James Rispoli Unveils 'Call of Duty: GHOSTS' Helmet for Indianapolis MotoGP
MotoGP - Indianapolis, IN
As the sole American representative in a Moto2 field of 33 riders, James wanted to mark his GP debut with a special racing helmet worthy of the occasion. As an avid gamer who works closely with the Army National Guard James decided to combine the two interests with his paint-scheme based on imagery from the upcoming November 5th release of Call of Duty: GHOSTS. "GHOSTS" is the latest entry in the massively popular Call of Duty franchise which is regarded as one of the top entertainment properties in the world.
Upon reaching out to the Call of Duty team and getting their blessing on the project (along with a hearty "good luck!") James got together with the legendary Troy Lee Designs to begin the creative process. Together Troy Lee and James came up with a scheme which focused on the striking skull graphic perched on the top of his AGV Pista helmet, sure to make an impression at 170mph coming down the front straight. Also featured is a military combat style US flag, the official Call of Duty: GHOSTS logo and a few personal gaming touches from James. Playing mainly on the XBOX platform James had his gamertag "The Rocket7146" painted on the back along with the gaming lingo "pwning n00bz" in a nod to the rabid 40 million strong Call of Duty player base.
Watch the design and painting process as documented by Troy Lee Designs:
"It's an honor to be not only representing the United States in the Indianapolis Grand Prix but also tying in one of the biggest names gaming" said Rispoli. "I love getting with the boys online and unwinding with some Call of Duty and can't wait for the new game to drop. The Troy Lee guys did an amazing job and I can't wait to get out there tomorrow in the race and give it my all."
You can catch James on-track wearing the Call of Duty: GHOSTS helmet tomorrow August 18th at 12:20pm EST for the 25 lap Moto2 race. James would like to thank the Call of Duty team, Troy Lee Designs and AGV/Dainese for working together to make this project come to life. James would also like to call attention to the Call of Duty Endowment (CODE) program which helps find employment for US military veterans.
Sponsors for the event include: Team GP Tech, 1-855-CzaiaLaw.com injury attorney, Canet, Ohlins, Dunlop, Rising Sun Cycles, Motion Pro, Yoyodyne, Motoheaven, Chickenhawk, Pole Position Travel, Roaring Toyz, Four Feathers, Pitbull, Techspec, Thrust, Speedcell, Thermosman, Medical Data Carrier, MotoSpec, Worldwide Bearings, Millennium, Webcam, JE pistons, KWS, VP fuels, Gingerman Raceway and personal sponsors, Monster Energy, AGV/Dainese, Techmounts and Spider Grips
- 29.06.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Riders Endure Weather As Season Hits Halfway Point | AMA Pro Motocross - Mechanicsville, MD
- 29.06.2015 : TLD’s Noren Bounces Back For Solid Moto 2 Finish at Budds Creek | AMA Pro Motocross - Mechanicsville, MD
- 26.06.2015 : Scott Dixon Looks to Complete Career California Track Sweep | IndyCar - Fontana, CA
- 23.06.2015 : Ward Wins Pole and Takes 4th in Red Bull GRC Debut at Daytona | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 23.06.2015 : Block Takes 2nd at Rd 3 of 2015 Red Bull GRC Season in Daytona | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 18.06.2015 : Podium Finish for Dempsey and Long at Le Mans | Auto Racing - Le Mans, France
- 15.06.2015 : TLD's Seely and Noren Earn Top-10 Finishes in Pennsylvania | AMA Pro Motocross - Mt. Morris, PA
- 15.06.2015 : Top-10 Results for TLD’s Nelson and McElrath at High Point National | AMA Pro Motocross - Mt. Morris, PA
- 15.06.2015 : TLD Bike Athletes Go Big at Rd 3 of MTB World Cup DH Series | DH MTB - Leogang, Austria
- 11.06.2015 : Price Sweeps to Fourth Finke Desert Race Win | Off-Road - Northern Territory, Australia