Jared Mees Takes 2nd at Castle Rock TT
AMA Pro Flat Track - Castle Rock, WA
AMA Pro Flat Track presented by J&P Cycles stopped in Castle Rock, Washington for Round 6 of the 2013 season. Mack Daddy Racing’s Jeffrey Carver Jr. put in a memorable performance in the Expert Singles class, earning his first ever Grand National Expert victory ahead of Montgomeryville Cycle’s Jared Mees. Stevie Bonsey of Zanotti Racing rounded out the podium.
Mees and Carver ran out front from the start, with Mees gaining the early advantage. Carver, who started the race from pole position, needed just half a lap to oust Mees from the lead position. Mees lost ground to Rod Lake Racing’s Briar Bauman as well, settling into third-place. Bauman gave Carver a run for his money through the first 16 laps, but then crashed his CRF450R and had to pull out of competition. Mees moved into second thanks to Bauman’s incident, and Bonsey benefitted as well, taking over third. Carver was untouchable though, leading every lap of the competition for the win.
"I'm feeling awesome right about now," said Carver. "To come out here and get my first national is just an unbelievable achievement for me, my team and my family. Those are really the people I need to thank the most. I wouldn't be nearly the rider that I am without my team backing me. I have to thank my parents for getting me this far. I even have to thank myself for sticking with it after times got tough."
Don’s Kawasaki’s Henry Wiles came across the finish in fourth nearly two seconds ahead of fifth-place finisher Brad Baker of Specialty Fabrication. Crosley Radio’s Bryan Smith finished sixth and Scott Baker of The Brothers Powersports took seventh.
Baker remains the overall points leader in the GNC Combined standings. Smith moved into second place and Wiles jumped from fifth to third.
AMA Expert Singles Castle Rock TT Results 2013:
1. Jeffrey Carver Jr. (Honda)
2. Jared Mees (Honda)
3. Stevie Bonsey (Honda)
4. Henry Wiles (Honda)
5. Brad Baker (Honda)
6. Bryan Smith (Honda)
7. Scott Baker (Honda)
8. Sammy Halbert (Yamaha)
9. Kenny Coolbeth Jr. (Kawasaki)
10. Michael Martin (Honda)
11. Danny Casey (Honda)
12. Kayl Kolkman (Kawasaki)
13. Scooter Vernon (Honda)
14. Robert Pearson (Honda)
15. Doug Lawrence (Honda)
- 30.03.2015 : Seely Keeps Up Momentum in St. Louis with Fourth Place | AMA Supercross - St. Louis, MO
- 30.03.2015 : Montoya Overpowering in 2015 IndyCar Season-Opening Win | IndyCar - St. Petersburg, FL
- 30.03.2015 : Lusty / TLD / KTM’s Kirk Gibbs Takes The Red Plate at MX Nationals Rd. 1 | MX Nationals - Horsham, Victoria, AUS
- 30.03.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Race Team Competes in the East | AMA Supercross - Corona, CA
- 25.03.2015 : Post Claims 5th Straight Elite Women's U.S. National Champion Title | BMX - Rock Hill, SC
- 25.03.2015 : Christian Brothers Racing Wraps Up 2014-2015 Season At Lake Geneva Snocross | Snocross - Lake Geneva, WI
- 24.03.2015 : TLD’s Seely Makes It Back-To-Back Podium Finishes in Detroit | AMA Supercross - Detroit, MI
- 20.03.2015 : Top 5 for Vildosola Racing in the Polaris RZR Mint 400 | Mint 400 - Las Vegas, NV
- 18.03.2015 : Transworld Motocross Race Series Profile: Max Lee | Motocross - Riverside, CA
- 17.03.2015 : Lusty Industries KTM Team Riders Top 5 at Melbourne Enduro-X | Australian Enduro-X - Melbourne, Australia