Jared Mees Wins Third Career Lima Half-Mile
Flat Track - Lima, OH
"I got a great start and it feels great to get this win," said Mees. "I saw several guys up top on every turn but I decided to stick with my plan and stay low. I got a little better each time I went out and I felt I was finally perfect once the main event came around. I knew I wasn't going to get tired and that I just needed to get through it. It's just so great to have such a strong team behind me, I couldn't have accomplished this without all of their hard work."
It's safe to say Mees knows his way around the pea-gravel oval, as the 2012 Grand National Champion holds 2005 and 2007 main event victories at Lima.
Though Mees won by an impressive 2.663 seconds, his victory wasn't as smooth-sailing as it appeared. In fact, there's a good chance that the Clio, Mich., product wouldn't have earned his 14th overall Grand National victory if it hadn't been for Sammy Halbert's extremely costly bike malfunction on lap 12.
Halbert maintained a massive lead for the entire first half of the race before his South East Harley-Davidson blew up on the backstretch and started smoking, causing the Graham, Wash., native's night to be cut short and result in a lackluster 16th place finish.
After Halbert's mishap, it was Bryan Smith, aboard his Crosley Radio/Villa-Esparza Kawasaki who briefly took control of the lead. Between turns one and two on lap 15, however, Smith went too wide and coughed up the lead to Mees. The rest is history. Mees ripped the lead from Smith and never looked back, earning his first win of the 2014 season and catapulting himself to third in the overall Grand National Championship point standings.
- 22.05.2015 : Fredrik Noren to Fill In for Injured Trey Canard | AMA Pro Motocross - Torrance, CA
- 21.05.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Announces New Distributor in Mexico | Playas De Tijuana, Mexico
- 21.05.2015 : Catching Up With Westen Wrozyna | Interview - Canada
- 19.05.2015 : Scott Dixon Earns Pole Position for 99th Indianapolis 500 | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 19.05.2015 : TLD’s Seely Walks Out of Hangtown with Eyes on Glen Helen | AMA Pro Motocross - Sacramento, CA
- 18.05.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Riders Tackle Round 1 at Hangtown | AMA Pro Motocross - Sacramento, CA
- 13.05.2015 : Mitchell Oldenburg Gets a Shot With Troy Lee Designs | AMA Motocross - Corona, CA
- 12.05.2015 : Willoughby Steals UCI BMX Supercross World Cup Series Lead | BMX - Papendal, Netherlands
- 12.05.2015 : Patrick Butler Joins Lusty Industries Australian Downhill Team | Downhill MTB - NSW, Australia
- 08.05.2015 : Interview with SRAM | TLD Racing's Russell Finsterwald | Cross-Country MTB