Joe Smith 2nd, Matt Simmonds 4th at British National Champs
MTB - Llangynog, North Wales
Only the current World Cup leader, Gee Atherton, was able to go faster than Joe on the best downhill track we’ve seen for a long time, which had everything – it was fast, technical, and had jumps and multiple lines. The track was a real test for all and a great venue for the most prestigious British race.
Matt Simmonds also had a great ride continuing his top form placing fourth, only one second behind Joe on a 3 ½ minute track, putting both Chain Reaction Cycles/Nukeproof riders on the podium. This just shows how well the team is doing this season and that our Nukeproof Pulse bikes are more than capable of delivering the goods at the very top level.
Team Manager Nigel Page said: “There is no rest for the wicked though or time to celebrate as the team leaves for the long trip to Andorra for the third round of the UCI World Cup this weekend.
“Let’s hope we have a bit of lady luck to go with the riders’ current form and hopefully Joe, Matt and Sam Hill will get the results we are chasing.”
- 17.10.2014 : Vinny Nuzzolilli AMA Pro Hillclimb Unlimited Champion | Pro Hillclimb - Oregonia, OH
- 13.10.2014 : Greg Hancock Is 2014 Speedway World Champion | Speedway - Torun, Poland
- 06.10.2014 : Jessy Nelson 3rd at Red Bull Straight Rhythm 2014 | Race Team - Pomona, CA
- 03.10.2014 : Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Signs Darryn Durham | Race Team - Corona, CA
- 03.10.2014 : 32 Riders to Compete in Red Bull Straight Rhythm at Fairplex on October 4 | Supercross - Pomona, CA
- 03.10.2014 : Vildosola Racing Leads the SCORE International Championship | SCORE - Imperial Valley, CA
- 03.10.2014 : Darryn Durham - Back In Orange And Black | Race Team
- 01.10.2014 : Brandon Semenuk is the FMB Overall Champion | Freeride MTB - Virgin, UT
- 29.09.2014 : Willoughby and Pajon Victorious at Chula Vista BMX | BMX - Chula Vista, CA
- 12.09.2014 : Healing Hancock Fights Back | Speedway - Vojens, Denmark