Introducing: Morgane Charre
Dirt Mountain Bike Magazine Interview
We know that 2012 Downhill World Champion Morgane Charre is fast on a bike. But what makes her tick? When is she happiest? What’s her greatest fear? Which riders does she admire? And is a homemade lasagna really her favorite meal?!
We’ve got a more in depth interview with Morgane coming soon, so stay peeled for that.
Who is Morgane Charre?
A girl who rides bikes.
Where do you live?
It depends…but in general, I live in the Alps (currently near La Clusaz).
What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
To sit and monitor something like 1000 identical electronic parts with a microscope all day.
Where’s your favorite place?
At the summit of a mountain.
Where’s your favorite place to ride?
It’s hard to choose just one place, but there is a little trail just behind my parent’s house that I really love. It’s just a footpath but with natural corners and jumps that are really fun! I think I’ve ridden it hundreds of times!
When are you happiest?
Biking or skiing at an unknown spot with my mates.
What makes you angry?
To be at work when the sun is shining outside.
What makes you happy?
Travelling, riding, sharing feelings with friends, going to bed after a huge day.
What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
Fight for your dreams.
What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever given?
It’s a really basic thing but when a kid asked me to give him some advice, I just told him to never forget that the most important thing that should make him ride MTB is the pleasure.
What are your extravagances?
Living in caravans or vans most of the time.
Who do you admire?
What’s the most important thing in your life?
People that I love.
What would you never throw away?
I have a lucky t-shirt that I wore at every race this year and I think I’ll never throw it away!
What’s your greatest fear?
To be paralyzed.
What was your luckiest find?
Last year, just before the Fort William World Cup. I was with my boyfriend, Hugues, and the Mavic boys (Ludo & Alexis) and went to visit Loch Ness. We decided to go for a ride with our enduro bikes with no idea of where were we going but we found an amazing trail! I think that was the best session of my life, the trail was incredibly fun! Now I think we were really lucky to accidentally find a trail like this!
What’s the first thing you do in the morning?
Look at the window, and check the weather.
What’s the last thing you do at night?
I kiss my man.
What would be your dream meal?
What things do you always carry with you?
My phone and iPod.
Do you have any regrets?
Yes…but I try to look forward.
What’s the most important lesson that you’ve learnt?
Not everybody is kind.
If you could have dinner with three famous people (dead or alive) who would they be?
A dinner with my grandparents…and maybe a 2nd with Stephane Brosse and Kilian Jornet.
Who is your favorite rider?
Joe Barnes, Matt Miles (from SilviaFilms) or Sam Hill…can’t choose!
What’s your favorite bike product of all time?
For me, enduro bikes are the greatest thing! These bikes are so fun! But if I had to choose only one part, it would be my flat plastic pedals.
What’s your least favorite bike product of all time?
What’s your favorite motto or saying?
“We are our dreams. If we don’t dream, we are no longer alive.”
What saying do you use too much?
“c’est juste FOU” “or “On est pas mal là!” (Google Translator says:”it’s just CRAZY! or “It is not wrong there!:)”
What bike are you riding at the moment?
My old BMX (Twenty bikes)…waiting for my new toys!
What was the last magazine you read?
Not really an original answer but honestly it was Dirt!
What are you listening to at the moment?
Icona Pop, Bat For Lashes, Digitalism…
What one thing would you change about yourself?
My chocolate addiction.
What are your weaknesses?
What does the future hold for you?
I hope it will be something like: More travels, new trails, better results, improve my skills and have even more fun on my bike.
What does the future hold for mountain biking?
I think the mountain bike level will keep on growing and there will be more and more girls riding! Maybe DH will get more media coverage.
How would you like to be remembered?
A girl who did what she wanted to do.
- 29.07.2015 : TLD / KTM's Toby Price Takes 5th AORC Crown of His Career | AORC - Kyogle, Australia
- 27.07.2015 : Team TLD Riders All Score Top-10 Finishes at Washougal | AMA Pro Motocross - Washougal, WA
- 27.07.2015 : TLD’s Noren Makes It Three Weekends In A Row With Career-Best Finish | AMA Pro Motocross - Washougal, WA
- 27.07.2015 : Interview: Brandon Semenuk and Rupert Walker - Revel In The Chaos | Freeride MTB - Pinkbike Interview
- 24.07.2015 : TLD's Toby Price Could Wrap Up Fifth AORC Crown This Weekend | AORC - Kyogle, Australia
- 24.07.2015 : Sage Karam Earns First-Career Podium At Iowa 2015 | IndyCar - Newton, IA
- 23.07.2015 : TLD’s Noren Backs Up Career Best Result With Seventh Overall | AMA Pro Motocross - Millville, MN
- 20.07.2015 : TLD’s McElrath Breaks Into Top-10 With Impressive Moto 2 Ride | AMA Motocross - Millville, MN
- 20.07.2015 : KTM Strong Man Kirk Gibbs Braves The Pain At Shepparton | Motocross - Victoria, Australia
- 10.07.2015 : TLD/KTM’s Toby Price Picked Up By Red Bull Factory Rally Team | World Motorcycle Rally Championships