IndyCar Champ Scott Dixon Saving Speed For Warmer Weather
IndyCar - Pre Season
He said the team is saving its days for later in the season.
“It’s easy to get down the road in [track] conditions that can be 40 degrees cooler than when you actually race,” said Dixon, who has been on the track only three days so far, or about half the time of other drivers. “We’ve just canceled the Barber [Motorsports Park] test we had set for the 4th of March.
“We want to make sure we keep developing in the areas we need from the offseason, then work on the car for setups during the hotter months.”
The season opens March 30 in St. Petersburg, Fla.
Dixon might be with the same team for the 12th consecutive season, but he has changes to adapt to this year. Namely, a key teammate as Tony Kanaan has replaced Dario Franchitti in the 10 car. Dixon and Franchitti were teammates for five seasons, and the change figures to impact Dixon.
“Dario and I were very similar, I think, in debriefing and the way that we approached the weekend,” Dixon said. “Hard to tell with T.K. yet because we haven’t worked together that much.”
Dixon said Kanaan’s communication skills are different than Franchitti’s, too.
“Very different,” he said. “Some in Portuguese and then in broken English.”
- 03.09.2015 : Race Recap: Kirk Gibbs Talks 2015 Title | MX Nationals - Coolum, Australia
- 03.09.2015 : Colton Facciotti Crowned King of Walton | Motocross - Walton, Canada
- 01.09.2015 : Kirk Gibbs Takes MX Nationals Championship | Motocross - Coolum, Australia
- 01.09.2015 : Dixon Comes From Behind To Win 2015 IndyCar Championship | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 28.08.2015 : Oriol Servia to Drive Justin Wilson's No. 25 Car in IndyCar Finale | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 27.08.2015 : Alise Post 1st, Sam Willoughby 3rd at Sweden BMX | BMX - Angelholm, Sweden
- 26.08.2015 : Juan Montoya: Job To Do But With Sadness in Heart | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA
- 24.08.2015 : TLD’s Jessy Nelson Closes 2015 Championship With a Podium in Indiana | AMA Pro Motocross - Crawfordsville, IN
- 24.08.2015 : TLD's Aaron Gwin Clinches 2015 DH MTB World Cup Championship Title | MTB - Val di Sole, Italy
- 21.08.2015 : Semenuk Revels In The Glory Of 3rd Consecutive Red Bull Joyride Win | Freeride MTB - Whistler, Canada