Hot Wheels hunts for World's Best Driver
Mattell continues to build brand with new marketing push
Hot Wheels has entered the second phase of its 2013 high-impact brand campaign, with the launch of its World’s Best Driver Campaign.
Having secured the number one spot - according to February NPD data - within the Vehicles Super and Mini Vehicles categories, Mattel’s brand ups the action further with its latest endeavor.
The World’s Best Driver initiative will see eight Team Hot Wheels drivers compete against each other in a number of challenges to decide the ultimate winner.
The campaign hopes to create excitement with boys as it launches across the brand’s social media channels with racing footage and special behind-the-scenes videos featuring drivers, cars, and stunts, as well as a glimpse of the preparation involved in the event.
And Hot Wheels will be bringing the action to the UK with a brand tour visiting over 30 key locations.
The tour will enable fans to take part in challenges and a competition to win a ride to school in a Hot Wheels car driven by a Team Hot Wheels driver.
UK director of customer marketing and brand communications, Wendy Hill, commented: “Hot Wheels has had a fantastic start to 2013 and we have an extensive marketing campaign throughout the year.
“Our program of activity encourages boys to follow the progression of World’s Best Driver campaign and the tour is a great way for boys to connect directly with the brand.”
The film features TLD athletes Luke Johnson and Casey Currie, stunt coordinator Greg Trachy, and the Hot Wheels cars were built by our friend Billy "Jet Boat" Hammon.
For more information visit: www.hotwheels.com
- 28.08.2014 : Unsung Hero: Fredrik Noren on the 2014 MX Season | AMA Motocross - RacerX Interview
- 27.08.2014 : Micky Dymond to Race 2nd Annual AMA Sturgis Supermoto Race | Supermoto - Sturgis, SD
- 27.08.2014 : Colton Facciotti Discusses Utah And Latvia | Motocross - Canada
- 26.08.2014 : Ken Block Takes 2nd at GRC Daytona and Moves Into 2nd In the Championship | Rallycross - Daytona Beach, FL
- 26.08.2014 : Chaz Mostert 'Rains' Supreme At Sydney Motorsport Park 400 | V8 Supercars - Sydney, Australia
- 26.08.2014 : Cole Seely Signs With American Honda | Supercross and Motocross - Torrance, CA
- 26.08.2014 : Dany Torres Takes 2nd In Red Bull X-Fighters Pretoria | FMX - Pretoria, South Africa
- 25.08.2014 : Troy Lee Designs Closes Outdoor Season in Utah | AMA Motocross - Tooele, UT
- 25.08.2014 : New Factory Honda Rider Cole Seely Signs Multi-Year Deal With TLD | AMA Motocross - Corona, CA
- 25.08.2014 : Dixon Claims Second Win of the Season at Sonoma | IndyCar - Sonoma, CA