Jeff Ward to be Honored at Monster Cup!
Legends and Heros Motocross Tour
Jeff Ward was the first motocross rider in history to win every major AMA Motocross National Championship. Throughout his motocross career, Ward stayed loyal to the Kawasaki brand and retired from motocross with 7 national titles, 56 national race wins and having represented the USA 7 times on Motocross Des Nations winning teams.
Following his motocross career, Jeff was inducted into the AMA Hall of Fame. Ward moved to racing cars in the Indy Racing League. He finished 6th in series points in 1998, and won the 2002 race at Texas Motor Speedway. He established a solid reputation at the prestigious Indianapolis 500 as he was 1997 Rookie of the Year with a third place finish and garnered four top five finishes in just seven starts. Ward was also in the 1971 documentary movie "On Any Sunday" starring Steve McQueen.
Tom White of the Early Years of Motocross Museum:
“Jeff Ward is the ultimate racer! No other motorcycle racer has ever matched his seven AMA 125, 250, 500 Outdoor National titles, 250 AMA Supercross Championship, multiple Motocross des Nations wins, and two AMA Supermoto Championships. Then when Jeff moved on to 4 wheels his success continued with honors as 1997 Indy 500 Rookie of the year and Indy 500 career highlights including a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place finish and an Indy Car win in Texas. Any Questions? Didn't think so!”
Alex Moroz Managing partner of the Legends & Heroes Tour:
“Jeff is one of those champions who was blessed with natural talent and had a great race/work ethic. He’s one of the few champs that stayed with one brand while enjoying a great career with Team Green.”
Jeff will be at the Legends & Heroes Tour Moto Museum Saturday afternoon for a “Meet & Greet” with the fans in the Monster Cup pits.
About the Tour:
The Legends & Heroes Motocross Tour is a professional historical display and time-line of America's greatest motorsport. The tour includes the machines and the champs of Motocross. The project was conceived by a dedicated group of Motocross Enthusiasts who, over the years, have discovered the value of the rich 40+ years of Motocross legacy and its impact on the American motorsports history.
“The dedication and passion of the sport has brought the Legends & Heroes Motocross Tour to the next level of sharing this legacy, the history of the machines and men, as well as the women of Motocross. The history of the Classic Iron and its' champions is a dynamic model ever changing. We see this rich history as a great learning lab for all ages” according to Alex Moroz, the tours managing partner.
- 29.07.2015 : TLD / KTM's Toby Price Takes 5th AORC Crown of His Career | AORC - Kyogle, Australia
- 27.07.2015 : Team TLD Riders All Score Top-10 Finishes at Washougal | AMA Pro Motocross - Washougal, WA
- 27.07.2015 : TLD’s Noren Makes It Three Weekends In A Row With Career-Best Finish | AMA Pro Motocross - Washougal, WA
- 27.07.2015 : Interview: Brandon Semenuk and Rupert Walker - Revel In The Chaos | Freeride MTB - Pinkbike Interview
- 24.07.2015 : TLD's Toby Price Could Wrap Up Fifth AORC Crown This Weekend | AORC - Kyogle, Australia
- 24.07.2015 : Sage Karam Earns First-Career Podium At Iowa 2015 | IndyCar - Newton, IA
- 23.07.2015 : TLD’s Noren Backs Up Career Best Result With Seventh Overall | AMA Pro Motocross - Millville, MN
- 20.07.2015 : TLD’s McElrath Breaks Into Top-10 With Impressive Moto 2 Ride | AMA Motocross - Millville, MN
- 20.07.2015 : KTM Strong Man Kirk Gibbs Braves The Pain At Shepparton | Motocross - Victoria, Australia
- 10.07.2015 : TLD/KTM’s Toby Price Picked Up By Red Bull Factory Rally Team | World Motorcycle Rally Championships