Inside Look at the HYR 12-Hour Endurance Race
Glen Helen Raceway - San Bernardino, CA
A true test of man and machine, the fabled HYR 12-Hour Endurance Race at Glen Helen is a grueling, half-day GP-style race that takes place in one of the most challenging venues on the west coast. The 20-minute long Glen Helen loop had racers hitting the National Motocross track, the wide-open SRA Gran Prix course and some of most secret, gnarly trail sections in the area.
This year's event went own in the 100-degree range with dusty, choppy conditions, and the racing was nothing less than brutal.
Malcolm Smith Motorsports' own Alexander Smith shreds through the difficult creek section on his way to third place in the Ironman division. This kid puked twice and still finished on the podium!
DR test rider Ricky Yorks set the fastest lap for the team and rode a smooth, Subway-fueled race to help win the 125-250 Expert Class. The Dirt Rider team lapped second place!
For the complete photo report visit: www.dirtrider.com
- 07.03.2014 : Servia to Race Select Races with Rahal Letterman Lanigan | IndyCar - Brownsburg, IN
- 06.03.2014 : Interview: Cole Seely - Replacement Killer | Supercross - TWMX Interview
- 05.03.2014 : Where Are They Now - Dave Cullinan | MTB - Interview
- 05.03.2014 : Troy Lee Designs' Malcolm Stewart to Race Daytona Supercross | Supercross - Corona, CA
- 04.03.2014 : Herfindahl and Joanis Win Pro Finals In Cross-Country and Snocross | Snocross - Warroad, MN
- 03.03.2014 : Honda Red Riders Crowd the Podium in Indianapolis | AMA Supercross - Indianapolis, IN
- 03.03.2014 : SCORE San Felipe 250 Victory Marks Historic Feat For Vildosola Racing | Off-Road - San Felipe, Mexico
- 28.02.2014 : SRAM Announces Formation of SRAM / Troy Lee Designs Mountain Bike Team | Chicago, IL
- 27.02.2014 : Interview: TLD Enduro Rider Bryan Regnier | MTB - France
- 27.02.2014 : Seely Joins Team Honda Muscle Milk in Indianapolis | Supercross - Torrance, CA