Jones Earns First WORCS Pro Podium
WORCS - Primm, NV
In Justin Jones' first official WORCS season as a Pro, he has officially gained a taste of podium success. Although Jones hasn't spent much time in the Pro ranks, it has been a long time coming for the off-road racer who has put in a tremendous amount of effort into his program.
"After round one in Arizona, I got my nerves out of the way and I realized what stood ahead of me. I came into Primm with confidence and excitement," Jones expressed.
After working with mechanic Robbie Goolsby on Saturday to get the bike dialed, Jones jumped on the start line Sunday ready to take on the rough, sandy course. Jones had a rough start in the chaotic Pro/Pro 2 mix and knew he had his work cut out for him as he had to begin moving up from the back of the pack. Lap by lap Jones put down sturdy lap times on his FMF/KTM/RPM/Bonanza Plumbing Maxxis powered KTM. Moving his way past Bobby Garrison and Ryan Abbatoye, Jones solidified himself into third overall for the few final laps; taking the checkers for his first-ever Pro podium in just his second attempt in the Pro ranks.
Big thanks goes out to Bonanza Plumbing for their team efforts in supporting us and making this successful weekend podium a possibility.
Jones now sits 4th in points and you can see the full results HERE.
- 24.05.2013 : Troy Lee Designs Pre-Race Report: Indianapolis 500 | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 22.05.2013 : Panther Ends Eventful Pole Day with Hildebrand 10th | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 20.05.2013 : Alise Post Repeats Her USAC Title | BMX - Chula Vista, CA
- 20.05.2013 : Graffunder Puts Husqvarna In Top Five at Barcelona X Games | Endurocross - Barcelona, Spain
- 20.05.2013 : Servia Successfully Qualifies for the Indianapolis 500 | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 20.05.2013 : Race Rewind: Malcolm Stewart’s Hangtown National | MotoXAddicts Interview
- 20.05.2013 : Troy Lee Designs Kicks Off Summer at Hangtown MX | AMA Motocross - Sacramento, CA
- 17.05.2013 : 'Little' Brother Goes Big | VurbMoto Interview
- 16.05.2013 : Ricky and Luke Johnson Both Victorious at Eldora Speedway | TORC - Rossburg, OH
- 16.05.2013 : Catching Up With: Blake Savage | DMX Interview