John Hopkins Injury Update
MotoGP - World Championship
Following his crash at the Brno GP last weekend John Hopkins has had surgery on the third finger of his right hand to correct a break and dislocation. Fractures to his first and second fingers required no special treatment and are healing in the normal way.
Jack Valentine, team manager:
"John flew home to the States immediately after the accident and his surgeon assessed the damage then operated on the third finger.
"John is now relaxing at home and on the recommendation of his surgeon is undertaking all the usual rehabilitation treatments like hyperbaric chamber sessions. The aim is for John to come back 100% fit; his goal and that of Samsung Crescent Racing is still to win the 2011 BSB Championship.
"Early next week we should be in a better position to report on how the injury is progressing, but for now we understand all is going to plan and we can look forward to seeing 'Hopper' back on the grid soon."
- 19.08.2014 : Team Target Claims Two Top-Five Finishes at Milwaukee 2014 | IndyCar - Milwaukee, WI
- 19.08.2014 : Semenuk Becomes Most Decorated Athlete in Crankworx Slopestyle History | Freeride MTB - Whistler, Canada
- 18.08.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Score First National Motocross Win in Indiana Mud | AMA Motocross - Crawfordsville, IN
- 15.08.2014 : Interview: Curtis Keene Speaks on Racing, His Career and More | Enduro - Whistler, Canada
- 15.08.2014 : Inside the Mind of Whistler's Brandon Semenuk | Freeride MTB - Interview
- 12.08.2014 : TLD / MavTV / Honda's Malcolm Stewart Continues Road to Recovery | AMA Motocross - Corona, CA
- 11.08.2014 : Open Mic: Fredrik Noren After Unadilla | AMA Motocross - New Berlin, NY
- 11.08.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Descends on Unadilla | AMA Motocross - New Berlin, NY
- 07.08.2014 : Greaves Motorsports Strong In Buffalo Chip Debut With 6 Podiums | TORC - Sturgis, ND
- 07.08.2014 : Chris Holder: Tough In The Rough | Speedway - Australia