Jones Earns First WORCS Pro Podium
WORCS - Primm, NV
In Justin Jones' first official WORCS season as a Pro, he has officially gained a taste of podium success. Although Jones hasn't spent much time in the Pro ranks, it has been a long time coming for the off-road racer who has put in a tremendous amount of effort into his program.
"After round one in Arizona, I got my nerves out of the way and I realized what stood ahead of me. I came into Primm with confidence and excitement," Jones expressed.
After working with mechanic Robbie Goolsby on Saturday to get the bike dialed, Jones jumped on the start line Sunday ready to take on the rough, sandy course. Jones had a rough start in the chaotic Pro/Pro 2 mix and knew he had his work cut out for him as he had to begin moving up from the back of the pack. Lap by lap Jones put down sturdy lap times on his FMF/KTM/RPM/Bonanza Plumbing Maxxis powered KTM. Moving his way past Bobby Garrison and Ryan Abbatoye, Jones solidified himself into third overall for the few final laps; taking the checkers for his first-ever Pro podium in just his second attempt in the Pro ranks.
Big thanks goes out to Bonanza Plumbing for their team efforts in supporting us and making this successful weekend podium a possibility.
Jones now sits 4th in points and you can see the full results HERE.
- 28.08.2014 : Unsung Hero: Fredrik Noren on the 2014 MX Season | AMA Motocross - RacerX Interview
- 27.08.2014 : Micky Dymond to Race 2nd Annual AMA Sturgis Supermoto Race | Supermoto - Sturgis, SD
- 27.08.2014 : Colton Facciotti Discusses Utah And Latvia | Motocross - Canada
- 26.08.2014 : Ken Block Takes 2nd at GRC Daytona and Moves Into 2nd In the Championship | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 26.08.2014 : Chaz Mostert 'Rains' Supreme At Sydney Motorsport Park 400 | V8 Supercars - Sydney, Australia
- 26.08.2014 : Cole Seely Signs With American Honda | Supercross and Motocross - Torrance, CA
- 26.08.2014 : Dany Torres Takes 2nd In Red Bull X-Fighters Pretoria | FMX - Pretoria, South Africa
- 25.08.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Closes Outdoor Season in Utah | AMA Motocross - Tooele, UT
- 25.08.2014 : New Factory Honda Rider Cole Seely Signs Multi-Year Deal With TLD | AMA Motocross - Corona, CA
- 25.08.2014 : Dixon Claims Second Win of the Season at Sonoma | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA