IZOD IndyCar Series 2013 Media Day: Scott Dixon
IndyCar - Birmingham, AL
Driver: Scott Dixon
Team/Car: Target Chip Ganassi Racing. (12th year with the team--longest tenure for a driver in team history)
Career/2012 Season Highlights: Two-time Izod IndyCar Series Champion in 2003 and 2008; winner of the 2008 Indianapolis 500. In 2012, Dixon scored two wins and ended with a third-place finish in the overall standings.
Points from Media Day: A native of Australia and citizen of New Zealand, Dixon begins his 13th season with his racing team. He is tied for 10th place all time (with Rick Mears) for the most career Indy Car wins and talks often of the legacy he wants to leave behind.
"Last year, we had lots of ups and downs. There were a lot of places where we could have improved. We were close, but we were not where we wanted to be. It's always easy to look back, but now we've got to focus on this year."
"We worked really hard, but you never really see until you get into the season. This year, we want to make up some points and refuel a little bit."
"This track ... it's a lot of fun. It's got lots of elevation, blind curves."
"I've had a very successful career already, and I don't want to stop now. I want to go for records and achieve as much as I can. I've had many dreams come true, and in motorsports it's very hard to look a year or two down the road because it can change within a matter of months. At the moment, my next couple of years is doing this. Maybe down the road I'd like to get involved in racing from a business aspect, but at the moment I'm focused on being a driver."
- 22.05.2015 : Fredrik Noren to Fill In for Injured Trey Canard | AMA Pro Motocross - Torrance, CA
- 21.05.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Announces New Distributor in Mexico | Playas De Tijuana, Mexico
- 21.05.2015 : Catching Up With Westen Wrozyna | Interview - Canada
- 19.05.2015 : Scott Dixon Earns Pole Position for 99th Indianapolis 500 | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 19.05.2015 : TLD’s Seely Walks Out of Hangtown with Eyes on Glen Helen | AMA Pro Motocross - Sacramento, CA
- 18.05.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Riders Tackle Round 1 at Hangtown | AMA Pro Motocross - Sacramento, CA
- 13.05.2015 : Mitchell Oldenburg Gets a Shot With Troy Lee Designs | AMA Motocross - Corona, CA
- 12.05.2015 : Willoughby Steals UCI BMX Supercross World Cup Series Lead | BMX - Papendal, Netherlands
- 12.05.2015 : Patrick Butler Joins Lusty Industries Australian Downhill Team | Downhill MTB - NSW, Australia
- 08.05.2015 : Interview with SRAM | TLD Racing's Russell Finsterwald | Cross-Country MTB