Jacobellis conquers dangerous conditions at Winter X
Injuries abound as wet, lumpy snow falls on the X Games
And she delivered the worst kind of snow on an unseasonably balmy Saturday: wet and lumpy, mixed with rain, making fans sponge-like and causing generally fearless extreme athletes to worry about getting down Buttermilk Mountain safely.
Conditions were hazardous to poor, and weather was at least partially responsible for sending two competitors to Aspen Valley Hospital.
But gloominess and danger aside, many stars shone brightly, among them familiar names such as Jacobellis, Holland and White.
Lindsey Jacobellis, in a light snow, streaking to a 25-yard victory in the Snowboarder X competition. She makes a mockery of the competition and earns a second consecutive event victory, and another X Games Gold medal.
Jacobellis surged ahead early and pulled away from the competition with a final time of 110.619.
"This one feels great," Jacobellis said of her victory.
"I mentally prepare better for big events like the X Games and the Olympics," she says, prompting a reporter to recall Jacobellis' hot-dogging crash with a similar lead -- and her humiliating second-place finish -- at the 2006 Turin Games.
Perhaps she'll be able to put that incident to rest at the 2010 Vancouver Games.
- 18.04.2014 : Leduc Focused On Pro 4 Competition For Lake Elsinore | LOORRS - Lake Elsinore, CA
- 17.04.2014 : Race Rewind: Cole Seely Interview at Seattle SX 2014 | Supercross - MotoXAddicts Interview
- 17.04.2014 : TLD Now Offering FreeWheelin™ Bluetooth® Audio System for Bicycle Helmets | Company - Corona, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Patrick Long Finishes 5th at Long Beach 2014 | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Team Target Comes Up Just Short on the Streets of Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 15.04.2014 : Power and Montoya Both Finish In Top-5 at Long Beach | IndyCar - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Cole Seely Steals a Win in Seattle | Troy Lee Designs / Lucas Oil / Honda in Seattle
- 14.04.2014 : Scott Pruett and Memo Rojas Victorious at Long Beach | TUSCC - Long Beach, CA
- 14.04.2014 : TLD Athletes Have Exceptional Weekend in Multiple Disciplines and Events | Company - Corona, CA
- 14.04.2014 : Monday Conversation: Cole Seely After Seattle SX | Supercross - Racer X Interview