Jackson Richardson to Join Carlton Dry Honda
Supercross - Australia
The team has announced that Australian Jackson 'Jatz' Richardson will jump on board a Honda CRF250 for the remainder of this year's MX Nationals events, and will contest the 2013 ASX in the 250 class. Richardson, who finished ninth at Toronto's 2013 AMA Supercross round, has not contested an Australian motocross event since 2011. “I haven’t raced motocross in Australia since 2011, so I am looking forward to getting out there and showing what I can do,” said Richardson. “The US has been an amazing experience, I have learnt a lot competing in both the AMA Supercross and AMA Pro Motocross. This opportunity came up at the right time. I had finished my program of events and was due to come home for a break."
Carlton Dry Honda Racing Team Manager, Chris Woods, is excited to having Richardson on board for the remainder of season 2013. “We were aware Jackson was coming home in a break during his US schedule and the Lites position had become available due to Josh succumbing to a wrist injury," explained Woods. “We wanted to get someone on the bike who we could run in both motocross and supercross so the timing was perfect. I’m looking forward to working with Jackson. I’ve been keeping an eye on his results over the last few years and I think he has the speed to run up the front.”
2012 Australian Supercross Lites Champion, Gavin Faith, has also confirmed that he will return to Australia to defend his title with the Carlton Dry Honda Racing outfit. Faith dominated last year's series winning three of the four rounds, to take the crown ahead of Raceline Pirelli Suzuki's Ryan Marmont. The American, who finished fifth Overall in the AMA Supercross Eastern Regional Championship this year, will spend the next month at the Millsaps Training Facility preparing for his return to Australia in early September. “I am really looking forward to coming back to Australia,” said Faith. “I love the country and I am excited that the Australian Supercross Championship is growing. This will be my third time in Australia competing in Supercross and this year I return as the defending champion. I had a good season in the US finishing fifth in the East Coast Championship so I think I will be returning even better prepared this year."
"I looked up Darwin on the internet and it looks like an exciting place to visit," continued Faith. "I really hope I get to see a bit of the region while we are there.”
For an interesting insight into Richardson's background, click here.
- 26.05.2015 : Austin Dillon Dominates Nascar Xfinity Race At Charlotte | NASCAR - Charlotte, NC
- 26.05.2015 : Juan Pablo Montoya Outduels Power To Indianapolis 500 Victory | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 26.05.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM’s Nelson Makes First Podium Appearance at Glen Helen | AMA Pro Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 25.05.2015 : Seely’s Hard Charging Earned the TLD Rider First Top-10 Finish in the 450 Class | AMA Pro Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 22.05.2015 : Fredrik Noren to Fill In for Injured Trey Canard | AMA Pro Motocross - Torrance, CA
- 21.05.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Announces New Distributor in Mexico | Playas De Tijuana, Mexico
- 21.05.2015 : Catching Up With Westen Wrozyna | Interview - Canada
- 19.05.2015 : Scott Dixon Earns Pole Position for 99th Indianapolis 500 | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 19.05.2015 : TLD’s Seely Walks Out of Hangtown with Eyes on Glen Helen | AMA Pro Motocross - Sacramento, CA
- 18.05.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Riders Tackle Round 1 at Hangtown | AMA Pro Motocross - Sacramento, CA