Kahne Finishes 13th at the Monster Mile
NASCAR - Dover, DE
As the race got underway, Kasey overcame an initial tight-handling condition early in the race to run 17th by Lap 35, which was when the first caution period of the race. Kasey stopped for four tires, fuel and a quick chassis adjustment and restarted 18th on Lap 42.
A long green-flag period unfolded, and Kasey climbed to 12th by Lap 121. Crew Chief Kenny Francis radioed to Kasey to let him know he was clocking fast lap times, and despite the reoccurrence of the tight-handling condition, he held steady in the top 14. Kasey took advantage of a Lap 164 caution period to pit for four tires, fuel and another chassis adjustment.
The No. 5 team improved two spots to 12th before a Lap 226 caution period afforded another opportunity for tweaks to the Farmers Insurance Chevy SS. With another set of Goodyear tires, fuel and adjustments, Kasey returned to the track in 14th and reported his No. 5 Chevy SS felt good.
Despite battling a potential mechanical issue towards the end of the race, Kasey ran inside the top 15, but wasn’t able to make up substantial ground. He held on to finish 13th.
Kasey and the No. 5 team head to Kansas Speedway this weekend sitting 13th in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup championship standings.
To view the full photo gallery, visit the Farmers Racing Facebook page.
- 22.08.2014 : Northern Notes: Canada Wins - Facciotti Goes to Utah | Motocross - Ontario, Canada
- 22.08.2014 : Cam Zink's Backflip Sets Guinness World Record | MTB Freeride - Mammoth Lakes, CA
- 21.08.2014 : Where Are They Now - Cam Zink | MTB Freeride - Mammoth Lakes, CA
- 21.08.2014 : Colton Facciotti To Fill-In For TLD / Lucas Oil / MAVTV / Honda's Malcolm Stewart | AMA Motocross - Corona, CA
- 20.08.2014 : Will Power Dominates at The Milwaukee Mile 2014 | IndyCar - Milwaukee, WI
- 20.08.2014 : Raceline Pirelli Suzuki Back on Track for Gladstone | Motocross - Gladstone, Queensland, Australia
- 20.08.2014 : Rain Check: Jessy Nelson Grabs His First Moto Win | AMA Motocross - Crawfordsville, IN
- 19.08.2014 : Team Target Claims Two Top-Five Finishes at Milwaukee 2014 | IndyCar - Milwaukee, WI
- 19.08.2014 : Semenuk Becomes Most Decorated Athlete in Crankworx Slopestyle History | Freeride MTB - Whistler, Canada
- 18.08.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Score First National Motocross Win in Indiana Mud | AMA Motocross - Crawfordsville, IN