Jeff Ward toughs out a podium spot at Supermoto Round 2
XTRM / AMA Supermoto - Sonoma, CA
Jeff Ward came into the second round of the XTRM Supermoto series leading the points chase. The eight-time AMA champion is no stranger to that position.
He's also no stranger to riding injured and he would have to do it again at Infineon Raceway. Ward crashed hard during a practice session at a local motocross track a week ago and limped away with a broken bone in his right ankle and a broken toe on his left foot.
Jeff taped himself together and recorded good lap times during practice. In the final he completed the first lap just outside the top five and began marching his way to the front. When the checkered flag dropped Mark Burkhart had won, Sylvain Bidart was second and Ward was third. His gritty ride leaves him tied for the points lead with Mark Burkhart going into round three in Las Vegas in two weeks.
Troy Lee Designs 250 rider, Joey Pascarella, dislocated his wrist in a practice incident and will be out of action until later this summer. Jeff Ward's son, Brandon, put in the best ride of his career by finishing fourth in the 250 final. Brandon is looking better and better each time out and should find himself on the podium before the year is out.
The Troy Lee Designs crew will be hard at work in Sacramento, California competing in the Lucas Oil Motocross Championships on Saturday May 30th and in Las Vegas at the South Point Hotel and Casino on May 31st for round three of the XTRM Supermoto series.
For more information, visit: www.amaproracing.com
- 18.04.2014 : Leduc Focused On Pro 4 Competition For Lake Elsinore | LOORRS - Lake Elsinore, CA
- 17.04.2014 : Race Rewind: Cole Seely Interview at Seattle SX 2014 | Supercross - MotoXAddicts Interview
- 17.04.2014 : TLD Now Offering FreeWheelin™ Bluetooth® Audio System for Bicycle Helmets | Company - Corona, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Patrick Long Finishes 5th at Long Beach 2014 | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Team Target Comes Up Just Short on the Streets of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Power and Montoya Both Finish In Top-5 at Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Cole Seely Steals a Win in Seattle | Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda in Seattle
- 14.04.2014 : Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas Victorious at Long Beach | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : TLD Athletes Have Exceptional Weekend in Multiple Disciplines and Events | Company - Corona, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Monday Conversation: Cole Seely After Seattle SX | Supercross - Racer X Interview