Jones Earns First WORCS Pro Podium
WORCS - Primm, NV
In Justin Jones' first official WORCS season as a Pro, he has officially gained a taste of podium success. Although Jones hasn't spent much time in the Pro ranks, it has been a long time coming for the off-road racer who has put in a tremendous amount of effort into his program.
"After round one in Arizona, I got my nerves out of the way and I realized what stood ahead of me. I came into Primm with confidence and excitement," Jones expressed.
After working with mechanic Robbie Goolsby on Saturday to get the bike dialed, Jones jumped on the start line Sunday ready to take on the rough, sandy course. Jones had a rough start in the chaotic Pro/Pro 2 mix and knew he had his work cut out for him as he had to begin moving up from the back of the pack. Lap by lap Jones put down sturdy lap times on his FMF/KTM/RPM/Bonanza Plumbing Maxxis powered KTM. Moving his way past Bobby Garrison and Ryan Abbatoye, Jones solidified himself into third overall for the few final laps; taking the checkers for his first-ever Pro podium in just his second attempt in the Pro ranks.
Big thanks goes out to Bonanza Plumbing for their team efforts in supporting us and making this successful weekend podium a possibility.
Jones now sits 4th in points and you can see the full results HERE.
- 23.09.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Hosts Successful Wheels 4 Life Fundraiser | Company - Laguna Beach, CA
- 23.09.2015 : That Winning Feeling: Jessy Nelson Talks USGP Victory | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 22.09.2015 : 250 Words: Troy’s Boys On Glen Helen USGP | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 21.09.2015 : Gritty USGP Performance For Kirk Gibbs | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 21.09.2015 : Troy Lee Designs on Top of the World at Glen Helen USGP | Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 18.09.2015 : Billy Laninovich - Molding Tomorrow’s Racers | Motocross - TWMX Interview
- 15.09.2015 : Daniel Sanders On Top of the World in ISDE E3 Division | Enduro - Kosice, Slovakia
- 14.09.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Launches All New Adventure Line For 2016 | Company - Corona, CA
- 11.09.2015 : Unsung Hero: Derek Schuster | Motocross - Canada
- 08.09.2015 : Count Me In - Jessy Nelson Talks MXGP Of USA | MXGP - Glen Helen, CA