James Rispoli Unveils 'Call of Duty: GHOSTS' Helmet for Indianapolis MotoGP
MotoGP - Indianapolis, IN
As the sole American representative in a Moto2 field of 33 riders, James wanted to mark his GP debut with a special racing helmet worthy of the occasion. As an avid gamer who works closely with the Army National Guard James decided to combine the two interests with his paint-scheme based on imagery from the upcoming November 5th release of Call of Duty: GHOSTS. "GHOSTS" is the latest entry in the massively popular Call of Duty franchise which is regarded as one of the top entertainment properties in the world.
Upon reaching out to the Call of Duty team and getting their blessing on the project (along with a hearty "good luck!") James got together with the legendary Troy Lee Designs to begin the creative process. Together Troy Lee and James came up with a scheme which focused on the striking skull graphic perched on the top of his AGV Pista helmet, sure to make an impression at 170mph coming down the front straight. Also featured is a military combat style US flag, the official Call of Duty: GHOSTS logo and a few personal gaming touches from James. Playing mainly on the XBOX platform James had his gamertag "The Rocket7146" painted on the back along with the gaming lingo "pwning n00bz" in a nod to the rabid 40 million strong Call of Duty player base.
Watch the design and painting process as documented by Troy Lee Designs:
"It's an honor to be not only representing the United States in the Indianapolis Grand Prix but also tying in one of the biggest names gaming" said Rispoli. "I love getting with the boys online and unwinding with some Call of Duty and can't wait for the new game to drop. The Troy Lee guys did an amazing job and I can't wait to get out there tomorrow in the race and give it my all."
You can catch James on-track wearing the Call of Duty: GHOSTS helmet tomorrow August 18th at 12:20pm EST for the 25 lap Moto2 race. James would like to thank the Call of Duty team, Troy Lee Designs and AGV/Dainese for working together to make this project come to life. James would also like to call attention to the Call of Duty Endowment (CODE) program which helps find employment for US military veterans.
Sponsors for the event include: Team GP Tech, 1-855-CzaiaLaw.com injury attorney, Canet, Ohlins, Dunlop, Rising Sun Cycles, Motion Pro, Yoyodyne, Motoheaven, Chickenhawk, Pole Position Travel, Roaring Toyz, Four Feathers, Pitbull, Techspec, Thrust, Speedcell, Thermosman, Medical Data Carrier, MotoSpec, Worldwide Bearings, Millennium, Webcam, JE pistons, KWS, VP fuels, Gingerman Raceway and personal sponsors, Monster Energy, AGV/Dainese, Techmounts and Spider Grips
- 28.08.2015 : Oriol Servia to Drive Justin Wilson's No. 25 Car in IndyCar Finale | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 27.08.2015 : Alise Post 1st, Sam Willoughby 3rd at Sweden BMX | BMX - Angelholm, Sweden
- 26.08.2015 : Juan Montoya: Job To Do But With Sadness in Heart | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 24.08.2015 : TLD’s Jessy Nelson Closes 2015 Championship With a Podium in Indiana | AMA Pro Motocross - Crawfordsville, IN
- 24.08.2015 : TLD's Aaron Gwin Clinches 2015 DH MTB World Cup Championship Title | MTB - Val di Sole, Italy
- 21.08.2015 : Semenuk Revels In The Glory Of 3rd Consecutive Red Bull Joyride Win | Freeride MTB - Whistler, Canada
- 20.08.2015 : Gibbs On Verge of Clinching National MX1 Crown | MX Nationals - Australia
- 19.08.2015 : Mountain Biker Brandon Semenuk’s unReal Video: Long Shot Pays Off | Freeride MTB
- 18.08.2015 : TLD’s Jessy Nelson Collects Eighth Top-10 Finish at Utah National | AMA Pro Motocross - Tooele, UT
- 18.08.2015 : TLD’s Noren Starts the Day Strong in Utah | AMA Pro Motocross - Tooele, UT