IZOD IndyCar Series 2013 Media Day: Scott Dixon
IndyCar - Birmingham, AL
Driver: Scott Dixon
Team/Car: Target Chip Ganassi Racing. (12th year with the team--longest tenure for a driver in team history)
Career/2012 Season Highlights: Two-time Izod IndyCar Series Champion in 2003 and 2008; winner of the 2008 Indianapolis 500. In 2012, Dixon scored two wins and ended with a third-place finish in the overall standings.
Points from Media Day: A native of Australia and citizen of New Zealand, Dixon begins his 13th season with his racing team. He is tied for 10th place all time (with Rick Mears) for the most career Indy Car wins and talks often of the legacy he wants to leave behind.
"Last year, we had lots of ups and downs. There were a lot of places where we could have improved. We were close, but we were not where we wanted to be. It's always easy to look back, but now we've got to focus on this year."
"We worked really hard, but you never really see until you get into the season. This year, we want to make up some points and refuel a little bit."
"This track ... it's a lot of fun. It's got lots of elevation, blind curves."
"I've had a very successful career already, and I don't want to stop now. I want to go for records and achieve as much as I can. I've had many dreams come true, and in motorsports it's very hard to look a year or two down the road because it can change within a matter of months. At the moment, my next couple of years is doing this. Maybe down the road I'd like to get involved in racing from a business aspect, but at the moment I'm focused on being a driver."
- 07.03.2014 : Servia to Race Select Races with Rahal Letterman Lanigan | IndyCar - Brownsburg, IN
- 06.03.2014 : Interview: Cole Seely - Replacement Killer | Supercross - TWMX Interview
- 05.03.2014 : Where Are They Now - Dave Cullinan | MTB - Interview
- 05.03.2014 : Troy Lee Designs' Malcolm Stewart to Race Daytona Supercross | Supercross - Corona, CA
- 04.03.2014 : Herfindahl and Joanis Win Pro Finals In Cross-Country and Snocross | Snocross - Warroad, MN
- 03.03.2014 : Honda Red Riders Crowd the Podium in Indianapolis | AMA Supercross - Indianapolis, IN
- 03.03.2014 : SCORE San Felipe 250 Victory Marks Historic Feat For Vildosola Racing | Off-Road - San Felipe, Mexico
- 28.02.2014 : SRAM Announces Formation of SRAM / Troy Lee Designs Mountain Bike Team | Chicago, IL
- 27.02.2014 : Interview: TLD Enduro Rider Bryan Regnier | MTB - France
- 27.02.2014 : Seely Joins Team Honda Muscle Milk in Indianapolis | Supercross - Torrance, CA