Husqvarna's Cory Graffunder Dominates Red Bull Rocks & Logs
Endurocross - Calgary, Canada
"I won all the heats and the final, which is what I was hoping to do," Cory said. "There were some other fast guys here today and it definitely wasn't going to be a walk in the park. The rain on Friday was worrying, but the sun came out and it really came together. It was all pretty tough but nothing was super gnarly."
Over 90 riders took to the Shane Cuthbertson-designed track and competed in a head-to-head knockout format. In the end it was a flawless day for Graffunder, who praised the Red Bull Rocks & Logs course.
"I've heard of people having endurocross races and they're not really a real endurocross as far as I'm used to. Maybe there's some hare scramble mixed in, or maybe the track's not really up to par. But I called up Shane and he said, 'you should come. It's going to be legit.' And it didn't disappoint. We had a wicked event."
Graffunder came away with the trophy and a cash prize of $2500, and went on to spend the rest of his Memorial Day weekend visiting with family in neighboring British Colombia. "I've been living in California for a while so it's good to come back to the homeland and take the victory," the Canadian said.
Be sure to follow Team Husqvarna on Facebook or via Twitter @HusqvarnaNA.
Husqvarna Motorcycles. Tradition on two wheels since 1903.
Husqvarna Motorcycles are widely known and respected in the off-road world for a heritage of competition and numerous motocross and enduro world championships. Originally founded in Sweden in 1903, Husqvarna motorcycles have been designed and manufactured in Varese, Italy since 1987.
Husqvarna Motorcycles NA, LLC
Husqvarna has continued to expand its professional race team to compete in AMA National Enduro, GNCC, EnduroCross and AMA West Hare Scrambles Series. Husqvarna team riders are competing aboard 2013 Husqvarna CR125, TC250R, TXC250R and TXC310R off-road models.
- 28.01.2015 : Brandon Semenuk Slopestyle/Freeride Athlete of the Year | MTB - Pinkbike Awards
- 28.01.2015 : Christian Brothers Racing Wins Gold at Winter X Games 2015 | Snowmobile Hillcross - Aspen, CO
- 28.01.2015 : Tye Simmonds Scores 1st Place Finish at Deep Well MX | Off-Road - Alice Springs, Australia
- 26.01.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Rider Cole Seely Grabs Season Best Finish in Fifth | AMA Supercross - Oakland, CA
- 26.01.2015 : Chip Ganassi Racing Wins Record Sixth Rolex 24 At Daytona | Rolex 24 Hours - Daytona Beach, FL
- 24.01.2015 : Nelson Passes a Dozen Riders En Route to a Top 10 Finish | AMA Supercross - Oakland, CA
- 23.01.2015 : Scott Pruett Aims for Record Sixth Win at Rolex 24 Endurance Race | TUDOR - Daytona Beach, FL
- 23.01.2015 : Lusty Industries Athletes Long and Simmonds Take On Deep Well MX | Motocross - Alice Springs, Australia
- 22.01.2015 : ESM’s 2015 Worldwide Season Starts at Home & the Rolex 24 | WEC & TUDOR - Riviera Beach, FL
- 22.01.2015 : Team TLD's Ascent to the Top of American Motocross | Troy Lee Designs - Company History