Jacobellis conquers dangerous conditions at Winter X
Injuries abound as wet, lumpy snow falls on the X Games
And she delivered the worst kind of snow on an unseasonably balmy Saturday: wet and lumpy, mixed with rain, making fans sponge-like and causing generally fearless extreme athletes to worry about getting down Buttermilk Mountain safely.
Conditions were hazardous to poor, and weather was at least partially responsible for sending two competitors to Aspen Valley Hospital.
But gloominess and danger aside, many stars shone brightly, among them familiar names such as Jacobellis, Holland and White.
Lindsey Jacobellis, in a light snow, streaking to a 25-yard victory in the Snowboarder X competition. She makes a mockery of the competition and earns a second consecutive event victory, and another X Games Gold medal.
Jacobellis surged ahead early and pulled away from the competition with a final time of 110.619.
"This one feels great," Jacobellis said of her victory.
"I mentally prepare better for big events like the X Games and the Olympics," she says, prompting a reporter to recall Jacobellis' hot-dogging crash with a similar lead -- and her humiliating second-place finish -- at the 2006 Turin Games.
Perhaps she'll be able to put that incident to rest at the 2010 Vancouver Games.
- 17.12.2014 : TLD Canada Amateur Profile: Hayden Wolff | Rider Support - Prince George, BC, Canda
- 10.12.2014 : Privateer Profile: Ross Johnson | International - Canada
- 09.12.2014 : Scott Dixon Returns To TCGR for 2015 IndyCar Series | IndyCar Series
- 19.11.2014 : Interview: Troy Lee | Company
- 11.11.2014 : Redmond and Graffunder Take on Ukupacha in Ecuador | Enduro - Ukupacha, Ecuador
- 10.11.2014 : USA Got Hold of Junior Trophy Victory in Argentina | Off-Road - San Juan, Argentina
- 06.11.2014 : Mitchell DeJong Clinches 2014 GRC Lites Championship | Global Rallycross Lites - Las Vegas, NV
- 05.11.2014 : Behind The Scenes with Kiwi Indycar Champ Scott Dixon | IndyCar - New Zealand
- 04.11.2014 : Lusty Industries Opens In New Zealand | Newcastle, NSW Australia
- 03.11.2014 : Runner-Up Finish for ESM Patrón at Shanghai | WEC - Shanghai, China