Kahne Charges to 3rd Top Ten Finish In A Row - Finishes 9th In California
NASCAR - Fontana, CA
Opening the 200-lap event in Fontana, Calif., from the 16th position, Kahne reported a tight-handling condition during the opening six laps of the race. But, patience seemed to be the key as Kahne improved to 14th and radioed to Crew Chief Kenny Francis that his No. 5 Farmers Insurance Chevrolet SS was feeling better by Lap 12.
When the caution flag waved on Lap 29, Kahne hit pit road for fuel, four tires and an air pressure adjustment to alleviate an alternating tight- and loose-handling condition. A caution came out on lap 37 for fluid on the track, but it wasn’t soon enough for Kahne as he sustained right-side damage after slipping in the oil and making contact with the wall. During the yellow-flag period, the No. 5 team quickly formulated a plan to repair the damage while fueling and providing four new tires for the Chevy SS. Kahne made three stops under yellow including one for a left-front shock adjustment. Back on the track, Kahne maintained his spot on the lead lap and lined up for the Lap 42 restart in the 35th position.
The multiple stops in the pits didn’t result in a setback for the Farmers team as Kahne improved to 11th by Lap 64 despite a tight-handling condition. He cracked the top 10 on Lap 80 and under caution on Lap 90, Francis and the No. 5 team addressed a loose-handling condition as Kahne made a stop while running seventh. The No. 5 team decided against pitting during a late-race caution and lined up fourth for the Lap 174 restart.
Kahne improved to second place before the caution flag came out again within two laps. Running 10th, Kahne made one final stop under caution with 15 laps to go for fuel, four tires and an air pressure adjustment. He lined up 13th for the Lap 189 restart and held on to cross the finish line in ninth.
Kahne and the Farmers Insurance team maintain their seventh-place spot in the point standings.
- 12.09.2014 : Healing Hancock Fights Back | Speedway - Vojens, Denmark
- 11.09.2014 : Juan Pablo Montoya Excited About 2015 IndyCar Potential | IndyCar
- 11.09.2014 : Catching Up With Nathan Bles 2014 | Motocross - Canada
- 10.09.2014 : Between The Motos: Tyler Keefe | Motocross/Supercross - Racer X Interview
- 09.09.2014 : Race Recap: Toby Price's 2014 Season | Off-Road - Australia
- 09.09.2014 : Women on Bikes Series - Leigh Donovan | MTB - Life on Two Wheels Interview
- 09.09.2014 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Signs Amateur Standout Sean Cantrell | Corona, CA
- 08.09.2014 : Interview: Luca Cometti | MTB MAG Interview
- 08.09.2014 : Red Bull District Ride: Victory of Brandon Semenuk | Freeride MTB - Nuremberg, Germany
- 05.09.2014 : Competition Eliminator: Johnny Greaves Delivers Big In 2014 | TORC - Crandon, WI