Jeff Ward to be Honored at Monster Cup!
Legends and Heros Motocross Tour
Jeff Ward was the first motocross rider in history to win every major AMA Motocross National Championship. Throughout his motocross career, Ward stayed loyal to the Kawasaki brand and retired from motocross with 7 national titles, 56 national race wins and having represented the USA 7 times on Motocross Des Nations winning teams.
Following his motocross career, Jeff was inducted into the AMA Hall of Fame. Ward moved to racing cars in the Indy Racing League. He finished 6th in series points in 1998, and won the 2002 race at Texas Motor Speedway. He established a solid reputation at the prestigious Indianapolis 500 as he was 1997 Rookie of the Year with a third place finish and garnered four top five finishes in just seven starts. Ward was also in the 1971 documentary movie "On Any Sunday" starring Steve McQueen.
Tom White of the Early Years of Motocross Museum:
“Jeff Ward is the ultimate racer! No other motorcycle racer has ever matched his seven AMA 125, 250, 500 Outdoor National titles, 250 AMA Supercross Championship, multiple Motocross des Nations wins, and two AMA Supermoto Championships. Then when Jeff moved on to 4 wheels his success continued with honors as 1997 Indy 500 Rookie of the year and Indy 500 career highlights including a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place finish and an Indy Car win in Texas. Any Questions? Didn't think so!”
Alex Moroz Managing partner of the Legends & Heroes Tour:
“Jeff is one of those champions who was blessed with natural talent and had a great race/work ethic. He’s one of the few champs that stayed with one brand while enjoying a great career with Team Green.”
Jeff will be at the Legends & Heroes Tour Moto Museum Saturday afternoon for a “Meet & Greet” with the fans in the Monster Cup pits.
About the Tour:
The Legends & Heroes Motocross Tour is a professional historical display and time-line of America's greatest motorsport. The tour includes the machines and the champs of Motocross. The project was conceived by a dedicated group of Motocross Enthusiasts who, over the years, have discovered the value of the rich 40+ years of Motocross legacy and its impact on the American motorsports history.
“The dedication and passion of the sport has brought the Legends & Heroes Motocross Tour to the next level of sharing this legacy, the history of the machines and men, as well as the women of Motocross. The history of the Classic Iron and its' champions is a dynamic model ever changing. We see this rich history as a great learning lab for all ages” according to Alex Moroz, the tours managing partner.
- 29.06.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Riders Endure Weather As Season Hits Halfway Point | AMA Pro Motocross - Mechanicsville, MD
- 29.06.2015 : TLD’s Noren Bounces Back For Solid Moto 2 Finish at Budds Creek | AMA Pro Motocross - Mechanicsville, MD
- 26.06.2015 : Scott Dixon Looks to Complete Career California Track Sweep | IndyCar - Fontana, CA
- 23.06.2015 : Ward Wins Pole and Takes 4th in Red Bull GRC Debut at Daytona | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 23.06.2015 : Block Takes 2nd at Rd 3 of 2015 Red Bull GRC Season in Daytona | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 18.06.2015 : Podium Finish for Dempsey and Long at Le Mans | Auto Racing - Le Mans, France
- 15.06.2015 : TLD's Seely and Noren Earn Top-10 Finishes in Pennsylvania | AMA Pro Motocross - Mt. Morris, PA
- 15.06.2015 : Top-10 Results for TLD’s Nelson and McElrath at High Point National | AMA Pro Motocross - Mt. Morris, PA
- 15.06.2015 : TLD Bike Athletes Go Big at Rd 3 of MTB World Cup DH Series | DH MTB - Leogang, Austria
- 11.06.2015 : Price Sweeps to Fourth Finke Desert Race Win | Off-Road - Northern Territory, Australia