IndyCar Champ Scott Dixon Saving Speed For Warmer Weather
IndyCar - Pre Season
He said the team is saving its days for later in the season.
“It’s easy to get down the road in [track] conditions that can be 40 degrees cooler than when you actually race,” said Dixon, who has been on the track only three days so far, or about half the time of other drivers. “We’ve just canceled the Barber [Motorsports Park] test we had set for the 4th of March.
“We want to make sure we keep developing in the areas we need from the offseason, then work on the car for setups during the hotter months.”
The season opens March 30 in St. Petersburg, Fla.
Dixon might be with the same team for the 12th consecutive season, but he has changes to adapt to this year. Namely, a key teammate as Tony Kanaan has replaced Dario Franchitti in the 10 car. Dixon and Franchitti were teammates for five seasons, and the change figures to impact Dixon.
“Dario and I were very similar, I think, in debriefing and the way that we approached the weekend,” Dixon said. “Hard to tell with T.K. yet because we haven’t worked together that much.”
Dixon said Kanaan’s communication skills are different than Franchitti’s, too.
“Very different,” he said. “Some in Portuguese and then in broken English.”
- 02.03.2015 : Seely’s Stats - 10 Fast Facts from Atlanta 2 Supercross | AMA Supercross - Atlanta, GA
- 27.02.2015 : Sound Off: Jessy Nelson Interview | TLD Race Team - Art's Cyclery Interview
- 25.02.2015 : Logan Christian Lands Podium Finish In Chicago | Snocross - Chicago, IL
- 25.02.2015 : Toby Price Swaps Bike for Stadium Super Truck Debut | Super Trucks - Adelaide, Australia
- 25.02.2015 : Mears All Smiles After Successful Daytona Speedweeks | NASCAR - Daytona Beach, FL
- 24.02.2015 : Top-10 Finish for Kasey Kahne in 2015 Daytona 500 | NASCAR - Daytona, FL
- 24.02.2015 : California Dreamin' with Aaron Gwin | MTB - Pinkbike Interview
- 24.02.2015 : Willoughby and Post Victorious at 2015 Phoenix Winter Nationals | BMX - Phoenix, AZ
- 23.02.2015 : The Play-By-Play of Cole Seely’s Race Day in Atlanta | AMA Supercross - Atlanta, GA
- 13.02.2015 : Christian Brothers Racing Wins Soo I-500 and Podiums In New York | Snocross - Fertile, MN