Jeff Ward toughs out a podium spot at Supermoto Round 2
XTRM / AMA Supermoto - Sonoma, CA
Jeff Ward came into the second round of the XTRM Supermoto series leading the points chase. The eight-time AMA champion is no stranger to that position.
He's also no stranger to riding injured and he would have to do it again at Infineon Raceway. Ward crashed hard during a practice session at a local motocross track a week ago and limped away with a broken bone in his right ankle and a broken toe on his left foot.
Jeff taped himself together and recorded good lap times during practice. In the final he completed the first lap just outside the top five and began marching his way to the front. When the checkered flag dropped Mark Burkhart had won, Sylvain Bidart was second and Ward was third. His gritty ride leaves him tied for the points lead with Mark Burkhart going into round three in Las Vegas in two weeks.
Troy Lee Designs 250 rider, Joey Pascarella, dislocated his wrist in a practice incident and will be out of action until later this summer. Jeff Ward's son, Brandon, put in the best ride of his career by finishing fourth in the 250 final. Brandon is looking better and better each time out and should find himself on the podium before the year is out.
The Troy Lee Designs crew will be hard at work in Sacramento, California competing in the Lucas Oil Motocross Championships on Saturday May 30th and in Las Vegas at the South Point Hotel and Casino on May 31st for round three of the XTRM Supermoto series.
For more information, visit: www.amaproracing.com
- 20.05.2013 : Alise Post Repeats Her USAC Title | BMX - Chula Vista, CA
- 20.05.2013 : Graffunder Puts Husqvarna In Top Five at Barcelona X Games | Endurocross - Barcelona, Spain
- 20.05.2013 : Troy Lee Designs Kicks Off Summer at Hangtown MX | AMA Motocross - Sacramento, CA
- 20.05.2013 : Servia Successfully Qualifies for the Indianapolis 500 | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 17.05.2013 : 'Little' Brother Goes Big | VurbMoto Interview
- 16.05.2013 : Ricky and Luke Johnson Both Victorious at Eldora Speedway | TORC - Rossburg, OH
- 16.05.2013 : Catching Up With: Blake Savage | DMX Interview
- 15.05.2013 : Matt Simmonds Takes 3rd at Round 2 of the BDS Fort William | MTB - Fort William, Scotland
- 15.05.2013 : Kahne Battles for Darlington Win and Finishes Race in 17th | NASCAR - Darlington, SC
- 15.05.2013 : Troy Lee Designs Welcomes Malcolm Stewart to the Team | AMA Motocross