Jeff Ward toughs out a podium spot at Supermoto Round 2
XTRM / AMA Supermoto - Sonoma, CA
Jeff Ward came into the second round of the XTRM Supermoto series leading the points chase. The eight-time AMA champion is no stranger to that position.
He's also no stranger to riding injured and he would have to do it again at Infineon Raceway. Ward crashed hard during a practice session at a local motocross track a week ago and limped away with a broken bone in his right ankle and a broken toe on his left foot.
Jeff taped himself together and recorded good lap times during practice. In the final he completed the first lap just outside the top five and began marching his way to the front. When the checkered flag dropped Mark Burkhart had won, Sylvain Bidart was second and Ward was third. His gritty ride leaves him tied for the points lead with Mark Burkhart going into round three in Las Vegas in two weeks.
Troy Lee Designs 250 rider, Joey Pascarella, dislocated his wrist in a practice incident and will be out of action until later this summer. Jeff Ward's son, Brandon, put in the best ride of his career by finishing fourth in the 250 final. Brandon is looking better and better each time out and should find himself on the podium before the year is out.
The Troy Lee Designs crew will be hard at work in Sacramento, California competing in the Lucas Oil Motocross Championships on Saturday May 30th and in Las Vegas at the South Point Hotel and Casino on May 31st for round three of the XTRM Supermoto series.
For more information, visit: www.amaproracing.com
- 29.06.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Riders Endure Weather As Season Hits Halfway Point | AMA Pro Motocross - Mechanicsville, MD
- 29.06.2015 : TLD’s Noren Bounces Back For Solid Moto 2 Finish at Budds Creek | AMA Pro Motocross - Mechanicsville, MD
- 26.06.2015 : Scott Dixon Looks to Complete Career California Track Sweep | IndyCar - Fontana, CA
- 23.06.2015 : Ward Wins Pole and Takes 4th in Red Bull GRC Debut at Daytona | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 23.06.2015 : Block Takes 2nd at Rd 3 of 2015 Red Bull GRC Season in Daytona | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 18.06.2015 : Podium Finish for Dempsey and Long at Le Mans | Auto Racing - Le Mans, France
- 15.06.2015 : TLD's Seely and Noren Earn Top-10 Finishes in Pennsylvania | AMA Pro Motocross - Mt. Morris, PA
- 15.06.2015 : Top-10 Results for TLD’s Nelson and McElrath at High Point National | AMA Pro Motocross - Mt. Morris, PA
- 15.06.2015 : TLD Bike Athletes Go Big at Rd 3 of MTB World Cup DH Series | DH MTB - Leogang, Austria
- 11.06.2015 : Price Sweeps to Fourth Finke Desert Race Win | Off-Road - Northern Territory, Australia