Inside Look at the HYR 12-Hour Endurance Race
Glen Helen Raceway - San Bernardino, CA
A true test of man and machine, the fabled HYR 12-Hour Endurance Race at Glen Helen is a grueling, half-day GP-style race that takes place in one of the most challenging venues on the west coast. The 20-minute long Glen Helen loop had racers hitting the National Motocross track, the wide-open SRA Gran Prix course and some of most secret, gnarly trail sections in the area.
This year's event went own in the 100-degree range with dusty, choppy conditions, and the racing was nothing less than brutal.
Malcolm Smith Motorsports' own Alexander Smith shreds through the difficult creek section on his way to third place in the Ironman division. This kid puked twice and still finished on the podium!
DR test rider Ricky Yorks set the fastest lap for the team and rode a smooth, Subway-fueled race to help win the 125-250 Expert Class. The Dirt Rider team lapped second place!
For the complete photo report visit: www.dirtrider.com
- 22.05.2013 : Panther Ends Eventful Pole Day with Hildebrand 10th | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 20.05.2013 : Alise Post Repeats Her USAC Title | BMX - Chula Vista, CA
- 20.05.2013 : Graffunder Puts Husqvarna In Top Five at Barcelona X Games | Endurocross - Barcelona, Spain
- 20.05.2013 : Troy Lee Designs Kicks Off Summer at Hangtown MX | AMA Motocross - Sacramento, CA
- 20.05.2013 : Servia Successfully Qualifies for the Indianapolis 500 | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 20.05.2013 : Race Rewind: Malcolm Stewart’s Hangtown National | MotoXAddicts Interview
- 17.05.2013 : 'Little' Brother Goes Big | VurbMoto Interview
- 16.05.2013 : Ricky and Luke Johnson Both Victorious at Eldora Speedway | TORC - Rossburg, OH
- 16.05.2013 : Catching Up With: Blake Savage | DMX Interview
- 15.05.2013 : Matt Simmonds Takes 3rd at Round 2 of the BDS Fort William | MTB - Fort William, Scotland