John Hopkins Injury Update
MotoGP - World Championship
Following his crash at the Brno GP last weekend John Hopkins has had surgery on the third finger of his right hand to correct a break and dislocation. Fractures to his first and second fingers required no special treatment and are healing in the normal way.
Jack Valentine, team manager:
"John flew home to the States immediately after the accident and his surgeon assessed the damage then operated on the third finger.
"John is now relaxing at home and on the recommendation of his surgeon is undertaking all the usual rehabilitation treatments like hyperbaric chamber sessions. The aim is for John to come back 100% fit; his goal and that of Samsung Crescent Racing is still to win the 2011 BSB Championship.
"Early next week we should be in a better position to report on how the injury is progressing, but for now we understand all is going to plan and we can look forward to seeing 'Hopper' back on the grid soon."
- 22.04.2015 : Alise Post Grabs 2nd at Manchester BMX | BMX - Manchester, England
- 21.04.2015 : Scott Dixon wins Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 21.04.2015 : CGRT Claims SportsCar Showcase Runner-Up Finish in Long Beach | SportsCar - Long Beach, CA
- 21.04.2015 : Lusty / TLD / KTM Riders Excel In A Tough Hedley Round | Off-Road - Victoria, Australia
- 20.04.2015 : 'My Weekend Was…' With Cole Seely - Santa Clara SX Recap | AMA Supercross - Santa Clara, CA
- 20.04.2015 : The Play-By-Play of Shane McElrath’s Race Day in Santa Clara | AMA Supercross - Santa Clara, CA
- 16.04.2015 : Chip Ganassi Racing Report: Indy Grand Prix of Louisiana | IndyCar - Avondale, LA
- 15.04.2015 : Team Penske's Castroneves Podiums in Louisiana | IndyCar - Avondale, LA
- 14.04.2015 : Lusty Industries / KTM’s Gibbs Shows His Mettle To Extend Nationals Lead | Motocross - Sydney, Australia
- 14.04.2015 : Kasey Kahne Finishes 8th At Texas | NASCAR - Fort Worth, TX