Husqvarna and Benoit Paturel Are French MX Vice Champions
Motocross - Gaillac Toulza, France
The huge amount of downpour throughout the week in the area of Gaillac Toulza near Toulouse secured once again that the final round of the French MX Elite Championship would be held on soft and muddy ground.
The track was slippery in qualifying, but Benoit managed to do a perfect lap to take the pole position more than two seconds ahead of his rivals! For the MX2 race, the track was still very wet. Benoit took a good start and came out of the first corner in 5th. A few laps later he went up one position, but was unable to reach the top 3 riders. This 4th place in the MX2 race secured his place as vice-champion.
In the super final , Benoit had to start in the middle of the 450 riders from the 19th starting gate. Through the whole race, it was a fight between Benoit on his TC250R and Maxime Desprey, who both made their way up through the field. In the end, Benoit crossed the finish line in 11th position and as 3rd best MX2 rider.
Benoit now prepares himself for the second round of the European MX2 championship next weekend at the Motocross GP of France in Ernée.
Like all the 125cc riders competing in Gaillac, David Herbreteau was faced with very difficult conditions. The mud in combination with the very fast track layout was not really giving an advance to the small capacity bikes. Setting the 12th fastest time in his group, David had an excellent start on his CR125 and was in 10th place at the beginning of the MX2 race. But then he crashed and found himself at the back of the field. But this was no reason for the 15-year-old French rider to give up. Squeezing the last drip of power out of his bike, David went back up through the field from position 40 to 17 at the finish. This result qualified him also for the super final, where the task was even tougher faced to the 450cc riders and an already destroyed track. In the end, David took an impressive 27th place finish leaving 14 competitors behind him.
The whole weekend was an excellent training for David for the next rounds of French Junior MX Championship on the 16th of June in Rauville, and 125 European Championship in Latvia on th 7th of July.
"This is the first time in my career that I finished on the podium of a championship. This is a result that rewards all the work I've done with Bud, Husqvarna, and all my relatives. This weekend it was a little more difficult than Villars or St John. The muddy conditions did not make our lives easier in the super final to face 450. I finished as third best MX2 rider of the day, which strengthens my second place in the championship. Now we are looking forward to European Championship thanks to the great work with Jacky (Vimond) I'm really looking forward to Ernée to show what I'm able to do in this championship. In Portugal I stayed far behind my level, we were able to limit the damage with a seventh place, but I want to do much better."
"It was a very difficult day, because of the soft and muddy ground caused by heavy rains this week. In the qualifying session I was not able to find a good pace, but I managed to improve in the race. I felt good in the first race, although I lost a lot of time falling and being stuck in the fences. I was last when I got going again and I was even able to finish in the points, which qualified me for the super final. To race with the 450's was very complicated. I was fighting the whole race and finished as eleventh best MX2 rider despite the handicap of the smaller displacement in the despite mud. Next race for me, will be the French Junior Championship, to which I'm really looking forward."
- 29.05.2015 : TLD Canada / Honda Canada / GDR Set To Bring Home Championship Titles | Motocross - Ontario Canda
- 28.05.2015 : Eighth for Jerome Clementz in EWS#2 Ireland | Enduro MTB - Glenealy, Ireland
- 26.05.2015 : Austin Dillon Dominates Nascar Xfinity Race At Charlotte | NASCAR - Charlotte, NC
- 26.05.2015 : Juan Pablo Montoya Outduels Power To Indianapolis 500 Victory | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN
- 26.05.2015 : TLD’s Nelson Makes First Podium Appearance at Glen Helen | AMA Pro Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 25.05.2015 : Seely’s Hard Charging Earned the TLD Rider First Top-10 Finish in the 450 Class | AMA Pro Motocross - San Bernardino, CA
- 22.05.2015 : Fredrik Noren to Fill In for Injured Trey Canard | AMA Pro Motocross - Torrance, CA
- 21.05.2015 : Troy Lee Designs Announces New Distributor in Mexico | Playas De Tijuana, Mexico
- 21.05.2015 : Catching Up With Westen Wrozyna | Interview - Canada
- 19.05.2015 : Scott Dixon Earns Pole Position for 99th Indianapolis 500 | IndyCar - Indianapolis, IN