Husqvarna and Redmond Close Out EnduroCross Season On The Podium
Endurocross - Las Vegas, NV
Kyle Redmond was able to ride his strong momentum to a season-best finish at the Las Vegas finale of the GEICO AMA EnduroCross series. The FMF/Stillwell Performance-backed rider was able to get his TXC310 on the podium with a third place finish after battling tooth and nail down to the last lap.
"I'm really happy to get the Husky up there on the podium," Redmond said. "It's a huge relief for me this year. It's a really great bike and I'm so happy to be with Husqvarna and be on this team. I want to thank Husky for sticking with me. They believed in me this year. The start of the season was not very good - obviously I fractured my ankle so I was trying to catch up. These last few rounds I felt good but I just haven't gotten the starts I needed. It finally all came together tonight; I got the start and got through the lappers."
Redmond's night started out at a disadvantage when he was caught up in a crash on the first lap of the main. Fortunately for him there were two main events at the double-header season finale, so Kyle had a second chance, and thanks to an interesting starting technique, he got the start he needed to battle for the podium. Rather than picking his own gate, Redmond opted to line up on the second row, behind Taddy Blazusiak and Cody Webb (eventual first and second place finishers). The tactic paid off and Redmond was able to sneak in a top-five start.
"I was tired of being behind all the other guys because I felt like they were messing me up in the rocks," Redmond said. "I was running through the rocks as good as those two guys and I felt like I needed to be up there and not have the rest of the field in my way. I just followed Taddy and Cody and obviously got out to a good start."
Redmond's mastery of the treacherous rock section helped him stay ahead of Geoff Aaron for the final podium position. Aaron kept Redmond honest up until the last turn, but Kyle was able to call on his hard enduro skills to tackle the boulder pile - agreed to be the toughest section the EnduroCross series has ever seen.
Cory Graffunder had a rough night, but hung tough and carded consistent finishes in the Las Vegas main events. Graffunder was hoping to back up his podium finish at the Boise EnduroCross round with another one, but had to settle with two seventh-place finishes for the night.
"It wasn't what I was hoping for, but that's EnduroCross for you," Graffunder said. "I had a lot of fun out there tonight and I'm glad to finish out the season strong in the points. I finished the championship fifth in points, which is pretty good. I want to thank Husky and FMF and Stillwell Performance and all our sponsors this year for such great support. We really put a great team together, and our TXC310s were amazing this season.
"Kyle and I are really looking forward to next year," Graffunder continued. "We learned a lot this year and we're going to be even stronger next year. I can't wait to get on the new 2013 Red Head TXC310R. It's going to be an incredible race bike."
Be sure to follow Team Husqvarna on Facebook or via Twitter @HusqvarnaNA.
Husqvarna Motorcycles. Tradition on two wheels since 1903.
Husqvarna Motorcycles, a part of the BMW Group since October 2007, are widely known and respected in the off-road world for a heritage of competition and numerous motocross and enduro world championships. Originally founded in Sweden in 1903, Husqvarna motorcycles have been designed and manufactured in Varese, Italy since 1987.
Husqvarna Motorcycles NA, LLC
Husqvarna Motorcycles NA, LLC is part of BMW (US) Holding Corp. BMW Group's sales headquarters for North, Central and South America is located in Woodcliff Lake, NJ. Husqvarna has continued to expand its professional race team to compete in AMA National Enduro, GNCC, EnduroCross, the AMA Western Hare Scrambles Series and WORCS championships. Husqvarna team riders are competing aboard 2012 Husqvarna TC250, TXC250, TXC310 and TXC511 off-road models.
- 06.07.2015 : TLD Riders Celebrate Fourth of July with Heartfelt Efforts | AMA Pro Motocross -Buchanan, MI
- 29.06.2015 : TLD / Lucas Oil / Red Bull / KTM Riders Endure Weather As Season Hits Halfway Point | AMA Pro Motocross - Mechanicsville, MD
- 29.06.2015 : TLD’s Noren Bounces Back For Solid Moto 2 Finish at Budds Creek | AMA Pro Motocross - Mechanicsville, MD
- 26.06.2015 : Scott Dixon Looks to Complete Career California Track Sweep | IndyCar - Fontana, CA
- 23.06.2015 : Ward Wins Pole and Takes 4th in Red Bull GRC Debut at Daytona | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 23.06.2015 : Block Takes 2nd at Rd 3 of 2015 Red Bull GRC Season in Daytona | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 18.06.2015 : Podium Finish for Dempsey and Long at Le Mans | Auto Racing - Le Mans, France
- 15.06.2015 : TLD's Seely and Noren Earn Top-10 Finishes in Pennsylvania | AMA Pro Motocross - Mt. Morris, PA
- 15.06.2015 : Top-10 Results for TLD’s Nelson and McElrath at High Point National | AMA Pro Motocross - Mt. Morris, PA
- 15.06.2015 : TLD Bike Athletes Go Big at Rd 3 of MTB World Cup DH Series | DH MTB - Leogang, Austria