Husqvarna Has Another Win Weekend
WORCS - Enterprise, UT
Husqvarna's Cory Graffunder rolled into Central, Utah only a few points out of the lead in the Pro 2 class of the World Off Road Championship Series (WORCS), and was able to take a valuable step forward in the championship by taking the win on the technical Utah course.
Cory Graffunder knew that the win was mandatory to keep his Pro 2 championship hunt alive in the WORCS series. Recovering from a mid-pack start, which included taking a row of banners for a joyride, Cory pushed his TXC511 to the front of the Pro 2 class (and 6th overall position) midway through lap two, and never looked back.
"This was a fun course," Cory said. "It was really rough and wet. I think we crossed that creek about six times each lap! The water was awesome, and the terrain suited my style. The win here is great, and I'm looking forward to the last three rounds."
With three rounds remaining, Cory now sits just five points out of the lead in Pro 2 with a good shot at taking his first WORCS title.
Cory Graffunder returns to racing this weekend, LIVE on ESPN2, in the Summer X Games Enduro X event! Check your local listing for show times and details.
- 07.03.2014 : Servia to Race Select Races with Rahal Letterman Lanigan | IndyCar - Brownsburg, IN
- 06.03.2014 : Interview: Cole Seely - Replacement Killer | Supercross - TWMX Interview
- 05.03.2014 : Where Are They Now - Dave Cullinan | MTB - Interview
- 05.03.2014 : Troy Lee Designs' Malcolm Stewart to Race Daytona Supercross | Supercross - Corona, CA
- 04.03.2014 : Herfindahl and Joanis Win Pro Finals In Cross-Country and Snocross | Snocross - Warroad, MN
- 03.03.2014 : Honda Red Riders Crowd the Podium in Indianapolis | AMA Supercross - Indianapolis, IN
- 03.03.2014 : SCORE San Felipe 250 Victory Marks Historic Feat For Vildosola Racing | Off-Road - San Felipe, Mexico
- 28.02.2014 : SRAM Announces Formation of SRAM / Troy Lee Designs Mountain Bike Team | Chicago, IL
- 27.02.2014 : Interview: TLD Enduro Rider Bryan Regnier | MTB - France
- 27.02.2014 : Seely Joins Team Honda Muscle Milk in Indianapolis | Supercross - Torrance, CA