John Hopkins Injury Update
MotoGP - World Championship
Following his crash at the Brno GP last weekend John Hopkins has had surgery on the third finger of his right hand to correct a break and dislocation. Fractures to his first and second fingers required no special treatment and are healing in the normal way.
Jack Valentine, team manager:
"John flew home to the States immediately after the accident and his surgeon assessed the damage then operated on the third finger.
"John is now relaxing at home and on the recommendation of his surgeon is undertaking all the usual rehabilitation treatments like hyperbaric chamber sessions. The aim is for John to come back 100% fit; his goal and that of Samsung Crescent Racing is still to win the 2011 BSB Championship.
"Early next week we should be in a better position to report on how the injury is progressing, but for now we understand all is going to plan and we can look forward to seeing 'Hopper' back on the grid soon."
- 17.10.2014 : Vinny Nuzzolilli AMA Pro Hillclimb Unlimited Champion | Pro Hillclimb - Oregonia, OH
- 13.10.2014 : Greg Hancock Is 2014 Speedway World Champion | Speedway - Torun, Poland
- 06.10.2014 : Jessy Nelson 3rd at Red Bull Straight Rhythm 2014 | Race Team - Pomona, CA
- 03.10.2014 : Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Signs Darryn Durham | Race Team - Corona, CA
- 03.10.2014 : 32 Riders to Compete in Red Bull Straight Rhythm at Fairplex on October 4 | Supercross - Pomona, CA
- 03.10.2014 : Vildosola Racing Leads the SCORE International Championship | SCORE - Imperial Valley, CA
- 03.10.2014 : Darryn Durham - Back In Orange And Black | Race Team
- 01.10.2014 : Brandon Semenuk is the FMB Overall Champion | Freeride MTB - Virgin, UT
- 29.09.2014 : Willoughby and Pajon Victorious at Chula Vista BMX | BMX - Chula Vista, CA
- 12.09.2014 : Healing Hancock Fights Back | Speedway - Vojens, Denmark