Joanis Takes on New Challenges with ISOC
Snocross - Cochrane, Ontario, Canada
Dave Joanis is continuing his dream with snocross and has moved up to the national tour this year with the International Series of Champions (ISOC).
“I am now racing the pro open class in the ISOC series,” said Joanis. “It is the biggest circuit in America, if not worldwide. I still race for Royal Distributing and have joined with Christian Brothers Arctic Cat. It is a great opportunity.”
For those that know snocross, the ISOC is the highest level you can race in, so for Joanis it is a dream come true. With the new challenge, also comes some hardship, such as striving harder to make the podium.
“So far I have only managed to get a couple of top ten finishes,” said Joanis. “It is the highest level of racing you can possibly be in for snocross so it's been pretty tough so far and it will take a bit of time to get in the top five even top three, but I know it's possible.”
With only a few races under his belt this season, Joanis is keeping his positive attitude and working hard to break into the top.
This past weekend he competed in the Canterbury Park Traxxas Snocross in Shakopee, MN.
“Canterbury was a tough track. It was long and you really had to hit your marks to put in good laps,” explained Joanis. “Our Royal Distributing/Arctic Cat was working great and all in all we had a good weekend. There’s a lot of time before the next race so we’ll be ready. Our next race is at the end of the month, Jan. 23-25 in Aspen, Colorado for X games.”
After tallying his highest Pro Open finish to date at the last race in Bessemer, Michigan, Joanis won the LCQ and put the Royal Distributing/Arctic Cat on the back row for the start of the main on Friday. Joanis got tied up with another sled during round two of heats on Saturday but had to pull out of the LCQ because his snowmobile was too badly damaged to be repaired in time.
“My goals for this season are to finish in the top ten in points and have a few top five finishes, if not top three. To look at my stats and learn about other races you can either go on isocracing.com or christianbrosracing.com. You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.”
- 22.04.2015 : Alise Post Grabs 2nd at Manchester BMX | BMX - Manchester, England
- 21.04.2015 : Scott Dixon wins Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 21.04.2015 : CGRT Claims SportsCar Showcase Runner-Up Finish in Long Beach | SportsCar - Long Beach, CA
- 21.04.2015 : Lusty / TLD / KTM Riders Excel In A Tough Hedley Round | Off-Road - Victoria, Australia
- 20.04.2015 : 'My Weekend Was…' With Cole Seely - Santa Clara SX Recap | AMA Supercross - Santa Clara, CA
- 20.04.2015 : The Play-By-Play of Shane McElrath’s Race Day in Santa Clara | AMA Supercross - Santa Clara, CA
- 16.04.2015 : Chip Ganassi Racing Report: Indy Grand Prix of Louisiana | IndyCar - Avondale, LA
- 15.04.2015 : Team Penske's Castroneves Podiums in Louisiana | IndyCar - Avondale, LA
- 14.04.2015 : Lusty Industries / KTM’s Gibbs Shows His Mettle To Extend Nationals Lead | Motocross - Sydney, Australia
- 14.04.2015 : Kasey Kahne Finishes 8th At Texas | NASCAR - Fort Worth, TX