Kahne Finishes 13th at the Monster Mile
NASCAR - Dover, DE
As the race got underway, Kasey overcame an initial tight-handling condition early in the race to run 17th by Lap 35, which was when the first caution period of the race. Kasey stopped for four tires, fuel and a quick chassis adjustment and restarted 18th on Lap 42.
A long green-flag period unfolded, and Kasey climbed to 12th by Lap 121. Crew Chief Kenny Francis radioed to Kasey to let him know he was clocking fast lap times, and despite the reoccurrence of the tight-handling condition, he held steady in the top 14. Kasey took advantage of a Lap 164 caution period to pit for four tires, fuel and another chassis adjustment.
The No. 5 team improved two spots to 12th before a Lap 226 caution period afforded another opportunity for tweaks to the Farmers Insurance Chevy SS. With another set of Goodyear tires, fuel and adjustments, Kasey returned to the track in 14th and reported his No. 5 Chevy SS felt good.
Despite battling a potential mechanical issue towards the end of the race, Kasey ran inside the top 15, but wasn’t able to make up substantial ground. He held on to finish 13th.
Kasey and the No. 5 team head to Kansas Speedway this weekend sitting 13th in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup championship standings.
To view the full photo gallery, visit the Farmers Racing Facebook page.
- 10.02.2016 : Troy Lee Designed Porsche | Stuttgart, Germany
- 09.02.2016 : TLD Re-signs Brandon Semenuk | Corona, CA
- 06.02.2016 : Phoenix Race Report | Phoenix, AZ
- 30.01.2016 : Oakland SX Race Report | Oakland, CA
- 23.01.2016 : Race Report Anaheim 2 | Anaheim, CA
- 16.01.2016 : Race Report San Diego 1 | San Diego, CA
- 15.01.2016 : Update On Jessy Nelson's Practice Crash | Corona, CA
- 09.01.2016 : TLDs Jessy Nelson Starts Off in Championship Hunt | Anaheim, CA
- 09.01.2016 : TLDs Cole Seely Races to Podium Finish at Season Opener | Anaheim, CA
- 01.01.2016 : TLD And FMF Factory KTM Offroad Partner | Corona, CA