in the top 14. Kasey took advantage of a Lap 164 caution period to pit for four tires, fuel and another chassis adjustment.
The No. 5 team improved two spots to 12th before a Lap 226 caution period afforded another opportunity for tweaks to the Farmers Insurance Chevy SS. With another set of Goodyear tires, fuel and adjustments, Kasey returned to the track in 14th and reported his No. 5 Chevy SS felt good.
Despite battling a potential mechanical issue towards the end of the race, Kasey ran inside the top 15, but wasn’t able to make up substantial ground. He held on to finish 13th.
Kasey and the No. 5 team head to Kansas Speedway this weekend sitting 13th in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup championship standings.
To view the full photo gallery, visit the Farmers Racing Facebook page.
- 24.04.2014 : Stapleton Slated for Wonthaggi MX Nationals Comeback | Motocross - Australia
- 24.04.2014 : Dixon Seeks to Dislodge Runner-Up Yoke at Barber | IndyCar - Birmingham, AL
- 18.04.2014 : Leduc Focused On Pro 4 Competition For Lake Elsinore | LOORRS - Lake Elsinore, CA
- 17.04.2014 : Race Rewind: Cole Seely Interview at Seattle SX 2014 | Supercross - MotoXAddicts Interview
- 17.04.2014 : TLD Now Offering FreeWheelin™ Bluetooth® Audio System for Bicycle Helmets | Company - Corona, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Patrick Long Finishes 5th at Long Beach 2014 | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Team Target Comes Up Just Short on the Streets of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Power and Montoya Both Finish In Top-5 at Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Cole Seely Steals a Win in Seattle | Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda in Seattle
- 14.04.2014 : Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas Victorious at Long Beach | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA